May 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 8th

Hello all .quick drop in. Hope all is well we left the Isle of Skye this morning..was supposed to be tomorrow..but massive storms and winds forecast so we left early. We are now in Strathclyde..just outside Glasgow near Bellshill...and yes got devoured through the centre of Glasgow because of road closure. How is everyone?hope we are all good
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: May 8th

MAE ALL....Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate.

Mick...hope the massive storms don't follow. You two deserve good weather. Great pics today. Enjoy yourselves.

Lav...my peaceful weekend starts now. LOL I'm still not sold on the 2nd covid booster. Good to hear your friends son is off the vent, that's a big step. Hope everyone enjoyed the snickerdoodles.

I am totally exhausted, day started at 6am and I am just home now. Can hardly walk, obviously the shoes I was wearing weren't meant to be standing on concrete all day. The feet are now and I can relax. Had a very successful Community Cleanup, quite a long line at the opening and then it settled down with steady traffic. It was well worth the effort. It wasn't the warmest of days but the rain/snow held off. YAY

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; May 8, 2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Happy Mother’s Day to all, celebrating or not

I had to pull on a winter coat to take my walk today so I guess you can figure out it’s way too cold for May, haha! The rain has stopped but it’s chilly & windy still.
      Son & family came bearing lunch & flowers, had a nice time. Pic on FB of me & the boys……they make me look short &I’m almost 5’6”!!!!!!

Mick, loved the colorful pics today, thanks!
      Hope you escape the storms & continue your fun trip

PQ, no reaction to the booster so far so I’m happy.
      My feet are in (expensive Brooks) sneakers these days & nothing else. Walking on concrete is what messed my feet up to begin with (hospital floors). Glad your cleanup day went well & it didn’t snow, haha!!

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam hope all are well.

Have a nice night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -
        Happy Mother’s Day to all you wonderful Moms out there!
        Lav, sorry about the change in weather... you are getting it from the Midwest two days ago... but tomorrow it will be 90 here!?!?! So glad that you got flowers and lunch... I’ll head over to FB and check on yours and Mick’s pics!

PPQ, that sounds like a really worthwhile, but exhausting, day yesterday. I hope you had a chance to rest today.

Mick, sorry about the weather change shortening your time. But better to stay warm and dry. And yikes, I can’t imagine the traffic in Glasgow! “devoured” sounds about right.

Had a nice brunch with my brother and SIL today ... we hadn’t seen each other for awhile. Then I let myself NOT do any project work today... so instead I did online puzzles - I’m getting very hooked on the NY Times free online Games... then found some other sites online that test your short-term memory. Sheesh! That’s definitely where I need work!! I’ll keep chipping away at it - I call it Teflon Brain... things “slip away without leaving a trace...”
        Hello to Pauly, Sam, Det and all others dropping by... happy week ahead...

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? We are on the way home so please excuse any grammar misspelling or Anything I just thought I would do this on my phone as we have just stopped. That's it now, holiday is over, Got to get ready for the next one haha. Pick up the rabbits tomorrow looking forward to seeing them again take care all.only an hour and 12 mins till home
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice & sunny today, still a bit windy but not bad. Just back from my walk with my doggie friend. I think I may be wearing her out, she looks exhausted & we didn’t go THAT far, haha!

Cyn, I heard about the high temps out your way but we’re being told we’re not getting them, who knows?
            Glad you had an enjoyable day yesterday with family. Talking about poor STM - I’m the poster child I think, haha! I do sit every evening after everything is done & work on several word games & such to try to exercise my brain a bit. I can’t stand the thought of full on dementia. I always felt so sorry for those folks. Keep playing

PQ, hope your day was a good one!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Mick, safe travels to home!

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Woke up to a whiteout and 4 inches of snow. OMG, so thankful it didn't hit yesterday morning! Was sitting here wondering how I was going to get to the car as my boots were in it. Then my son came downstairs and said I'll go get your boots for you. That worry gone I had another cup of coffee. The snow had stopped by the time I left for work and most of what was on the ground is gone. Welcome to spring.

Lav...nice that you got lunch and flowers yesterday. That was a great pic of you. I am going to have to bite the bullet and go shoe shopping. I don't mind the price if I can actually find something that fits! Sounds like it warmed up a bit today for you. It was funny watching everyone arrive to work limping along. We were all pretty sore. The day just flew by but it was a productive one.

TG...glad you had a nice brunch with your family and good for you taking the day. I used to do online crosswords but never the NY Times. Tried it once and said nope, not for me. Did log on for a couple of bridge games yesterday.

Mick...I'm sure your safe at home by now. Sounds like all in all it was a great trip. I'm sure it won't be long before you're heading out again. Hope the rabbits are healthy and I bet they missed you too.

I think I might have the energy to actually watch game 4 of the NHL playoffs, my team needs a win tonight.

