af day Wed 26 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 26 Dec

Happy Boxing Day and I do hope you guys had a fun or just OK Christmas day. I know it was not easy for all - and of course as I write this - the day is not over for the North American abbers.

TDN - your horror stories about the US legal system and the different states system and your DUI - is an eye opener to me. It sounds so complicated.

Mick - how's the tummy with all that festive grub?

Kuya and Blondie - survived the heat wave? Not great weather for being around hot food - or doing much.

CanToo - how's the cold?

And to everyone else - how did the day go?

So my first AF Christmas day in 15 years. I deliberately minimised the stress for me and we had a lovely day. I was still very tired from my travelling and I have a horrible cough (just had a wee coughing fit). Two cups of tea already but will switch to the coffee. Family still asleep - nice quiet time - apart from the birds and the fridge doing its fridge thing!

Take care you all!!!

af day Wed 26 Dec

treetops......just finished Chrissy dinner .......wow talk bout full up...didnt even think about al....glad you had a good one x
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Howdy Tree. It's so cold... "how cold is it?". It's so cold that the boxing day snowshoe was cancelled too. BUT it will be 20C warmer by the weekend... Tree, I love Canada and will never leave. Can't. I'm frozen to the ground. :H

Isn't it great when you can here the clock tick?
      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Hi y'all

Boxing Day duties done.....watching drunk people is sooooo amusing, then boring, then get me outta here! :H

Back to work tomorrow ...... Such a short break...... Feels less than a weekend with all the hype.

Need a long soak in a bath and an early night. Watching vid with daughter and enjoying the peace YAY

Hey cantoo.....too damned cold for me TBH.....shame cos I love things CaNaDIan......will have to wait till summer

Treetops .......when does it ever NOT rain at Xmas

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

KY - too cold or most I'd think. AF crazy holiday #1 done.

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Now for new year hehehehehe

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Lol, up later tonight than I will be on the 31st.

Off to sleep my upside down friend.

:l

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Mornin all...wow big lie in this morning....now 8.30! only been up since 0745..How is everyone today?...everyone make it through ok?Well we can say thats the first af Chrimbo gone for most of us..still feel fulll tgo the gunwhales today...had a wee peek on the scales this morning...ooops!!!easy to see what the new year will consist of..might not even wait till then...when I get an ideaa...its usually a goer..dont usually do too much thinking about it!!
                Well today...first day of the overly exaggerated sales.. no doubt there will be loads of bargains to be had at knock down prices...which were actually overpriced in the first instance!!!

Tea and coffee on the go now for any one that wants it

Morning Ky...glad you are ok and made it through..bummer about working but must keep the pennies coming in!!

Morning Cantoo ...jeez that does sound cold..pity the snowshoe wasa cancelled...all ok in the house? So chuffed you proved that you cantoo!!

Morn treetops you ok? yep its a festive tummy ..that will be on a disappearing trick shortly!!!

Mornin Lav...coffeee for you..normality reigning in your part of the world yet??Wow didnt you have a lot to sort out

Anyone for turkey curry/soup sandwiches :H:H

Morning Nurdl...how did your day go? back to normal now?

YAH...double well done for you ...no smokes either excellent :goodjob:

Hiya sl...Glad you are feeling bit better now..well done :l

Hi det ..you ok? did you go and see that film? was it any good?....Les Mis is advertised on the big screen in Jan defo want to see that ..want some garlic turkey?:H

Hippyman ..yo how are you today??things ok for you? ace

PPQ .....hiya you ok? how did Chrimble go for you? good I hope ...whats the rest of your plans ? chill time?

Hiya blondie ..you ok ? glad you got through your wee cheesed off bit...did it go ok in the end

TDN... good morning to you ...how are you appreciate that the licence job has cheesed you a bit????but mebbe you can get some answers today...fingers crossed for you...and I thought our legal system was crap...well it is...just seems yours is a bit worse at times

Right off to let me wabbits out..the sun is out ...but for how long who knows ..so take care..have a good one

Aaaargh...reply number 2..the first one has disappeared!!
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Good morning, afternoon or evening, everyone.

