• Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Army August 2020

Pinch, punch, white rabbits etc.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: International Army August 2020

Morning JC and thanks for starting off August. I might have been up early but not as with it as you, posted on the July thread.

Comment

Good morning!

Comment

As did I!! Morning all..how's things Whizzers?
        On Achill Island now having coffee and scones...2 hours after 5 course breakfast...jeez!! Laters!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all,
          What a pretty, pretty photo JC.

A lovely day of gardening (mowing weeding) done here. My favourite part, the planting, tomorrow. I''ve got all sorts of goodies from multiple trips to Bunnings ready to go in along with loads of seeds. I tell you what, I could get used to three days off per week. Coffee and scones. Yum. I might do those for the family coming over tomorrow. Or lemon drizzle cake. Lord.

Morning Rusters and Brit!
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Another warm one which was rather pleasant.
            Didn't notice 'til it was posted how sweet a picture it was.
            They'll be rolling you home, Molls.
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........both.............didn't you know in a pandemic calories don't count :happy2:
            Waves up there to Rusty and Brit.

I'm zorsted. Three trips out (I'm including the big shop today as an outing) in four days and I'm shattered.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all
              Had a peculiar experience today.
              I bought these Beef Cheeks in the butcher. Cooked for 8 hours in red wine, herbs & root veg.
              Then strain the liquid and simmer till thick. Posh name 'Jus'. Absolutely to die for.

That's not the peculiar experience : this is
              It felt surreal today going around looking for cheapest bottle of red. Brought back memories. I thought to ask the guy for the cheapest wine for cooking. Then thought better of it as he might think I'm an alcoholic :haha: FFS !
              Then at home, I poured some into a mug - that's when a kind of - not a longing - but a "what would it feel like" feeling hit. :egad:
              I screwed on the cap & put the bottle away ... but now scared this might lead to something. Like when you deprive yourself and say no to cheesecake and then secretly go off & eat the whole thing when no-one's around.

Was I too cocky going around all the bottles in the supermarket. Remembering that old world wine is better than new world wines ( sorry fickle & Bridge). Remembering Malbec, Tempranillo, Merlot , Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz - thinking I was bulletproof ? Did I tempt fate?
              ( all very fancy but in truth I barely knew anything about the grapes used I would look for the strongest % I could find )

Answers on a postcard ....
              Last edited by satz123; August 1, 2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Change your recipe...SO not worth it.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Change your recipe...SO not worth it.
                  Jeez Bridge - I said a postcard not a postage stamp :haha:

Nighty nighty all !

Comment

Think we probably all occasionally get the 'what would it be like? ' I probably do..or do I? I don't actually know...I know I NEVER think I could drink a couple..I KNOW that..well may be I could THAT night or week but very soon so not on those grounds..I have thought how easy it COULD be to go from cup to lip..and that's a weird thought..bottom line I think Bridge has it in a nutshell there is some teenchy little weakness in there in your head..examine it carefully and tighten up them defences!!!! Can never be too careful!

Had a funny one this eve...little French drink waiter sort of person ...sommelier??..going around all the tables offering a free drink..disappeared when Joe said we didn't drink..he spent about 10 mins at every table discussing poxy bouquets etc...then (my pet hate) trying to get the bill....half a poxy hour waiting to get it...drives me bananas...stormed out and left Joe to deal with it..

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Evening all
                      Had a peculiar experience today.
                      I bought these Beef Cheeks in the butcher. Cooked for 8 hours in red wine, herbs & root veg.
                      Then strain the liquid and simmer till thick. Posh name 'Jus'. Absolutely to die for.

That's not the peculiar experience : this is
                      It felt surreal today going around looking for cheapest bottle of red. Brought back memories. I thought to ask the guy for the cheapest wine for cooking. Then thought better of it as he might think I'm an alcoholic :haha: FFS !
                      Then at home, I poured some into a mug - that's when a kind of - not a longing - but a "what would it feel like" feeling hit. :egad:
                      I screwed on the cap & put the bottle away ... but now scared this might lead to something. Like when you deprive yourself and say no to cheesecake and then secretly go off & eat the whole thing when no-one's around.
                      Was it an entire bottle? Ive done gravy a few times if we had visitors, thrown in a glass of red wine, boiling the bejaysus out of it - then spent the next 24 hours thinking its triggered something. It is of course over thinking. BUT it does taste great, so better to just avoid it, as wise Bridge says.
                      Mr M drinks at home, theres often a wine bottle in the fridge. I do occasionally sniff it, then go 'eww gross' to myself, even if its a delicious smell, before my brain catches up. Smelling a glass in the morning is lovely though, its genuinely disguising and I am not hung over, a feelgood smell.

Molly, Im stuffed reading about your food!
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        As did I!! Morning all..how's things Whizzers?
                        On Achill Island now having coffee and scones...2 hours after 5 course breakfast...jeez!! Laters!
                        Hiya Molly. Wow, what a beaut part of the world it is there in the west. I have a friend who lives on the island. She's a surfer, and the pics i see of that joint are unrool. Wrote a guitar piece about it. Safe travels.

Waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Loads of surfers out today G! Never mastered it..I tried and tried ..think I'm too long.message takes too long to get from brain to feet

They've a funny hand sanitizer down here..and it smells exactly like poitin Joe used to make years ago...now THAT truly was gross so NO trigger there!!!
                          Night girls and boys !!!

Comment

Had a funny one this eve...little French drink waiter sort of person ...sommelier??..going around all the tables offering a free drink..disappeared when Joe said we didn't drink..he spent about 10 mins at every table discussing poxy bouquets etc...then (my pet hate) trying to get the bill....half a poxy hour waiting to get it...drives me bananas...stormed out and left Joe to deal with it..
                            [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] those fecking eejits in restaurants - it's such bollox.
                            I'd love to know if the alcohol was taken out would they still have a job talking about grapes.

Happy Holidays !!!! - thanks for sharing your escapades with us :hug:
                            Last edited by satz123; August 2, 2020, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              They've a funny hand sanitizer down here..and it smells exactly like poitin Joe used to make years ago...now THAT truly was gross so NO trigger there!!!
                              Night girls and boys !!!
                              :haha: probably is Molls to br truly efficient it has to be 70% alcohol. Lots of Irish people have diversified into face mask & sanitiser making.
                              Fair fecks to them :welldone:

Comment

Working...
                              X