23 rd aug .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23 rd aug .

hi peep how are we doing?all good I hope...It has been raining all day so hard ,,they are supposed to be coming to do the drive tomorrow..we will see ...Yep Lav looking after the back..Isaw 3 foxes in the field this morning..mummy and young..nice to see..outside my garden...and the latest ..

Coronavirus: New PS1, fines for organisers of illegal raves from Friday - BBC News

complete assholes..they have no respect for anyone...

hiya sk if you are here..hope all is well with you

a big shout to everyone ...

Q What happened to the guy who assaulted the laughing psychic?
    A He was arrested for striking a happy medium.

I've been charged with murder for killing a man with sandpaper.
    I only intended to rough him up a bit.

Murphy said to Paddy, "what the f@#k are you doing talking into envelope",
    Paddy said "I'm sending a voice mail you thick b@$t@rd"!

I don't know why I even bother having a smartphone anymore.
    It spends so much time on charge, you might as well call it a land-line.

Q: What go's peck peck Bang, peck peck Bang...?
    A: A flock of chickens in a mine field!

Last night i tried sharing a bag of chips with a homeless man who was sat on the curb...
    he said sod off and get your own bl@@dy chips.

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired
    for her sweetness and kindness to all.

One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea. As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist.

"Miss Beatrice," he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet
    and that it would prevent the spread of disease.

Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 23 rd aug .

Mae everybody, Mick funny jokes thank you ugly, smokey, hot, humid days here ugh, did a delivery yesterday then brought my butt home! Just too soupy to be out in it, the thing with Vegas is we're not used to humidity so even a bit feels cloying, Lou starts his online school tomorrow I'm wondering how that's gonna go with Romeo wanting to be in the same room, Kell made him a little"school" room in her spare but I know Rome likes to be in on the action! Those people partying are dumb, I get it they're young and wanna have fun but now that we see younger people passing it's not a great idea to take more of a chance but they aren't gonna listen to anybody, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Hot & humid here as well. We had a ton of thunder this afternoon & it tried to rain but it fizzled out.
      Made a big raspberry crumble after picking a quart of raspberries in the yard, yum

Mick, the youth just don’t seem to give a sh*t about anything or anyone. Every day I hear about colleges opening up, students moving into the dorms & immediately having huge parties. I think they should just forget the fall semester & try again in January ~ maybe!

Pauly, my daughter has made a ‘classroom’ for my granddaughter too in theit home. There’s no other kids so it should work out. I’m afraid Romeo is going to have to change his tune a bit, haha!!
      I’m still not sure how my DIL is going to handle the situation but with her I’m afraid to ask.

Hello to PQ, Pie, Det, Sam & Cyn & SK if you’re looking in

Wishing everyone a decent night!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, wow just us? Peeps musta been busy yesterday, Lav, I can't even imagine having to try to homeschool, I was just thinking about if this kinda thing happened when mine were growing up I'd be lost cuz I'm not very booksmart, I lose patience trying to explain stuff to kids/people gah! Weather still ugly but I'm not gonna complain cuz it's outta my control anyways, I would like some rain is all Mick what's the plan for today? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then? Hope all is well the greatest plans of mice and men failed got a phone call late last night to say the contractor couldn't make it today to do the drive because of the weather the job he was currently on had been held up by two days so hopefully he intends to start next Monday day that's if I haven't done the job first the jobdone first haha me and waiting on exactly the best of friends lovely d over here today day a real scorcher both rabbits are in the garage at the moment Bonnie needs some medicine she has obviously pigged out on all the food this morning just checked her stomach it is tight as a drum so I will need to massage that and give us some meds they are worse than kids will Nippon later on and put some jokes up in the meantime stay safe and take care
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Un-hung Monday ABeroooos!

oh boy, first day of online 'school' and too soon to tell how this will go.

Pauly, no kidding the weather here is extra nasty. smoky/mumid/deathly hot. I spent the weekend being a wimp and being in the AC.
            we did manage a trip to the fabric store and a nearby Mexican join for early chow. Saw a couple of old Kurt Russel movies which is odd for us..
            we don't normally watch much but laying-low seemed the right answer.

Mick, 3 foxes? that's pretty cool. I have seen one here, or rather up at Mt Charleston some years ago.

only 3 shoots on the calendar all week. ack! working on some advertising angles here....

oh dear... just got a text from Darlene that the county school system is overloaded from all the online bandwidth being insufficient so it's
            crashing. arg!

been feeling super low-battery lately like somethings wrong with me but can't quite dial it in. Just going slow in the meantime.

perhaps another shower will perk me up.

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA the last couple of days....boss fried the server on Friday so I've been a bit busy all weekend.

