Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 19th of September. Its nearly Christmas.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 19th of September. Its nearly Christmas.........

hiya all ..how are we today then? hope all is well.went for a bit of a walk this morning....8 miles or for the others 12.8 ks ..enjoyed it ..but didnt push the pace..and now its raining..
    hiya teegee hows the wheels doing? hope all is well with it ..you did good....hope the weekend is going well for you .

hi Lav ,how are you ?did you finish the embroidery? same over here ..the weather is changing..Good for you ref the treadmill...di you know about this one..the original treadmill was invented for prisons

Penal treadmill - Wikipedia

have a lovely day .

hia ppqp ..how are you today then? hope all is well over in albertaland ...

pauly and det ..hope you are both well....
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: the 19th of September. Its nearly Christmas.........

Greetings friends,

The humidity has left - praise the lord, LOL
    Nice to be able to sit or walk outside without all the sweat for a change
    Yep Mick, I finished the embroidery job, all went well. In my spare time today I opened a chicken spa for injured kids chickens in my laundry room, haha! I found one of my girls so severely pecked at she was bleeding today. So I soaked her in a warm bubble bath, she almost fell asleep she was so relaxed. I set up separate quarters for her for a few days so hopefully she will heal up. Chickens can be mean as hell to one another but never to me. Glad you got a nice long walk in, it should help your back. I did not know about the prison treadmills but I guess I guess it makes sense. I don’t do any running on it just a leisurely 2 mph walk, it’s enough.

Hello to PQ, hope your weekend is wonderfully relaxing.

Cyn, hope you are resting up too for your soon to be long trip back to the right coast

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice evening everyone.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Got to Napa and back in one piece... I am pleased to announce that my new-to-me car (now named "Bluette", because of the color) is apparently raring to go... she loves the higher-paced hiway driving, and is all-in for scaling the heights,- lots of "Get up and Go" for which I am grateful - there will be lots of trucks that I will have to outrun or or out-maneuver on this next trip. I am calling my garage tomorrow (specializes in German brands), hoping to get her in for a look-see and oil change. Crossing fingers.

Lav, I got a shock this early AM while visiting my SD, and she came out of her room with the "llama-ste" hoodie... I forgot that you had made one for her! She says that it is her favorite for the early-morning dog walks... 😉 Sorry to hear about the poor chicken... good for you for tending to her. I guess "hen-pecked" is a reality?! Take care - (PS -how's the BP?)

Mick, glad to hear you are walking... hope you feel okay after the walk. I am engrossed in this book... I'm glad I know the outcome, but it is still a page-turner... by the way, a few weeks ago I found on Acorn a lovely set of video travelogues by some Brit broadcaster... he walks several miles in one part of England or another, telling the history of the area. One of them is about Dover, and how they used early radar there to intercept the German forces and all the ways they protected Dover during WWII. And now in this book I'm reading about the German system of crossing radar signals they used to guide their planes ... All very fascinating...

PPQ, it sounds like there is a lot of change going on... good luck!
      Pauly, how's things? I have not checked FB in an age... sorry if I am missing your posts there...
      Det - how are you getting along? I always admire you making lovely food in the midst of all else that you do..,

Hello to Sam and all others - wishing all well --

Comment

hiya everyone ,how are we today then? ok I hope .It was a frosty morning ,but it is really warm now .the rabbits are bathing in the sun ,

hello chicken nurse ..I saw your pics ..well done you. The chicken that was pecked ...is it a case of one picking on it ,or do they all jump in ?what do you do with it now? an you put it back in or will the same happen again ?well done on the embroidery too..time to start on your Xmas orders!!!take care...

hiya teegee how are you then? hope all is well with you...If you go on you tube there are lots of travelblogs about Britain ,there is also lots about Dover ,the radar and the tunnels ..

DOVER WW2 TUNNELS -- NEVER SEEN BEFORE -- - YouTube have a look at this ,but more to the point ,there are tons in the side panel about both radar ,and the tunnels ..tbh we are havinga ball working out our plans for going around Britain .Im not sure yet ,but Im thinking of buying a drone to take vids when we are out ..Julie is all for it but Im not sure . If you look at this it is a drone cam of flying over Dover castle etc ..

