23rd may .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23rd may .

afternoon all ...how are we then? spoke too soon about the weather yesterday...it has hammered down today ...fortunately we managed to get out this morning ...did a lovely 10k walk along the coastal road.saw a black cormorant ..took some pics ..so the pic with the black blob is the one ..

tee gee how are you feeling today? hows the back today? Hope it is a bit better..worked it out this site is only an hour and a halfs driving from home ..this may be the go to for long weekends

hiya Lav how's you then? Hope all is well for you ..I love the sea the sound the smell everything ...As for mossies best thing for them and midges we used to find was don't laugh .."Avon Skin so soft" take care and have a nice day

hiya ppqp ...what can I say?such a pity about the garden and those little shits ...ok we were all pains when we were kids ,I cant remember once wrecking someones garden wilfully for nothing ..The problem is ..nothing will happen ..in fact the whole shooting match will get so twisted it will end up the community getting blamed for the behaviour of those poor little innocents....

hiya pauly how are you doing? hope all is well ...likewise det sam n the rest of the gang...Pie how and where are you ?

right folks ..have a good one ..

20210523_122018.jpg

20210523_122024.jpg

20210523_123605.jpg

20210523_123852.jpg

20210523_123923.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 23rd may .

Greetings all,

Wow Mick, great pics! Glad you were able to get out & about.
    Can’t help but notice the off shore wind farm there. Does it cause cancer like Trump kept telling everyone??? HA HA
    I remember when the Avon Skin so Soft was the big thing to ward off bug bites. Now we can just buy anything with DEET in it & get the same protection. Keep having fun

Hot & humid here, typical east coast summer day but it’s still spring. We’re supposed to get a little break tomorrow, we’ll see. So my daughter informed me last night that the granddaughter fell off her scooter & landed on her hand - the same one she broke a few years ago at school. She wrapped it up in an Ace bandage & applied an ice bag over night but it was still painful & swollen this morning. They went to an Urgent Care where she got it x-rayed, no fractures, just a sprain. So she now has a ‘cool splint’. It’s not even summer yet, right? Lol
    Doing as little as possible today, just because it’s too hot to move. I did find my dog standing in a raised bed of broccoli plants where she uncovered a bunch of baby bunnies. She did get a few of them unfortunately & we now have the garden sealed off where can’t get in again. Dogs can be assholes

Hello to everyone & wishing a good night for all.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, nice pics Mick Lav sorry about your granddaughter but I'm glad it's not broke,surprised Louie hasn't broken anything the way he climbs like a monkey on everything high in Kells house,he always makes me nervous! Lbs bfs mom I heading back to Vegas,she was supposed to be staying in FL indefinitely but her elderly dad pissed her off so she left,I guess he's a handful to his caregiver too and is just old and grumpy,she only lasted 6 days there then now she has to drive the few days back here sheesh I'd die,anyhow waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Monday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all,

Sorry to be out of circulation, but I have had this upper back issue since last week from my backwards fall. Anyway, after consultation with our blessed resident Nurse Lav, I will go to Urgent Care to see if there is anything truly wrong, or if I just have to wait it out. I overdid yesterday, so I was in bad shape last night.

Mick, I hope you made it home safe and sound... so glad to hear that the Wales place on the ocean is only 90 miles away... that's not too bad. How are the peskies? Did they fare okay?

PPQ, have they caught the little devils yet? I hope your awol coworker is not holding you up on anything... here finally today after a week of cold and snow we are seeing some sunshine... a very welcome sight...

Lav, thanks for the PM... of course I feel better this morning, but I am sure that by later today I won't, so I'll get checked out. So sorry you had to deal with Matilda finding a bunny nest... yikes. But she's got that Beagle nose... she can find anything... I hope all your plantings are coming along well...

Pauly, looks like the G-pigs are having fun playing along with the kids... cute. Sorry to hear about the bf's mother... hope all turns out well...

Det, you probably are hosting family, right? Hope all is well...

Hello to all stopping by...

Comment

hiya all ...how are we then? its been a good day here today ...went for a walk ...lovely and sunny 15ks bimble.we leave here on thursday morning .

hope the back is a bit better today tee gee ...did you go up to A and E?

oh no ...Lav ..the dog not only saw but got some of the rabbits?hows the rest of them doing ?

20210524_150413.jpg

saw these today ..nope certainly no dramas with the offshore farms ..despite the musings of that great medical practitioner trump.glad g/d is ok .....take carre .

hiya ppqp ..you ok? hope all is well in canadiasville .

hiya pauly ...you doing ok?hope so ..

my other house .......

