15 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 Nov

hiya all how are we today then? hope all is well .it is madweather here this morning wind and rain and now the sun is out !teeth ok .I didnt realise that when I hurt my shoulder I was digging in the garden ..part of the pins and tingling sensation is I got bitten by some weird bug not only on my outer and inner arm but on the palm of my hand and fingers ..so it is a culmination of it all .oh well ..

brew time

hiya pauly ,teegee sam ,pie det and everyone else ..hope you are all ok ..some of you I see on fb ...others not

hiya Lav ..hope all is well with you when I was in Sri Lanka a german tourist did that ..she stepped back taking a pic and wallop fell about 3000ft .yep we dont heal quick ..but I dont sit still ..something I should learn .taking the van out tomorrow ...you take care .

hiya ppqp ...did you enjoy your walk? any pix ?take care .

87093741_2795377740583496_994081510782926848_n.jpg

They say chameleon’s blend in well, but this smoothie tastes fckin’ terrible.

I've bought milk from the same cow lots of times.
    It doesn't matter how many times I go in that shop shes still working there.

"So, can you tell me when I'm going to die?" I asked the fortune teller.

"Yes," she replied, glancing nervously at her crystal ball. "Cash in advance, please."

Barack Obama's Presidential handover letter to Donald Trump in 2017:

'Dear Mr. President -
    Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.
    This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.
    First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.
    Second, we are just temporary occupants of this office. Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
    Good luck and Godspeed,
    Barack Obama'

Donald Trump's Presidential handover letter to Joe Biden, 2021:

'Dear Mr. "President",
    I've shat behind one of the radiators in the Oval Office. Let's see how long it takes you to find it, asshole.'

Dominic Cummings has now resigned but will continue working for the party from home until December. So Dominic, if you can work from home, why weren't you fcking working from home ??

Why did Dominic Cummings cross the road?

Because he's a chicken.

Today's Independent:

'Intelligence exists that ‘would cast Trump in very negative light’, warns ex-FBI chief'

Frankly, any form of intelligence as we know it tends to cast Donald Trump in a very negative light.

I brought a home pregnancy kit......

Turns out my house is pregnant.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 15 Nov

morning all,
    Mick, saw this and thought of you.

looks like a gloomy kinda day out, bit of rain in the forecast. off to deliver some plats. Be well folks
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...wow, on top of everything else, bug bites. I hope you are taking it easy today. No pics on my walk. I don't carry my phone or anything else, just me and nature.

Sam...sounds like you and Mick are having the same weather. Mine on the other hand is bright and sunny. Going to head out shortly and take advantage of the calm before the chinook winds head in this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a Super Sober Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Storms are happening here as well. Already hearing reports of downed wires & car accidents up in town, oh boy.
        Next week is supposed to to be Arctic chilly, hahha!

Mick, I’m thinking you must have had some sort of dark cloud over you this past week. So many boo boos, geez! Hope the healing happens sooner for you.
        Just read Sam’s article so now we know you’re a mudlark, LOL.

Sam, no major storm warnings down your way? We have a warning up until 11:30 tonight. Hope your day went well

PQ, glad you got to enjoy the sunshine. Hope you are feeling better too!

Hello to Pauley. Det, Cyn & PIe.

Not doing anything useful this evening for a change. Time for some stupid TV I guess.
        Have a good night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello and how are we today then ? hope everyone is good,we were going to take the van out this morning to set the satellite dish u etc but it hasn't stopped raining so that idea was binned. The news here at the moment is all about the possible vaccine which may be ready for distribution starting the 1st of December and then a massive innoculation program. fingers crossed it works.
          My arm is still sore and those bites are definitely not helping.... what they are havent a clue but they certainly did a number on me put pictures up in case there are any bug experts on here haha

Inked20201116_160059_LI.jpg

20201116_155927.jpg

Hi Sam how are you today mate? I looked at your article on the mudlarks..... you can't just walk on to the foreshore and start picking things up because technically the foreshore on the River Thames belongs to the crown ,you need a special mudlarking licence you aren't allowed to dig without such a licence,,, and you aren't allowed to scrape away the top of the surface but there are certainly tons of Treasure been found.