Dover Castle, England Drone Flight (4K) - YouTube

take care

hiya ppqp ...how are you then ? hope you are ok?hows work going?

hiya pauly det sam and everyone
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Enjoying this cooler & drier weather finally!! I thought summer was never going to end, haha! I hear the farmer’s almanac or someone is predicting a harsh winter. I really don’t care, I can deal with that much easier than all the nasty heat. Just back from my walk down the road with Matilda. She comes back breathless but I don’t

Cyn, sounds like you got just the right car, cool! I wish you & Bluette a long & happy relationship
          It’s not quite cool enough here to pull out the sweatshirts but when I do the purple Llama-ste will probably be the first. My granddaughter asked for one in her size when she saw mine, haha.
          My bP is still a work in progress. The Cardiologist I saw last week took me off 2 meds & added another. He’s also pushing me to walk more so I’m now getting a minimum of 60 minutes walking time daily. Good thing i don’t have a real job anymore, haha. My chicken is doing OK, I brought her in for another warm bath this afternoon. She’s just now starting to eat & drink a little. I swear I think she was suffering PTSD in addition to the physical wounds. I’m keeping her alone probbaly for at least a week before i put her back in with the mean girls.

Mick, you had frost? Wow, that’s kinda early isn’t it? It would be for us.
          I believe I have several bullies in the flock & I may end up giving them a ride to the Amish farm. I can’t keep letting them attack the smaller girls. There’s another smaller bird with most of her tail feather pulled out as well. Why can’t they just be nice & get along? Lol

PQ, I hope today was relatively quiet at work. If you need a mean chicken to do some pecking up there I can ship a few to you, hahah!!

Det, I saw your FB post today - beautiful work, goodness!!

Pauly, what’s up?

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

A very peaceful weekend. Ended up binge watching Harry Potter. Now it's time to get back to reality.

TG...glad the car is to your liking. When do you head East again?

Mick...frost here this morning as well. Time to start thinking about putting the gardens to bed for the winter. It feels like we just started. I sure hope we can have a "normal" growing season next year. Very quiet at work today, no boss and no prog coord. Heaven!

Lav...our winter is supposed to be a harsh one too. I can believe it after the heat we had this summer. I do believe climate change is making everything extreme. It's voting day for the Federal Election. With the amount of mail in ballets and the closeness of the 2 leading parties it could be days before we know the outcome. I think I better pass on the pecking chickens, trying to keep a low profile till after Oct 1st.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thank you Mick - great videos to enjoy... though the one over Dover Castle made me a little dizzy! Good luck on all your travel plans... maybe a drone photo thing would be fun... though it seems to take some training... Det can probably fill you in!

Lav, sorry for the drama in the hen-house... I think I would just move the meanies along, as you suggest... poor terrified chicken! PS I saw a video somewhere of a hawk attacking a chicken, but it was saved by a rooster and a goat coming to her rescue! I thought of you - - glad that hasn't happened this year (at least I hope it hasn't happened...)

Det, I am "determined" to find your FB page ... sounds like you are making beauty happen, good for you.

PPQ, quiet around the office sounds just like what you deserve!! Hope it continues...

Watch for the full harvest moon tonight!! I hope all are well --

Comment

hiya all...just a quick jump in ,waiting for the insurance company to ring back ...what a performance.they sent me the renewal docs this morning,to check ..Ive already had discussions that they were too dear so they requoted a premium that was more acceptable ...looking at the documents they have quote me on the wrong size of engine ..told them and they said that the change would cost another £50.I already had a cheaper quote elsewhere so they are going to see how they are and if they can rematch it .They keep going on about waiving their fee,,fine do it ...Im sure they arent going to give me insurance for nothing and they will starve
                I see Biden has said that Brits can travel to America as from November..providing they have been double jabbed ...but not including Astra Zeneca..now most of the population over here was vaccinated in the main with that ..Now I appreciate that I am not American ,and also recognise that Trump wasnt the best for your country ...but Biden imo was the best of the ugly sisters ..he certainly isnt giving the world an enthusiastic face .
                We are looking at the possibilty of food shortages over here..why ? one of the things is the shortage of drivers ,but also the increase in the price of energy costs .thee is also a gas shortage and one of the by products is carbon dioxide ...used for stunning animals prior to slaughter ,that includes chickens turkeys and cattle .And also fizzy pop etc ..just shows how fragile our economy is and what its based on .