20210524_141114.jpg

goin down the trax....

20210524_142730.jpg

sometimes life can be a real beach.....

20210524_152320.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well we’ve been getting rain showers off & on since last evening & it has cooled off immensely! Thank goodness, I hate that heat, ugh.
            My dog has stayed away from the rest of the nesting bunnies today, because we’ve blocked all access to the garden area. She would love to get in there & finish what she started yesterday. She doesn’t need the extra calories
            Got word from my DIL this morning that the younger grandson has a fever & respiratory symptoms. How can these kids get anything if they’re masked in school all day & not being exposed to other people at home? I just don’t know but they are all going for testing today. Geez!

Pauly, that’s sad the BFs mom has to do all that driving alone. I don’t like doing that myself but then I am a chicken. I hope she can settle down after all that.

Cyn, I’ve been thinking about you & hope you were seen by Urgent Care today :hug:
            Zander needs you in good shape to cook his meals after all.

Mick, my dog is such a DOG, haha! She did the very same thing back when she was only a couple of months old, they’re hard wired I guess.
            That track follows the coastline, how cool
            Great pics, thanks & keep having a good time!

Hello to Det & PQ.
            Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

wow ...hiya Lav and everyone else ..how are we then? hope allis well with you...lazy day today ...really windy ...but nice and sunny .Yes the line follows the coast all the way around. Hope everyone is ok.......how is your grandson Lav?

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA but I've been beta testing a program and automated text messages. The procedure changes daily so have to redo everything for the next test. I have a zoom meeting with the developer early tomorrow morning so should be able to iron out all the kinks then. Another automated text should go out early Thursday morning and hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll be done. I have been checking out the posts but to be honest just too wiped to respond. Hoping things slow down so I can post regularly again....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings all,

Coolish day, no rain, nice.
                  The plumber was 3 1/2 hrs late but he did get the outside facet installed on my deck so I can water all these plants without having to haul the water out, haha. I’m just getting way too lazy in my old age, no kidding.

Mick, a lazy vacation day is the best
                  My grandson is fine, Covid test was negative so his mother has declared this to be his first official case of man-flu, haha!!

PQ, wow you certainly are earning your paycheck. I hope they reward you with a nice bonus or something after all this. Take care.

Cyn, thinking of you on this first anniversary of your husband’s passing, such a hard day. And I hope your back pain has eased at this point. Wish we could give you a hand :hug:

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Well, today turned out to be black snake day. I found one in a nest box trying to devour 3 eggs & found another playing in my herb garden by my door
                  YB walked them both down to the meadow area & flung them right into the mddle. Hope they stay lost for a while haha. Those things really creep me out since they’re about 5 feet long, yuck.

On that note I’ll just wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Mick, love those pics!!! I had to look really hard at the train pic... wasn't really quite sure if it was real or one of your models! I remember when we did our Cornwall hike we took the trains all the way to the sea, arriving in St. Ives for our first night and setting out... beautiful, and the fresh sea air... nothing like it.

Lav, sheesh those black snakes!!! Really frightening looking. And YB is in no danger when he moves them? Sounds dangerous. Thank you for encouraging me to go to Urgent Care. I had to drive down the Mt. Rose highway to an Urgent Care, but they were associated with. Hospital, and the Care was great... they had imaging right there. The doc added Tylenol to the meds, so I don't go more than 4 hours, and that seems to be helping. The imaging shows a fracture in T9... and other things I didn't like to read... some scoliosis, some degenerative disc stuff... but hey, I'm no spring chick... Seeing a Spine doc and getting an MRI may be in my future... but not until June when I'm on Medicare!!!.

PPQ, your schedule sounds intense... sending you good wishes and good luck, hope it eases up soon...

Sad day today, as the anniversary of my beloved's passing... Ah Life...

Hello to Det, Pauly. Pie and all others... enjoy the super moon tonight and tomorrow...