Hiya ppqp what are you doing with sunshine? It should be snow with you. Yes the bites are annoying it's when I was picking plants out the garden etc how are things with you? Hope all is well

Hiya lav how are you then today? Hope all is well yes this week hasn't been the best for me but never mind it certainly could have been a lot worse did you find that interesting on the mudlarks? There is so much history I remember the chief mudlark on the Thames I knew him well he invited me down years ago to try it but I never took it up I wish I had
          A big shout out to everyone else out there take care of yourselves stay safe

Bumped into an old Aussie mate the other day and he looked upset.
          "You alright mate?"
          "No cobber" he sobbed.."my best mate Mekang died, he was a Goose Farmer from Thailand."
          "Is he the one that produced the feathers for quilts?" I asked.
          "Yes" he replied.."Thai Mekang grew down Sport."

Boris Johnson has today entered self isolation after coming into contact with a Tory MP who displayed symptoms of empathy, wit, decorum and common sense.

It is expected that the PM’s natural immunity to such symptoms will see him safely through the quarantine period, just in time to miss the end of the Brexit negotiations.

Just had a train run over my feet.
          probably my own fault for wearing platforms.

I’ve given up on dealing coke.
          Tired of people sticking their noses in my business.

Dominic Cummings was photographed leaving No.10 holding a large cardboard box.

Fck me, the economy must be worse than I thought.

When Boris finally gets to the Brexit meeting will he say
          SORRY I-SO-LATE

"30 Years After Gunning Down Their Parents, The Menendez Brothers Say They ‘Don’t Deserve’ To Be In Prison"

Quite right. Unfortunately, it's too late to execute them now.
          Last edited by Mick; November 16, 2020, 11:32 AM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Sunny & dry here today, not too cold. Will be getting colder as the week progresses.
            Found a new recipe for vegan cheezy broccoli soup & boy was it good . Even YB liked it & he doesn’t usually like broccoli soup so I guess I found a winner.

Mick, those skin marks look a bit like spider bites to me. I say that because I remember a patient from years ago who had spider bites on her legs & was in the hospital for IV antibiotics & would care. She was bitten by some exotic spider that crawled out of a bale of hay on a Halloween hayride. The hay apparently had been imported from South America. You’re definitely having a reaction to something. Have you tried some warm compresses? Maybe use a thin layer of antibiotic ointment after the soak. I sure hope you keep yourself safe from any more hazards this week.

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Det, Sam & anyone else dropping by later.

Have a peaceful evening everyone.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry you're still suffering and I have no idea what they are. I like Lav's suggestion of an antibiotic cream. Have you had a Dr. look at them yet? You be careful. When I got my infection on my leg I had to go in for IV antibiotics. Pics are a good idea and it wouldn't hurt to draw a circle around the area so see if it increases.

Lav...cheezy broccoli soup sounds delicious. Did you make it in the Insta pot? I've got to get out and stock up, we're starting to see shortages again here.

Shout out to the rest of the gang.

It seemed like a long day today, glad to be home and in my jammies. Hope you all have a restful night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hi all how are we today then? hope all is well.very windy today..still got the bites ,but no more.

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing ok hopefully ..yes using the cream and taking piriton .hows work doing?you take care

hey Lav how are you then?hope you are ok.yep something has done a number on me ...cheesy broccoli sounds good to me you doing your santa masks yet?

hello everyone else ..hope you are all ok ,

9th November: Pfizer & BioNTech announce a vaccine that is 90% effective but has to be stored at in an industrial freezer.

16th November: Moderna announces a vaccine that is 95% effective that can be stored in a fridge.

23th November: Trump and Domestos announce a vaccine that is 99% effective and can be kept under the sink.
                Last edited by Mick; November 17, 2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Mae all,

So good to read that most of us have escaped extreme weather! It was "blowin' a hoolie" (is that right?) here the other night... I'll try to share the video I took of the aftermath... things tossed around quite a lot... glad it all missed my car!

Mick, be careful man! The "shadow" portion of Mercury retrograde ends on the 19th, so things should improve!

Lav, always cooking, and delicious stuff. I am doing OK here in the motel room with the IP... I did order sides from a farm store near me... I tried their butternut squash/apple/ginger soup, and I t was delish, so I guess I'll let them do the stuffing, green beans, mashed yams, etc. for thanksgiving.

PPQ, so happy to hear you have sun... watch our for that chinook. I am looking out the window at rain/snow coming down... the snow is pretty, since it's early in the season!

Hello to Det and Sam, take care, and hi to anyone else.