teegee hiya ...its a vw isnt it? German ..should that not be blauette?yep the drone pics are superb ,as you say takes a bit to get used to .we shall see.saw the harvest moon ..it was really smart .

hiya Lav ...anti bullying strategy ...off they go to the Amish man who fixes it!hey you can come walking with me ..take care of yourself .

hiya ppqp ...hows you ?Harry Potter? Julie watches that over and over again ...its her fave films .no boss no nothing? your own little heaven ...its crazy one day it looks like hibernation for the garden ..the next they are blooming .oh well have a good day ..

right lets get this insurance done take care

Comment

Mae all - early checkin... will be working later. Finally was able (because I have a car) to get to the festival office and do some work... orinted out a ton of stuff... making progress on my plan to get out of here next week some time. I feel anxious to get on the road, though it is terribly sad without furry my car-buddy. Sorry if I am repeating myself....

Finished off the Churchill book last night, and NO MORE engrossing books until I have everything else done... I stay up way too late reading...

Hoping all are well - Mick good luck with the insurance company... I thought I had a policy that was too full of things that I didn't need, but thank heaven's I went for the broker's suggestions... that policy has covered so much of my health bills, and I am grateful... do yourself a favor, and don't skimp! This will be your "home on wheels" and you should be safe...

Lav, how is your chicken patient doing? I hope a little less stressed... how is the weather.? Did the cool spell stay?

Okay, off to do more tasks... cheers all ...

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sitting outside being buzzed by all the bees looking for the hummingbird feeders I put away last week, haha! Time for them to go somewhere else I think.
                    Thursday is supposed to be a big rain day for us, oh well. Cooler air to follow, thankfully.

PQ, glad you had a nice day yesterday, hope today was quiet too.
                    So, do you think we should trade our cars in for sleds for the winter? I think we should just stay home & make a lot of soup, haha!

Cyn, my chicken looks better today & is finally moving around & eating. She’s made no attempt to lay an egg for the past 3 days, don’t blame her either. This summer a hawk made the mistake of landing inside their fenced yard & my chickens ripped the thing to shreds. We walked around in there picking up hawk parts - geez. They must have been really pissed off. I’m kinda glad they can take care of themselves. Since I can’t be standing out there all day. I saw that moon last night, wow but I was able to sleep.

Mick, insurance companies are a necessary evil. We changed companies when we moved here when I found out that the rates are cheaper here in cow country. I use the same company for homeowners & auto insurance now - it’s great. Good luck getting that sorted out. We are looking at possible supply shortages here as well. YB wants me to stock up on everything but I’m not feeling that paranoid just yet. They are even talking about kids toys being in short supply & people should be doing their Christmas shopping now, ugh.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is well.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya everyone How are we today ? hope everyone is doing good. I finally got the insurers sorted out on the van yesterday. Definitely did not go for the cheap options, however there were things in the policy and quotation that werent needed. Today the alarm was fitted on the van and the immobiliser

Hiya teegee How are you then? I'm sure you will pick up another book!!I think my reading record stands at 343 days in a row .hows the vobbly wobbly doing? . You take care

Hiya lav How are you.? glad that the chicken �� is making progress. The perpetrators on their way to see the amish chappie? my old nick are looking for 3 rabbits..no not too tunnel out, but they have a pet area, so I've got a friend who is in charge of the rescue centre..so another 3 removed they look after them better than the crims.. oh dear.
                      Julie made the decision last night ..she retires 31 March. Already been approached by other agencies to work or act on a consulting basis., but it doesn't interest her ...my doss days are over!!!!I had a policy that turned out superb when my head wobbled it had a critical care clause and I didn't even know..so yes I do understand between cheapskate and what is needed.
                      Yes we have started getting bits and pieces together for a shortage just in case but not going mad.

Hiya ppqp are you Then? Hope all is well.

Big hello to everyone
                      Last edited by Mick; September 22, 2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...Quiet yesterday as well and down right dead today. Boss showed up, left and hasn't been back. LOL I bet you'll be happy to be on your way, maybe just a little sad without your car-buddy.