Sounds like everyone made it through Christmas-Chrimbo. It was actually my second AF Christmas, but 2112 asn't totally AF, as you know. Had a nice day iwth our friends, whom we don't see enough. The woman is leaving next week for four months in FL--does this every year, and boy, am I envious. When we worked together--in the nineties--we went for a week in mid-winter, and it was great. Her hubby may go for a week or to, but has a business here and can't be away much. He is really overweight and had a scare a couple of months ago, and stopped drinking, except occasionally in a restaurant. Wife can take it or leave it. We had a great sparkling AF blood orange drink, and it as great. Great dinner and a chocolate lava cake made in the slow cooker.

Did some research on the Internet for attorneys and will look into contacting one or two today. Trying not to focus too much on that, but it's very hard, as the idea of being stuck for two years is overwhelming. But I am AF, and wasn't even tempted by the red wine I had to buy to use in one for the dishes.

We are supposed to get our first real snow storm tonight into tomorrow--a foot or more:upset: Am hoping that we can get out for a few errands later. I ill probably work on Friday, but that is it for the week.

Hope you all have a great AF day! Happy Boxing Day to all of you ho celebrate that!

TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Morning all. Up early today. I'm meeting with a trainer at the gym to get an exercise program started. I will have to face the dreaded scales with someone there writing down my numbers. A harsh way to start the day but it must be done. Besides if I can make it through Day 1 I can do this. No yoga today but... I set up my stationary bike at home with the portable DVD player. I've got 6 seasons of Sex and the City to watch but only while biking. Good incentive, no? :H
                    Christmas was lovely. Very relaxed at home. Today will be the challenge. I'm not worried about drinking but the sils are very nosy and will want to know why I'm not drinking. I'm not ready to tell the so I will have to be clever. Wish me luck!
                    Laters
                    ~n
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Good morning Abbers!

Cloudy here, big rain on the way ~ oh well.
                      I am about to head out to Cuves (need to work off a few thousand cookies :H)
                      I've made a pot of turkey noodle soup so that will be good later.

nurdl, please help yourself to my famous 'Lavan-ittude'.
                      You don't need to explain your choice to anyone. Your choice to not pour AL down your throat & risk turning into an asshole is none of their damn business - RIGHT?
                      I've never let anyone question me.....

Greetings to all & wishes for a great AF Wednesday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

:hallo: Morning DAF'ers...

treetops;1432062 wrote: So my first AF Christmas day in 15 years. I deliberately minimised the stress for me and we had a lovely day.
                        Evening TT...my first AF Christmas day in I honestly don't know how many years...just did the math...38 years :wow:

CanToo;1432228 wrote: AF crazy holiday #1 done.
                        Morning CanToo...my #1 crazy holiday done as well. Like you I was up later than I will be on New Years Eve.

kuya;1432239 wrote: Now for new year hehehehehe
                        Evening KY...Geezee...let me at least have Boxing Day before thinking about NYE. Mind you partying that night stopped a long time ago for me. Got too old to stay up that late.

Mick;1432263 wrote: PPQ .....hiya you ok? how did Chrimble go for you? good I hope ...whats the rest of your plans ? chill time?
                        Morning Mick and thanks for the coffee. Have you ever noticed how much better coffee tastes without a hangouver? Sorry you lost your first post, I tried posting yesterday from my phone and finally gave up. I now have a new appreciation for your efforts Mick :H
                        Christmas Day was mostly stress free, except for the text from my ex telling me how much he loves me. I knew this would start up again if I talked to him. Just ignored it and him as he knows all my buttons to press. Thinking of replacing those with zippers in the New Year.

