Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 19th

Good Morning All!

Feeling good, and ready to start a new week.

Re: July 19th

good for you Pie ..and thanx for the start up ...how are we all today then? sun shining over here ,just been out for a bit of a bimble over the hills ...not far but enough to blow the cobwebs away .Weather is supposed to be nice next week again ..good..get some of my tomatoes ripened..though I did put a banana in the greenhouse last night..Garden is doing great Still looking at vans but the prices are absolutely crazy for what they are..plus the talk of another peak later on in the year ,seems a bit pointless buying a van to park on the drive until next year!if something comes up then fine but we will see ..We are def going away for a break soon even if its in the current van .....but at the moment most if not all of the sites are booked up until the end of August .I see today quite a few have flown to Spain ...to see the hotels etc have shut down again....I think you hit it on the head Lav ,re chickenpox,HIV etc its there and will lay dormant ,may break out in some may not in others .2 years today since Julie quit drinking...with her tracker she reckons it saved her £847 ..I was spending about £33 per week..so my 2 years would have been slightly more ha ha .Im sitting here in the front room and every so often all I see is a ball of grey and white fluff go scooting past ..I have to get her out ...else the wiring somewhere would suffer!

anyway take care everyone have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Top O the Sunday ABerooooodles!!

let's see... humidity abounds, but not here thankfully. that would just do me in with these temps which are bad enough.

PPQ, how do you like bridge? I've never learned to play that game.

Pie, you sound chipper!

oh, a few wacky pics just for fun:

PICS: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

Mick, that's great. it's amazing how expensive addictions can be in so many ways. Going to do my nic quit again soon....got patches and just
      waiting for my brain to say it's go time to quite the vaporizer again.

had two photo jobs Sat morn, then I'm so happy to say we got our passport applications submitted. This shut-down crap has crippled the dept of state so badly that
      they have ZERO people approving them so they could sit there for months before the process even begins. aaaaaaaaaaghghghghghghhh! they literally said it will be many
      months before they even begin on the backlog. Why can't this kind of thing be worked on remotely? is this 1975 again? just frustrated.... well that does give me more time
      to practice Italiano.

missed my meetings this week due to so much work but I do have Thu night blocked off for personal time this week which is good. Thankfully I'm feeling good and strong and even
      made it to the gym again last night. Going again today which is great...really makes a difference.

Pauly, so true... a hangover never sounds good but in this heat it would be murder. ick!

so tonight it's salmon, mushrooms, and I'm not sure what else yet

Lav, you tried lima bean hummus yet?

well, time to piddle about and get ready for the girls to get back from the eyebrow dude. Yep, I'm clueless as to what mysterious things
      are involved in having your 'brows done but I encourage the girls to do their girly things nonetheless.

stai bene ama!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Yep still hot & humid as hell, yuck. This heatwave has been extended thru Thursday so......
        Even with the house being cooled to a nice 68 degrees I still can’t sleep, not fair.
        Keeping everyone around here with fur or feathers cool is about all I accomplish in a day’s time, haha!

Pie, thanks for the startup & I hope you have a good week!

Mick, making short or long range plans is nearly impossible under current conditions. I have pretty much given up on 2020.
        Keeping my thoughts present & not worrying about stuff I cannot control is keeping me sane...so far.
        Congrats to Julie on her 2 yr quit :welldone: I never expected it to be such an empowering thing but it certainly was. You guys will have lots of cash when the right van comes along!
        I do pray for a vaccine & better treatments for coronavirus every single day!

Det, your pics are pretty wild. I’ve never taken a ‘trip’ but LSD comes to mine when I look at some of the pics , haha!!! Very artsy!!
        Waiting for more limas to come in & then I’ll see about a lima hummus, sounds good
        Glad you’re staying busy & moving ahead in the good life. Great job!!

Hello to Pauly, Sam, PQ & Cyn!

Have a decent night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Been busy working on the new software program, lots of computer work but do pencil in an evening bridge game when I can. Sorry for not posting regularly but things should settle down soon. Going into work this morning as the boss has buggered off. Will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, got woken up by thunder at 4:30 am but don't see any rain, I thought Brady was moving around furniture in his room that's how loud it was, not much going on around here, hope everyone has a great BF Monday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Had a note from Mick this morning. Sadly his good friend has passed.
              Let’s all keep him in our thoughts :hug:

Nothing much new - still hot as hell. Feel like temp was 109 today = disgusting
              Keeping my animals & self healthy, watering gardens as quickly as possible & getting back inside before I melt.
              \PQ & Pauly, hello to you & hello to the rest of the crew.