Det...it was all I could do to drag myself into the office as I too am feeling super low-battery. It's got to be this heat,

Mick...you should be ok for next Monday because it's supposed to rain all day here on Sunday. LOL Hope you get Bonnie's tummy sorted out.

Pauly...I wouldn't want to be homeschooling either.

Lav...the raspberry crumble sounds delicious. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon.

Ran into a snag with the new software program so have been working on that all day. Finally got it sorted so figured it was a good time to head out. Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all!

We did end up getting an inch of rain last evening & it fell in a matter of minutes, wow!!
                The heat & humidity returned as usual today, what else is new??

Pauly, I have thought about if we had to home school our kids - would we have survived? It would have been very different than what they are attempting now. I imagine the schools would have emailed assignments & expected the kids to just do them. When my kids were little regular email was still a pipe dream let alone having Zoom meetings & classes, Lol
                I do believe once a kid learns to read they really need less one on one instruction provided they are motivated.

Mick, no new driveway in the rain, that’s for sure. Our driveway is just turning 3 this week & still looks good.
                I hope Bonnie is feeling better by now. Pigging out by any species is not good. We have a trail camera set up behind the chicken house where it’s full of brush & have seen night time activity of a cat & now a fox, uh oh!!

Det, I think all of the schools are going to have to navigate thru technical problems when they start up. Grateful I don’t have to be involved.
                Do you think maybe the excessive heat is getting to you? I sure know it beats me up. Can’t wait until Fall!! Stay well hydrated & healthy.

PQ, how did the boss manage to fry the server? What a tool, haha!!
                I am likely to freeze whatever raspberries we pick over the next week or so then I can do anything with them later on. Good crop this year!

Hello to Pie, Sam & Cyn & SK too.

Have a nice night everyone!
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; August 24, 2020, 05:54 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all ...apologies for not getting back on ..what a performance ...I thought that it was endex for Bonnie last night ,I managed to massage a lot of the wind out of her stomach after about 2 hrs ,She still was very listless and rapid shallow breathing ..gave her some meds,that didnt pick her up .She was also very thirsty .by this time the vet was shut ..tried several others ,but ,and she has been owere closed too.The emergency vet wasnt answering their phone..so about 9pm ..gave her a second lot of meds ,and put her in the hutch .9.30 she started eating a few dandelions , so I fed her a little hourly up till midnight ...6.30 am she is as bright as a button ..took kale grass dandelion and hay and she has been to the toilet.Im weary!!pouring with rain here.....
                  hiya Det stick with it all mate even feeling out of sorts is better than feeling like a bag of spanners after drinking ...and even then you havent boxed the issue off.

hiya ppqp ..techie is great when it works ,,when it doesnt its that complicated now ..you dont know where to start..you need to get a mask with a smiley face on it .keep your chin up .

hiya Lav......hows you then?I thought about getting one of those trail cameras for the back fence into the fields but the horses would probably eat it .Over he tears in the fields I have seen...Red deer Muntjac deer ,foxes,ducks geese by the million,Herons ,Pheasant ,Kestrels Merlins ,bats owls . Never ever seen wild rabbits over here...and the only time hedgehogs was on millenium night ..Julie took a pic of a mum and little uns on the front lawn ..I missed it ..I was on duty in the nick on millenium night .

going back to the masks ..they seem to be a fashion accessory now too..theres a pretty lucrative market for you here

Stylish face masks: Where to buy a fashionable protective face covering for coronavirus | HELLO! plus all your own ideas ...the monday mask with the downward smile embroidered in the weekend ..smile up ..the tartan mask ...half of america has some mad jock connection !find your tartan heres a mask and guess what heres a name finder too

Family Finder | CLAN by Scotweb

so when your a multi millionaire ..dont forget to say hello to me now n again!!

have a good day

hiya pauly ..you ok?todays plan ...do abit in the garden and may go for a walk even tho its raining bit of fresh air will be good .they are telling us the covid pos rate is down here by 40% 40 per cent of what? its drivel.stay safe ...buy a Lav mask ..

big shout to everyone else ..

Teachers in England have announced their Plan B
                  Have 5 months furlough
                  Have 6 week summer holiday
                  Have 14 days isolation
                  Have 6 months full pay sick leave (stress)
                  Come back for teacher training day.

I was walking back from the shop with some eggs, flour and milk, when some guy started a fight with me! So I battered him

"I want to sleep with your wife, for £1m."

"I don't have £1m."

A strip of litmus paper walks into a bar
                  The landlord looks at it, does a double take.....
                  .....and then asks “Why so blue ?”

Donald Trump's got me speaking at his Republican convention tonight..

My slot is ...'How I created a small sustainable business during his tenure'

I'm just going to tell the truth to everyone..

"Start a fck-off massive one and wait 6 months'

Say no to drugs, say yes to drugs....it doesn’t matter.

