I have this big stupid smile on my face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. I started watching the inauguration early this a.m. managed to jog over to cradle the new princess while Darling daughter took a nap,. got a $168.00 ticket along the way, but can't wipe this stupid smile off my face.

I am a a U.K. born citizen, with Canadian citizen, working on the U.S. citizenship for the last 2 years. I am such a proud resident of the United States today. My son was Canadian born, but he always claims, he was born in Canada, but made in the United States of America.

After his deportation he is in a beautiful area of Canada - B.C. but he misses the U.S. and his girlfriend so badly.

What a magnificent day for America. It was saluted around the world, we have a wonderful man of insight, and caring and someone who has the willingness to pull this country together.

It's a wonderful day for America.
    Enlightened by MWO

So did Pee Wee.......
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks S Kendall. I was reluctant to start a thread like this because there are some members here who really hate Obama. I am proud, happy, and somewhat scared (because of all the haters) tonight. The part of his speech that really hit me in the gut was the part where he mentioned that his father might not have been served in a U.S. restaurant 60 years ago.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

as I said ..
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I was not aware of any Obama haters here and that makes me sad if there are. Regardless of your politicial persuasion, this is a man who is willing to take on transforming what this country has turned into, which is not pretty. I am beyond inspired, and oh so hopeful, after today.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

he has alot of work to do.
            i for one, feel like we have a strong capable leader again.

Comment

My smile becomes larger by the minute
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Chrysa??
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Come on guys, this is not the time to be Politically correct, it is the first time in the last 8 years to not be intimididated by your governement.

Our new President has inspired many, he seems to be a very honest and decent guy - even the x pres said that for whatever that is worth.

I have experiened a total chin up of so many people here today.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

i'm doing a happy dance.

i think he has the brains, guts, and will to help turn things around, but as i said, there is alot of work to do!

Comment

bump
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I am proud to be in the United States today!! It is special!! Come on
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

bump
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Our gal Tawny, promissed to stay up to watch it at 3:00 a.m. her time, so possibly she is taking a nap.

It was a wonderful day, and I cannot stop saying that, so many people so happy, but Bush handed over a lot over a lot of crap/etc. I will end it at at that.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hi everyone,is a Canadian and maybe i should stay out of it,nope cant do that,i am happy for the US of A,where i come from its called grabbing at stars,and not cause I'm drunk,this man or any person that got into office has a long road ahead,this wont be accomplished in four years,but as the man said,we the people ,not him,have decided on change,i just hope that other societies once changes have been made,over the years,if all goes well.follow,i will end on this note,the late Martin Luther King said, I HAVE A DREAM,i do believe that dream came through yesterday,as he would and many before him said,GOD BLESS AMERICA, gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X