X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daddy Love by Joyce Carol Oates

Very disturbing.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Yikes it sounds like it. I just read a synopsis. The only thing I read by her was We Were the Mulvaneys which I enjoyed very much!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm a bit leery of reading it. Last night my iPad distracted me so much...it seriously cut into my reading time, so I haven't gotten very far in this book. The Mulvaney book WAS good, they made it a movie didn't they? She writes "weird" books....her author photograph gives me the creeps. LOL
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1449706 wrote: I'm a bit leery of reading it. Last night my iPad distracted me so much...it seriously cut into my reading time, so I haven't gotten very far in this book. The Mulvaney book WAS good, they made it a movie didn't they? She writes "weird" books....her author photograph gives me the creeps. LOL
        Yes her material is a tad avant-garde. I think she espousing her view of a declining culture. The diminishing family and religious values that many of us are witnessing today!

Not sure if a movie was made. I'll check :l
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
        X