If you’re talking to drugs you’re already on them

A little three year old boy is sitting on the toilet. His mother thinks he has been in there too long, so she goes in to see what's up. The little boy is sitting on the toilet reading a book. But about every 10 seconds or so he puts the book down, grips onto to the toilet seat with his left hand and hits himself on top of the head with his right hand.
                  His mother says: "Billy, are you all right? You've been in here for a while"
                  Billy says: "I'm fine, mommy…i just haven't gone 'doody' yet."
                  Mother says: "ok, you can stay here a few more minutes. But, Billy, why are you hitting yourself on the head?"
                  Billy says: "works for ketchup."

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad Bonnie is ok! I'd gladly buy a Lav mask if she has an extra for sale, do you Lav? Nope my kids grew up in the 90's with dial up AOL and one computer to fight over so no it would have been awful!I've been picking up all kinds of masks cuz I think it's gonna be a looooong time that we hafta wear them, fine for me cuz I don't hafta do my makeup as much as I mentioned before, just my eyes haha Det! It's the smoke, trust me about 4 years ago California was on fire and our air was so bad they wanted people to avoid going outside unless absolutely necessary, me and my coworker got so sick from it, just fatigue, feelin dizzy and just out of it, also think of how yuck it's been and throw a mask into the mix we're probably oxygen starved, yup Lou's class crashed too so they just did a Google meet, PQ, sorry you've been wiped out too and overworked hubs took my suggestion and hired Michelle and her buddies who do stages to clean the rental house, they did more in 4 hours than the drunks he hired first did in 4 days! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday, shout out to Sam and Pie hope all is well with you two!
                    Last edited by paulywogg; August 25, 2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Top of a Tuesday morning to everyone,

This year’s challenges continue. Now with a hurricane in the Gulf. Could be in for a wild few days.
                      Glad your Bonnie is better, Mick.

Take care all.

Comment

Greetings from your friendly mask maker, haha!!

Pauly, I also think we’ll be needing these masks for quite some time to come. I’ll get you some, whatever you want.
                        I have been careful to stick with 100% tightly woven cottons for the best filtration. I see a lot of them online made with stretchy jersey fabrics & polyester - not good.
                        I have collected some cute designs to embroider on plain color fabrics

Mick, sorry you had such a bad evening with Bonnie. You’ve become quite adept handling rabbit emergencies!
                        We just had some rain & the sun came right out but I hear thunder continuing on in the distance So it’s not over.
                        We have tons of wild rabbits here but they do get picked off by flying predators, hawks & owls.

Not much else happening here.
                        Hello to PQ, Pie, Sam, Det & Cyn!

Have a good night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I don't know what the boss did to the server, he never has been able to answer a direct question. There are 2 routers, 1 modem and an external power supply attached to the server. I'm not sure which one he fried but they all went down. Our rain isn't supposed to show up until Sunday....hope I can last that long. Just had a call form the doctor's office, she wants a phone consult on Sep 1st about my blood results. Hopefully I'll find out about the MRI at that time. I PM'd Kathy's Embroidered Gifts with my order. LOL

Mick...I was thinking of a mask with "something" else on it. LOL So glad to hear Bonnie is feeling better, what a night you had. What a storm you had today, then I got a video from my niece out east with the storm they're having....SEND THE RAIN WEST PEOPLE!

Pauly...I can still hear that dial up tone in my sleep! You made me laugh not having to makeup, I just put on a bit of mascara. LOL I remember the fires in California 4 years ago, we got it from the south and the west. Glad hubs took your advice and hired Michelle. Do you think she'd come do my house?

Pi...yes, 2020 will be one for the books. Heard they're evacuating parts of Texas and thought of you. You keep in touch so I don't worry about you.

I have a quick and easy BBQ pork chops recipe that I'm making for supper so must get at it. Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Forecast is improving for my area with only minimal impacts expected overnight. Bad news for folks in Louisiana though. The news last night showed people boarding evacuation buses to head inland. I really can’t imagine a scenario that would make it seem like a good idea to get on on crowded bus with strangers during this pandemic. Seems like a frying pan into the fire plan.

Happy Hump Day, All.

Comment

Hello lovely people! I have just read a few posts to try to get back in the groove, but it feels like old times just to see your posts. Thank you.

I will be in and out, but hope to be here more... always have been thinking of you and wishing you all well, but between a lot to accomplish and sketchy internet, I haven't had the energy to drop by.

So here's to more posts!

Great job with Bonnie, Mick. Pauly and Det, we have been having the same terrible air quality up here... good luck! And for the home schooling, too. Pie, wishing yousafe in the storm - PPQ, hope the system has no more meltdowns!

Wishing all well --

Comment

Working...
                              X