Waves to Det, Sam & Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -
                Mick, welcome home... enjoy being with the rabbits, and planning your next trip! Hoping all is well - maybe it will feel okay to be in your “house”’bed. But there is such freedom on the road...

Lav, how old is your beagle girl? Maybe she’s just not used to your pace... I finally got my Library card today (right after my auto registration!!) . I picked up a book at the library about mind strengthening games. I like the little online puzzles, but don’t want too much screen time, so wil try this. I feel like my “computing skills are good, but my short term memory is a little alarming! So, will work on that and in staying more in the present moment. Meditating (trying) so we’ll see if that helps.

PPQ - you got a snowstorm, and we hit 96 degrees here. Holy Moly!! Here’s hoping you find some good shoes - I mind the expense, but buying cheaper ones really doesn’t work in the end... good luck! (And ps, I only do the online mini-crossword... that’s challenging enough for me... I would never attempt the real NYTimes crossword! &#128521

Wishing all well - hello to those stopping by...

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well. The weather has taken a change for the worse down here, it has been pouring with rain all day day. Got the rabbits this morning, Jeeves looks like a bag of rags he is moulting and there is 4 everywhere. It's great to see them though. You wouldn't believe it I've got a cold from somewhere comma if it's free I'll get it!

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? Welcome to crazy weather land 1-minute it is snowing the next sunshine the next foggy the next windy. Did you watch the game last night? How is work going?

Hiya teegee, you're right you cannot beat sleeping in your own bed! How are you today then? Are you doing your puzzles? Don't worry about the short-term memory thing I think most of us are in the same boat. I can remember what I had for breakfast when I was 4, but I can't remember why I went into the kitchen 10 minutes ago! Julie does logic puzzles every day, the baffle me Plus I don't have the time or more so the inclination to sit and work them out. I prefer the word puzzles. Yes the next trip is only 4 days long at the end of this month. And then the next big one 1iz down to Cornwall next month. Take care and have a great day.

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope all is well with you. Are you out walking with your doggy friend today? She will be secretly cursing you! Not a lot happening here today tidying up getting the washing done cleaning the van water in the garden moving offences for the rabbits and put clothes dryer into the ground in the back garden. Or and I made a pot of vegetable soup even madam said it tasted nice! Consisted of chopped up carrots cabbage leeks tomato puree a few spices and whole black peppers and and a couple of bay leaves full stop one of those soups you can have as thick as you want or as thin as you want a few excess pounds to get rid of! Take care and have a great day

A big hello to all those passing through

Comment

Me: Mum, I'm going to my girlfriend's.

Mum: Use protection.

Me: I'm 15.

Mum: I'm 30.

I bought a trampoline from a catalogue but didn't get steps.

They only came with items 5, 6, 7, 8.

I saw Peter Pan at Liverpool docks the other day. He was heading over to Birkenhead but was waiting for Tinkerbell to come. Apparently you need a fairy to cross the Mersey

Lazy Rule #35667123009318: Be so damn lazy that you didn't even care to read the whole number.

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around.

If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him. She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."

He answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout and as she was on her way out of the store the man called out, "Goodbye, Mom."

The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him

Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine Into someone's day he went to pay for his groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.

"How come so much ...I only bought 5 items.."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."

The one I've always liked was about the (alleged to be true, but who knows?) unintentional cabin announcement after a particularly rough landing.

Upon getting safely (albeit roughly) on the ground and making the obligatory "Welcome to wherever ..." announcement to the cabin the pilot forgot to release his mic switch (or it stuck) and turned to the first officer to exclaim: "Gawd Almighty, that was a rough one. Right now all I want is a beer and blow-job".

One of the stewardesses in the cabin, in a panic to alert the pilot that his mic' is on, dashes toward the cabin door.

At which point a helpful passenger calls out "Don't forget the beer"!

An engineering student was walking across campus when another engineer rides up on a shiny new motorcycle.

"Where did you get such a great bike?" asked the first.

The second engineer replied,

"Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want. "

The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; Her clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you."

Thoughts on Exercise
                    The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier
                    Last edited by Mick; May 10, 2022, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here, sunny & warm enough to leave the jacket home
                      I went to my daughter’s today since she had the day off. We had lunch out & did some shopping, thoroughly enjoyable & lots of walking. No need to drag my 10 yr old dog down the road tonight haha!!

PQ, I can’t believe you got snow, oh no!! The weather is just so stupid these days, nothing is the same so you don’t know what to expect.
                      I don’t know if you can get Brooks shoes up there or not but they are such blessings on my worn out feet, haha! I only wish these shoes were around all the years I was working/walking like a maniac.