Glad to be back "home" here a little more often... will try to get back to daily...

Getting dark so early now... but I always remind myself... "to The Light! Pretty soon it will be just 1 more month, and the light will be returning...

Please be safe -mask up - it protects you as well as others!

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had sun, then rain, then sun, then wind & now darkness. Covered all the bases today, haha!!
                    We made a run to Costco hoping to fill up on necessities but found absolutely no paper products. The hoarders beat us there I guess. Things are locking down again here & in Delaware & Maryland. Not much we can do but be cooperative & hope for the best!

PQ, I made that soup on my stovetop because I found the IP pulverizes fresh broccoli & I actually like to have something to chew in that soup. Didn’t take long at all. Had some for lunch today, yum.
                    This getting dark early thing really shortens my day, haha!

Mick, I hope you’re feeling a bit better tonight.
                    I took a break from mask making but will get back to it at some point. Trying to figure out what to give my son & grandson for their upcoming birthdays on the 25th & 28th. Most likely it will end up being gift cards so they can get what they really want

Cyn, that soup sounds delicious
                    I’m always cooking so I can actually eat without getting sick, Lol. You know what I’m talking about.
                    You can do almost anything with an IP, even bake a cake

Hello to the missing folks - Pauly, Det, Sam, Pie & anyone else looking in.
                    Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...good to hear you're doing all the right things. Work has been good lately. Since we're not running any programs I don't have to interact with the program coordinator. LOL Actually she's been a lot more communicative with what she's been doing so it's easy to reciprocate. Makes being in the office a lot nicer. Boss has been busy figuring out Zoom for the upcoming AGM webinar on Thursday. We are doing a test run with the Board of Directors tonight.

TG....I'd like to see the video and glad your car escaped any damage. We were supposed to go up to 48F with sun today but woke up fog blanketing the city. It didn't clear out till around 3pm and temps stayed around 26F. Oh well, it is what it is. I didn't realize you were in a motel room. Is this a temporary situation? Having the farm store do thanksgiving sounds like an excellent plan.

Lav...I didn't see snow in that descriptions so not quite all the bases got covered. Paper products are hard to find here as well. Really! Don't the hoarders from last time have anything left? I find if I sneak out of work 10 minutes early I can make it home before dark. That won't last long. LOL

Just so you know Det, Pi, Sam, Pauly we've sanitized your chairs so it's safe to come back. Haha

Off to figure out how to turn my webcam off again before the meeting. It all of a sudden came on when I launched Zoom. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mornin all ...how are we today then? good ..? raining here but not blowin a hoolie (TG...) it is really dark though .Still adorned with bites ...I dont know what they are but they still give a tingling sensation. Its very similar to the stinging sensation of nettles lets have a brew shall we?

hiya teegee how are you doing ?sounds like you are having a bit of a party with that food ...any invites going?Yes it hasnt been a great time for me ..but in comparison to others ,I have nothing to moan about!!you take care ...

hiya Lav ,wow so you have your share of hoarders too..we havent got so much of a problem at the moment ...mebbe send you a plane load over .!I think the big thing with me is to the curiousity as to what munched me !!you sure you havent got share in this ip job??????haha ..take care and look after yourself ..

hiya ppqp ...how are you then? all good ..?Itake it all your snow has gone now ..oh and you fixed your webcam?

hello everyone else ..
                        The BBC has announced a lockdown inspired Christmas return of The Vicar of Dibley. Which is quite apt.

Because neither lockdowns or The Vicar of Dibley are remotely funny.

I could have warned everyone about Donald Trump after a game of poker we had.

He accused me of cheating with my straight flush, but after having a vote round the table with his Republican mates, I still lost to his 5 aces.

My wife is upset that I'm going clubbing with the boys tonight.

She says our sons are only 5.

Is it classed as one of your five a day if you have an apple watch?

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said,
                        "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
                        The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger,
                        "What would you want to talk about?"
                        "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
                        "Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same
                        stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
                        The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says,
                        "Hmmm, I have no idea."
                        To which the little girl replies,
                        "Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know shit?"
                        And then she went back to reading her book.

I’m so glad I was taught how to play the recorder at school.
                        It has come in really handy in adult life.
                        I lost count of the times I’ve resolved a difficult situation with a quick blast of three blind mice.

How did we ever survive the 70's with no pandemic only having a bath on a Sunday night .