Wishing everyone comfort tonight!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I'm sorry about the loss if your friend still nothing new going on here just frustrated with a slow shop and everything that goes with it but I'll whine another time out of respect for Mick, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya everyone ,how are we all today then? hope all is well...I didnt really want to post here yesterday,In fact all I wanted was my thoughts ,but Im ok today...thats an upgrade on me normally ..
                  thank you Pauly ..you are a star ..whine away Im with it now!!how come the shop is so slow?over here the hairdressers are chokka ..Im struggling to take my custom anywhere...hope it picks up for you.

hiya Lav ,thank you too.hows things with you today?all good I hope ..nevr thought I would say this but my garden is absolutely full...still no red tomatoes!!hows the temps today?

big hello to everyone else...

Wear glasses and a mask?
                  You may be entitled to condensation.

Trump is now promoting beans.

Normally beans promote trumping.

I've wanted to be many things in my lifetime,
                  When I was 6 I wanted to be an astronaut
                  Then I wanted to be a wrestler
                  After that I wanted to be a doctor
                  Then I wanted to be an airline pilot.

Anyway, enough about me sir, do you want fries with that?

My dog was looking at me with a pathetic and sad face all morning.

I can't say I blame him, as this year I've changed his living arrangements and made him an outside dog.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...so sorry to hear about your friend. :hug: I understand you wanting to just be with your thoughts yesterday. Glad you're feeling a bit better today.

Pauly...be careful what you wish for. I know it's hard to work when things are slow but think of the alternative.

Lav...glad you're taking care of yourself and your animals. Wow, we're going all the way up to 80 today and that's plenty hot enough for me.

3 days of going into work now and it really wasn't worth it. Day 1 was finding and setting up my workstation, after which didn't feel like doing any work so left. Yesterday worked with childcare staff to set up contactless child sign in and out which only resulted in a whole slew of problems. Today got all the problems solved but ended up dealing with contractors coming into the building and not knowing what they were supposed to do. Just typical of the boss. Kept telling myself not my monkey, not my circus. LOL Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to delve into the new software which is the reason I'm in the office in the first place. Will make a better effort to post every day. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Tuesday ABerooooskies!

Mick, condolences on your loss. quite time is perfectly good here and there, that's for sure.

Lav, I feel you... 108 again here today and I'm pretty droopy. Going to force myself to run to the gym here shortly anyway. grunt!

PPQ, sorry about the trying day. things are going to get much more trying or so it seems... heard on NPR yesterday that Las Vegas will be looking at
                      at least 100,000 evictions being sent out at the end of this month. holy crap! this is going to be an absolutely insane mess for a very long time. I suppose
                      all we can do is set a good example by being sane, healthy, and kind to one another.

Pauly, keep the IG pics coming...great stuff! biz is slow at the hair shop? I can only imagine. Every day entire retail chain stores and many more independent biz's are
                      closing for good. I've never seen the likes of it.

I'm worried about my sister who lives in Seattle as the violence in the streets is getting closer to where she lives and she's afraid and doesn't know what to do.
                      worry won't do me a bit of good but it still comes. sigh..

ok, I'll cheer up after the gym and then making gazpacho and shrimp with barley and red bell peppers.

be well loves!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lav, forgot to say... yes my 'artistic' work is pretty psychedelic for sure and certainly isn't for all tastes.
                        it's maybe my way of balancing out the very structured way that architectural photography is done.
                        it's all good fun for me thankfully.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Temp hit 95 as usual but now it’s dropped to 84 because there’s a storm on the way, yay!!
                          Getting tired of standing outside watering plants & sweating like a real oinker Lol

Pauly, I think I’m about ready for another haircut if you want to make a house call
                          I imagine a lot of folks are stretching their dollars in these current conditions.

Mick, glad today is better for you!
                          I grated Up over 2 lbs of zucchini & made fritters for dinner, yum! The veggies are coming in fast & furious but 2 people can only eat so much. I share as much as possible.

PQ, nothing like other people taking over your day, geez. You’ve heard of the ‘Resting bitch face’? Plant that on the next time someone approaches & see if they don’t change their minds about bothering. You, haha!

Det, you have pics to please just about everyone. I love looking at the animal portraits & others will certainly be digging the psychedelic mind blowing photos
                          Gyms are just starting to reopen around here but I won’t be going, LOL

Hello to Pie, Sam & Cyn!