Cyn, congrats on the library card & the registration
                      You know my daughter is 45 & we talked quite a bit today about slipping memories……she’s starting it too! She’s always been an avid reader, got her degree in English/Communications & doesn’t vegetate in front of the TV. I think it’s just normal (and a bit scary) when we realize our STMs aren’t what they used to be. Keep exercising our brains & eat healthy, stay away from AL, etc is all we really can do. I think we’ll be OK :hug:

Mick, glad you’re back safe & I hope Jeeves is OK.
                      So your weather has turned on you too, hmm. Be grateful it’s not snow like at PQ’s, Lol

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav

PS: I have to figure out how to create a PDF on my iPad where all my pics are stored. The July craft show people want some pics sent to them in a PDF, It’s easy to do on my computer but never tried it on the iPad. Wish me luck.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good luck Lav! I have no idea how to put pics in a pdf... but I bet if you google it, you’ll find out how.,So nice that you had time with your daughter. Glad the dog got a rest! 😉

Mick, what a great soup! I love how “little” you did when you got home, lol. And what the heck is the dryer(.or washer) doingboutside? I’m confused. Well, glad the rabbits made it through with no issues... welcome home.

PPQ, hoping that your feet feel better, and you have new shoes.

Too warm again for May - 80-something today, will be in the 90s for the next 2 days. So far I haven’t used the A/C... keeping electric costs down. Opening up early and using a fan is doing the trick so far.

Lav, I do want to exercise my brain! But mostly the Games I am doing because they really give me a feeling of satisfaction... especially because they are digital ... it’s a little dopamine rush whenever I get one right... it says “awesome!” or “great job”! Makes me so happy 😉... I did pick up a library book by Prevention magazine called the “Brainpower Game Plan”. The first one I’ve seen where you can get a baseline starter idea, then measure again as you go... looks interesting, I’ll let you know...

OK kids, off to be outside a bit while it is cooler. I am wishing all well - take care -

Comment

MAE ALL…

TG…do you have to pay for your library card? A few years ago, don’t remember when, they made all library cards free. You could sign up for online for one. It’s amazing what the library offers these days. I always did like going to the library, looking through the card files to find a book. Used to go with my Mom, I think it was her escape. Nice score on the Auto Registration, bet that made your day. It was only 0C today, no snow but mid-afternoon the skies opened and it just poured. Made me think of Mick.

Mick…bet it’s good to be home, even if you brought a cold home with you. You’ll have to post a pic of Jeeves, I can just picture him. LOL I’ll take the rain over the snow but I know the farmers around the Brooks area are happy to see it, especially if they got their seeding done. Watched the start of the game and went to bed after we scored first, it was a good sign they won. Series tied now so tomorrow’s home game should be electric. Work is going great, I had good quiet day, a lot accomplished, and decided to take Friday as my day off for working the community cleanup on Sunday.

Lav…jacket? Needed the parka today. LOL Sounds like you had a good day. This is typical spring in Alberta, that’s why we don’t plant our gardens till after the May long weekend. Did a quick google search on Brooks shoes and it looks like they’re available here. Shoe shopping will now be part of my day off on Friday. I googled “How to create a pdf on my ipad” and I think you’ll have no problem figuring it out.

Boss made a comment today that the prog coord wants to come back if she doesn’t qualify for long term disability. WTF! He then said that she’d be my assistant not the other way around. Never a dull moment in my work life. LOL

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how varese we today then? Hope all is well. Pouring with rain here and blowing a Hooley not got too much done outside today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Chest is still giving me grief but hey

Hiya lav, And how are you doing today then?Good weather there?that means it's on the road to us. Hope you have a good day.

Hiya ppqp how are you today then?all good?sounds like work is going good too ..the last thing you need. Is her to come back .irrespective of the position..I am sure she would cause trouble .the trick is to make sure you are the preferred choice if there ever was an issue. But I am sure you have that under control!

Hiya teegee how are you then?hope all is good the clothes drier or airer is a whirligig. Which spins in the wind .hope you have a good day

Right all hope you behave alovely day x

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice day here, mostly sunny & dry. 50% chance of rain every day starting tomorrow thru next Tuesday, oh well.
                              Putting a box together of baby items including a couple cans of formula (that’s in short supply) for my nephew’s daughter. She had a premie a few weeks ago & they live up in New England. I’ll get that in the mail tomorrow.

Cyn, that real warm weather is not moving this way but we are expecting some extra humidity - frizzy hair stuff, haha.
                              I ended up emailing the pics to myself & just sent them on my laptop last night. If they want the pics in pdf form they can put them in pdf form themselves, haha.
                              Sometimes my brain allows me to learn new stuff & sometimes it just doesn’t. Not worrying about it anyway. I hope the evening stay cool for you!

PQ, so you will be the lady in charge in that office - nice
                              If she does come back be sure to put her in her place immediately so there’s no confusion on her part!!! Hope your weather treats you well the rest of the week.

Mick, rain in England? Wow, what a concept, haha!!
                              I’ll be sure to send the dry stuff your way asap.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X