'Rachel's Holiday' Marion Keyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otie, Dry is about a man's journey through rehab. It is my all time favorite book. Very, very funny stuff. Highly recommend it. I am going to get Rachels Holiday today....
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Dry is GREAT Lushlet....I actually bought it on your recommendation and LOVED it...
      I also got Tom Sykes wot did I do last night and enjoyed that too, although it sort of petered off towards the end
      My book shelves are starting to resemble a rehab centres with all my books of addiction

Please feel free to join MA ..........melons anonymous.........

Comment

I've been bidding on ebay for rachels holiday, they are going for good bids!!! We are probably bidding against each other.... Anyone want to sell a copy??? We could start a book club either swap or sell with paypal payments ?????
        sigpicXXX

Comment

I want to be a member of MA!!! I read Tom Sykes book as well. Did not really enjoy it that much.

Betty good idea but I am too cheap. I get all my books at the library.....
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Betty, I was thinking the same thing about a MWO bookclub! I have every book that has been recommended here and happy to lend them all out to anyone.

Scoob
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Screamed with laughter

Rachel's holiday! OMG, I ended up with two copies, ordered a copy off ebay, then couldn't wait & bought a new copy at A&R.... The first few pages I was screaming with laughter, I LOVE the Irish wit, they certainly have it. Fantastic read, I've also grabbed a few more of Marian's books and can't wait to get stuck into them! This book comes highly recommended to those who have not yet read it.:H
              :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
              Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

I loved this book, poignant but funny too !!
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

I really liked Rachel's holiday and have read a few more of Marion's books. I've just started "Anybody out There" and I'm really enjoying it so far. She writes with honesty and personal knowledge of addictions and it's a shame she isn't taken a little more seriously.

Her novels are miles apart from the usual "Chick Lit" and I think she deserves more credit as a writer. I think she should choose less glitsy artwork as I think in her case people really do judge the book by its cover.

Loved Dry, made me cry tears of joy and sadness. Couldn't quite get through "Running with Scissors" but will check out the film, be interesting to see what they did with it.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Working...
                  X