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn, take it easy with yourself, can't believe it's been a year already love that you keep his spirit alive with the fb posts,he always looked so happy and full of life,Lav,the boys had that upper respiratory stuff last week,Lou made me take a pic of his long booger haha! They're better now tho,yikes on those black snakes! Especially yours,Brady has a black snake(non venomous of course) and a yellow snake which I love but that black one is a little bitch who's not even nice at all! Mick,I had to do a double take on the pic too haha,PQ,I get it,sometimes I read but just too tired or nothing to say,I think we're all allowed that sometimes much love to all and wishes for a wonderful BF day,deciding if I want to go to the shop today,I took on 3 days but that was a mistake, it's slooooow and boring and I hate it there,really need to examine my life,still doing groceries but sometimes it's alot of work cuz people in apartments love to order 4 cases of water and live upstairs, I'm fine while delivering but after a full week of it my iron deprived body feels it but I'm not gonna complain,I'm grateful I have this at least
                      Last edited by paulywogg; May 26, 2021, 08:05 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...how are we then today? hope all is well.Really sunny here today ..ben sitting outside watching the sea and having a brew ...been so pleasant ..brought an external hard drive with me to plug into the tv ...did so this morning ..re formatted it and wiped off over 200 films etc ..duh.We have booked to come back here in october ,just for a long weekend .

hiya teegee ...hope you are feeling ok...thoughts are with you ...No it wasnt one of my modells though it makes a pretty good basis for one!

hiya pauly hows you then? hope all is well in paulysville

hi Lav ..wow thats some pic of the snake eating eggs .......glad it isnt covid with the little un .have you seen the sh.tstorm thats being caused over here by Domonic Cummings ..he really has turned whistle blower...you take care .

hiya ppqp ..glad all is well with you ...wondered where you wiz

right peeps ...tea time so take care yall

Comment

Hello friends,

We’re in the middle of a giant thunderstorm & already lost power. The generator popped on so I can at least see what I’m doing, haha!
                          I failed to mention yesterday that the 2nd snake YB relocated turned & bit him on the hand, drawing a little blood. Makes him a little mad but grateful he’s still willing to move these things cause I sure as hell won’t, haha!! What creeps me out the most is the length of these things - most are about 5 feet long!!

Cyn, I am sorry about the fracture but glad that you were seen. Falls are so easy & can happen anywhere, anytime.
                          We all have the ‘degenerative’ thing going on, believe me. I hope you can find a way to be comfortable enough to do the things you need to do. Iknow yesterday must have been a very tough day for you:hug:

Pauly, honestly, the older the boys get the grosser they get LOL. When my grandsons walk in here having not showered for who knows how long I just get in their face & tell them, haha. Pre-teen boys stink, they always have. I hope you can find something more enjoyable & fulfilling to do in the near future. Keep your eyes & ears open to possibilities!

Mick, glad you’re enjoying the last of your vacation, sounds nice
                          I haven’t had a chance to read much about your whistleblower because we have quite a few lining up to spill their guts about the Trump Organization. They’re hoping for a ‘get out of jail free card’, LOL
                          Another mass shooting in CA today, so sad.

Hello to PQ, the wonder woman!

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all....Ive just lost the +++++++++ post!!!it sometimes restores but it isnt ..thats us home now ....was a decent drive home ..perfectly feasible for a long weekend

teegee you take care .

.Lav hows yb after the bite ?hope he is ok

hiya pauly n ppqp hope all is well.

Comment

Oy ABerooooodles!!

Mick, sorry to hear you lost the post, slippery darn things at times.

Bday was nice and mellow. that weekend prior Darlene and I drove up to Logan to a gem and crystal show and a big, proper farmers market replete with all manner of homemade goodies.
                              Lav, we actually do have an Amish market here, it's a bit of a ways away and looks like they do mostly bulk quantities but still interesting and I'll have to put it on the 'to do' list.

Proud recipient of an amazing handmade Japanese kitchen knife which cuts like a light saber...and is beautiful. as well as an imported Italian Atlat 150 hand-crank pasta machine
                              got gifts at 5pm and had dinner on the table at 6:30PM by some miracle. I made (first time ever) home-made fresh gluten-free pasta and it was insanely good. I'm still stunned.

Anyhoo, struggling hard to get myself some traction in the business world but I'm seeing signs of life, especically yesterday when I booked 4 photo shoots for next week and the week
                              after. trying like bloody hell. whew.

managed to get back to gym workouts again which Id been neglecting due to being so busy stressing over work. clearly it's just not worth losing some practices including exercising so
                              I'm glad to be back.

family visitors are coming tonight at 6pm so I'm making the house and patio as ready as I can and setting up to grill outside on the flameless ninja grill (we can't have live flame here... booo!).
                              thankfully they are non-drinkers so that's appreciated.

Pauly, hang in there... it's a struggle to make ends meet often for us folks low on the totem pole. I know that story so well.

Tree, PPQ (working on software?), Sam all spiffy?

ok, off to the races....
                              be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X