ThreeDogNight;1432274 wrote:
                        But I am AF, and wasn't even tempted by the red wine I had to buy to use in one for the dishes. We are supposed to get our first real snow storm tonight into tomorrow--a foot or more
                        Morning TDN....I'm getting used to TT posting 24hrs early, but 2112 is just too far in the future to even consider :H
                        One Day at a Time TDN...it was probably overwhelming for you to think about never drinking again but ODAT you're doing it. Vent away when needed, we'll be here. A foot or more of snow...easy peasy!

nurdl;1432285 wrote:
                        No yoga today but... I set up my stationary bike at home with the portable DVD player. I've got 6 seasons of Sex and the City to watch but only while biking. Good incentive, no? Today will be the challenge. I'm not worried about drinking but the sils are very nosy and will want to know why I'm not drinking. I'm not ready to tell the so I will have to be clever. Wish me luck!
                        Morning Nurdl...Good incentive, no? I think yes! And she says only on her bike...we'll see.
                        I think you should use one of Mick's answers for your SIL's...I especially like the "I'm practicing to be a Mormon" one. :H

Lavande;1432304 wrote:
                        nurdl, please help yourself to my famous 'Lavan-ittude'.
                        Morning Lav...yup that 'Lavan-ittude' worked for me, and I'm not giving it back.

Off to start breakie...have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come...PPQ

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Morning all - second sober Christmas too TDN, with a not so sober 2012! PPQ - got the texts too, bet the ex's were just lonely and realising what they were missing....
                          Had a good day and drove home feeling very safe and secure - slept well too for first time in a very long time, sitting in PJ's watching the rain and looking at plates of cookies - Nurdl, the exercise for me will be waiting a while, but I also want to get there!
                          Feeling calm and secure, and am glad about that.
                          Going to have a lazy boxing day. Taking rest of week off work and will just enjoy the girls with no stress....can handle that!!!
                          Good to see you all this morning...
                          (almost posted on tomorrows thread by mistake - or was it habit from past years of missing Boxing Day:H)
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Howdy all Abbers, near and far! Happy Boxing Day to those who are still on the 26th. What is Boxing Day anyway?

Thanks for starting the thread, Tree! It is good to have you back regularly.

Heya Kuya! Hope you enjoyed your bath. It is hard to go back to work after all the hoopla, I think.

I think the scales are a little tipped for all of us, Mick! Get started as soon as you can; as you said, why wait when you have the idea? Thanks for the AF & smoke-free congrats. You know, I decided to quit on Sunday and did it on Monday. I felt like shite, so why wait and give yourself time to make excuses!

Get your stuff done and then try to enjoy the snow, TDN. If you don't have to work until Friday......why not? I hope you find a good lawyer to help you with all of this legal stuff; you seem to have suffered more than enough for your decision already.

Hey, CanToo! Probably see you on a bit later.

Six seasons of Sex and the City seems very motivating to me, nurdl! Good luck getting your fitness program going. There are lots of "excuses" for not drinking. Funnily enough, I do find that if I say, "I'm an alcoholic, so I can't", that usually shuts people up pretty fast. Other reasons are "I'm trying to lose weight," or "I'm on antibiotics, " are also helpful. Of course, a little Lavanittude also goes a LONG WAY!

Congrats on your 1st sober Christmas, PPQ....yep, in a long time. Good for you. I hope you're having a great day, too.

Hey, SL, I hope you enjoy your time with your girls. Sounds like a good week ahead with them.

Anyway, I'm off to work for a couple of hours. We had more snow this morning, but now it's just raining. It's been interesting, as it is rare to have snow around here before January. My daugher will probably be going back home tomorrow. I'll miss her (but not the mess )

Happy day to all to come!

Hugs,
                            :l
                            YahYah
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

scottish lass;1432444 wrote: Morning all - second sober Christmas too TDN, with a not so sober 2012! PPQ - got the texts too, bet the ex's were just lonely and realising what they were missing....
                              :hallo: SL...yup...all fun and games till life hits you. I'd rather have life.

I love that feeling of calm and secure, best xmas present ever.

Quick trip to the grocer's for tomorrow's breakie, PJ's going back on, and I hope the "kid" got "The Mentalist" seasons 4-6 downloaded cause that's what I plan on watching for the rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X