Take care everyone & have a good night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, I'm sure you all probably forgot that I had posted awhile back that the owner raised the price from $8 to $13! Of course it's slow! Nothing I can do about it, he just picked a dumb time with all the uncertainty going on,plus people are still scared of catching covid, Mick, it's good to be alone in your thoughts sometimes, especially when someone passes to just remember them and times together, Det, yes it's been warm and I think a tad humid nothing like Lavs but fir us even 10% makes a difference, shop is on Maryland and Flamingo, you know how shitty that area is, low income and lots of sketchy peeps, my owner was outta his mind to try and polish that turd shop, anyhoo hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday

Comment

hello all how are we today then? good Ihope...pouring with rain outside today so most of the work in the garden has been kyboshed,so its domestic chores today make cleaning polishing and tidying up noises...to be fair though this rain is doing the garden the world of good...

hiya Pauly ,how are you doing?I so wish things were better in the job front for you ..not only are you getting a bum deal from the covid ,but your boss doesnt seem to be helping you out!!first chance you get of a better job mate you jump ship!!!

hiyaLav ..well did you get the storm ..or just send it over this way?2lb of zucchini? wow ..kind of like turkey at chrimbo ..dinner tea soup sandwiches ..the full hit .enjoy your zucc.salad!!!

hiya Det ...you ok mate thanks for your thotz...glad the pics are doing ok you had many sales yet?I hope so .hope all is well on the domestic front .

hiya ppqp...how are you doing today then? hows the gardens doing?are you growing veggies too?bridge day today?

a big hiya to everyone else ...

Karl Marx is a historically famous philosopher but no one ever mentions his sister, Onya, the inventor of the starting pistol...

Interesting Appraisal Review Letter by Hr

Dear Manager (HR),

Vimal, my assistant programmer, can always be found

hard at work in his cubicle. Vimal works independently, without

wasting company time talking to colleagues. Vimal never

thinks twice about assisting fellow employees, and he always

finishes given assignments on time. Often Vimal takes extended

measures to complete his work, sometimes skipping coffee

breaks. Vimal is a dedicated individual who has absolutely no

vanity in spite of his high accomplishments and profound

knowledge in his field. I firmly believe that Vimal can be

classed as a high-calibre employee, the type which cannot be

dispensed with. Consequently, I duly recommend that Vimal be

promoted to executive management, and a proposal will be

sent away as soon as possible.

Signed – Project Leader

NB:

That stupid idiot was reading over my shoulder when I wrote the report sent to you earlier today. Kindly read only the odd lines (1, 3, 5, 7, 9,11, 13) for my true assessment of him.

The Good Fairy Godmother and the Yellow Toad

So, there's this yellow toad wandering around in the forest, kind of pissed off because he doesn't want to be yellow. Life would be easier if he was brown or green like the other toads. He'd sure be less visible to predators for one thing.

Any way ... this yellow toad bumps into a Fairy Godmother, like you do, and he begs her; "Fairy Godmother please make me green like the other toads. I am tired of being so visible to predators and such."

The Fairy Godmother whips out her magic wand and says "Abracapokus! You're green."

The toad looks down and sees that he is green except for his package, which is still yellow.

He says to the Fairy Godmother "Wait a minute; my meat & two veg are still yellow."

To this the Fairy Godmother said, "I don't do willies, go and see the Wizard Of Oz for that.

The toad thanks her and hops off on his way.

There also happens to be a purple bear wandering around in the very same forest, must be one of them enchanted forests and he encounters the very same Fairy Godmother.

He implores her; "Fairy Godmother, please make me brown like the other bears. None of the lady bears want to be seen with me on account of the hunters can spot me from a mile off."

She being a nice Fairy Godmother, takes out her magic wand and says, "You're brown."

The bear looks down and sees that he is, in fact, brown with the exception of the old twig and berries, they remain purple.

He says, "What about my wedding tackle, they're still purple!

She says, "I don't do genitals, you will have to see the Wizard of Oz for that."

To this the bear replies, "Well that's just dandy but how do I find the Wizard of Oz?"

The Fairy Godmother answers; "That's easy, just follow the yellow prick toad."

While dressing a cut on the hand of a 75-year-old rancher, whose hand had been caught in the gate while working his cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Trump, and his being our president.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Trump is just a Post Turtle".

Now not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked, "What's a 'Post Turtle'"?

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle".

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he sure as heck ain't goin' anywhere and you just wonder what kind of simple minded idiot put him up there in the first place".
                              Last edited by Mick; July 22, 2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X