Mick...isn't insurance fun! Glad you got it all sorted out. I think a lot of places are going to be dealing with food shortages. The one I've been hearing about is coffee. I will be stocking up on that. It's a cold miserable day here and that's not what they forecasted!

Lav...as long as we don't drop to -22F and stay there, I'm looking forward to winter. Won't be as hard to stay in the house. With the way our covid cases are going it's going to be a scary winter. City council is holding a special meeting today to try and deal with the province's restriction exemptions. Hopefully they'll pass a bylaw and everyone will know what they're supposed to do.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening greetings everyone,

Got back from my walk just in time for the skies to open up this afternoon. There’s been several heavy downpours so far & I think this is supposed to go on all day tomorrow as well. I guess I’ll be on the treadmill tomorrow to get my hour of walking time.
                          YB is out making another evening trip to a produce auction in Lancaster county with one of his Amish customers. This particular guy is a prolific grower of almost anything, good skills.

Mick, glad to hear your insurance & alarm issues are settled.
                          We haven’t removed any mean chickens yet, the Amish guys are too busy right now getting all their crops harvested. When things slow down with them we’ll probably take a few older meanies over to them.
                          Julie is smart to turn down future job offers, why would she want to do that? I remember getting a few job offers as I was leaving the hospital, I smiled & said NO THANKS, haha!
                          I hope the 3 rabbits enjoyed their new quarters

PQ, your day sounds pretty good - no one there, yay!
                          I hope we can both enjoy our winter seasons without too much cold. It’s hard to believe this will be our second Covid winter. Whoever thought this BS would stick around so long & be as brutal as it has been?
                          I want to see my kids & grandkids from time to time but other than that I just want to stay close to home anymore.

Cyn, hope everything is OK with you? When do you plan to head back east?

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we tody then? hope all is good .just got back from the shops ts raining ...was in the charity shop ,picked up a couple of records..memory land ...and I know at least one person on here will remember them too..

20210923_151614.jpg

20210923_151637.jpg

the record player Ive got is ace ..remember the humming of the valves when they heated up ? they have even copied that into the working

hiya ppqp how are you then? all ok hope you are managing to soldier on without your bosses help ...yeah right ..got the insurance sorted out ...last one is the house insurance. Will be done tomorrow ..its a bad month for that sort of stuff for me.best of luck with the covid restrictions ...this country has put all its eggs on the vaccinations ...they could never enforce a lock down here now ..so I hope they have got it all right ..

hiya Lav ,how you then?have you got your walk in today ? I think Julie is doing work as a volunteer for the youngsters doing the duke of edinburgh award ..she wants nowt to do with contracts ,procurement finance ,jails human resources and detail management .a complete change of direction .Van goes up to get the software in the dashboard reprogrammed tomorrow .hows the bullied chickie doing?

hiya everyone else ...have a great day .

Comment

Mae all -

Glad to hear that everyone is plugging along!

Lav, that's an incredible story about the chickens and the hawk... I guess it is good to have a few "meanies" in the bunch - it sounds like they got right to work on that hawk... sheesh, the cleanup must not have been at all fun. Good for you for doing your walking! I know that the treadmill isn't much fun, but glad that you have it for the rain times. Is your BP showing any signs of settling down? Hope so...

PPQ, glad that work is quiet for you now - maybe you'll have a more pleasant autumn. How's the foot/leg?

Pauly, would love to hear from you - I just don't have the energy to go on FB or IG right now to see your pics... hope all is well...

Det - hope the works keeps rolling in, and that girly is behaving! Is she back to real in-school classes now? Masked? Good luck!

Sam, I'm sure the harvest season is busy for you - good luck.

Mick, wow - 45s!? Do you have one of those USB/needle record players? I never saw one until I visited my nephew's house (when I was doing that major organizing recently)... how amazing! Now I wish that I had saved some of my childhood 45s... All your plans sound terrific, and the van all decked-out. Congrats on Julie's news!!! Fantastic - you two are off and running (walking) now. PS, I'm pretty sure my VW has a French background... maybe she's from the Alsace region... so I'm sticking with Bluette...��

I'm having the car looked over on Monday, then a last session with my wonderful Chiro on Tuesday, then will head out of here soon after that... so far the weather is holding well, so I should make tracks asap...

Wishing all well and happy - take care -

Comment

Working...
                              X