Trump wanted to attack Iran after he lost the election.

Iran have responded by apologising and asking for all their votes back.

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is there's no good news.

And the good news is that the bad news is irrelevant.

None of the meetings the last 4 years between Donald Trump and Justin Trudeau ever went well.

Ultimately, Trump had no interest in trading any of his Hot Wheels for Trudeau's Barbie dolls.

Comment

whew! heya ABeroooos!

back from entirely too many days of being pretty badly depressed. getting some special help/attention from my refuge recovery group which is so very nice.
                          Anyway, big work day yesterday and zip for today and tomorrow so I got to the gym, packaged up and mailed my poor demolished drone back to the shop (gust of
                          wind helped me to totally whipe it out.. arg!), put one more piece up on my gallery display, got some holiday cards, then got to the store for salmon, Swiss chard, mushrooms
                          and other goodies for dinner. Brocc soup sounds good and I have some....thanks for the idea

Mick, spider bites... eeeeek! Sadly I'll concur with Lav those look like spider bites I've seen and had before. a nightmare for me and my arachnophobia for sure. Certainly hope it clears quickly... along with the weather.

I've finally started getting sales and leads on my digital marketing ventures.... that's awefully nice.

PPQ, I still get confused with zoom meetings as I don't use them often but it's mostly working out. yeah... gotta watch the darn cameras.

anyone see the documentary 'the social dilemma'? supposed to be very good.

Treegirl, Mercury is going to ease up on us? less depression I hope?

Sam, good to see you pop in

Pauly doing ok? Vegas is nutty... but we gotta hang onto our sanity somehow.

ohhh! gourmet food news: Vegas now has one of the uber trendy new Din Tai Fung restaurants which serve traditional
                          Taiwanese soup dumplings. I took the girls there Sunday night and I've never had dumplings that amazing...truly inspiring.

We were thinking about going to my uncles place for T giving but instead I think we're going to do a road trip up to North Utah and
                          scope it out both for fun, and a possible place to relocate.

that's the news for now... just trying to keep positive.

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

40 degrees is all we got today, Brrrr!! Feels like January! Warming up to 50 tomorrow, haha!

Det, glad to see you & glad to hear business is picking up. What do you suppose is kicking your depression in gear? This definitely is a rough time for most but I firmly believe we will come out of this just fine, in time. I knew when they first used the word ‘pandemic’ this was going to be a long game. Wonderful you have local support to help out.
                            A Thanksgiving roadtrip sounds pretty cool, enjoy.

Mick, do you have access to OTC steroid cream over there? If not call your doc & explain what’s going on (email or text a picture of the bites) & get a Rx for topical steroid. It would help get rid of that stinging sensation. I wouldn’t have the patience to put up with that for long. Like when I get a poison ivy breakout - the itching is so intense you want to remove your skin, haha but the steroid cream helps quickly. Loved the little girl on the airplane joke, LOL

PQ, there was no snow here but a few miles away where YB picked up one of his Amish customers, yep there was snow!
                            I have zero experience with Zoom meetings. I get freaked out when a friend or grandkid does a Facetime call with me, haha!! Keep sneaking out early, they’ll never know

Pauly, what’s up?

Hello to Sam, Cyn & anyone else checking in tonight.
                            Have a good night all.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I hope you get those bites looked at though it may be tough during your lockdown. At least heed what Lav said and phone a doctor. I would hate for you to develop an infection. It's blowin a hoolie here and the snow is on it's way. Only supposed to be a one day event and of course it would happen on the day I have to stay late at work. It's our AGM tomorrow and I'll stay and run the zoom meeting from my work setup, not my home laptop.

Det...good to see you pop in and sorry you've been depressed. Glad you've got your refuge recovery group to help you through. Sorry to hear about your drone, it happens to the best of them. My brother got a new one for his birthday, took it out of the box, out for a test flight and promptly crashed it. He didn't even have it 2 hours. LOL Sounds like an excellent dinner for tonight.

Lav...there's a cold front coming down from the north and it's heading your way, just a head up. LOL My twin did a facetime with me once and once was enough. LOL I have been avoiding Zoom during this whole pandemic so of course that's the route the boss decided to take for the AGM. Oh well, keeps the old grey braincells working. Going in later to work tomorrow but I'll probably be awake at 5am anyways.

Shout out to Pi, Sam and Pauly.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X