13 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Nov

mae all,howare we today then? hope all is well.Up and about today ,whatever it was banjoed me good style.It was pretty rough ...eventually got out of bed yesterday afternoon ,but felt rubbish .so went back to bed ...after a chuckie egg an chicken soup.Feeling better today though Im aching and feel weak,but thats because Ive done nothing .Lovely day today,both rabbits are out playing .

hiya Lav ,hows you then? well done for getting Daisy to use the litter box.maybe you could put some kitty food in her path outside?hope all is good .have a nice weekend .

hiya ppqp...how are you today then? hope all is good .I still had to give Jeeves his meds yesterday,.Dont know what caused it but if its free Ill have it!!Hope your weekend is going good? and no hassle from work.

hiya teegee ....how are you doing? hope all is good with you .are you travelling or resting?

hi slo ...how are you doing? how is the knee doing?hope you are having a decent weekend...are you babysitting?

I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey…

… but then I turned myself around.

What’s the most terrifying word in nuclear physics?

“Oops!”

I was wondering why the ball kept getting bigger and bigger…

And then it hit me.

I got fired from my job at the bank today.

An old lady came in and asked me to check her balance, so I pushed her over.

What did Batman say to Robin before they got in the car?

“Robin, get in the car.”

Sometimes I tuck my knees into my chest and lean forward.

That’s just how I roll.

A man got hit in the head with a can of Coke.

Thank goodness it was a soft drink.

Have you heard the one about the bad pole-vaulter?

It never goes over very well.

Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, “Do you know how to drive this thing?”

Never criticize someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, they won’t be able to hear you from that far away. Plus, you’ll have their shoes.

The shovel was a ground-breaking invention.

What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho Cheese.

Want to hear a joke about construction?

I’m still working on it.

What do you call an elephant that doesn’t matter?

An irrelephant.

Dad, can you put my shoes on?

No, I don’t think they’ll fit me.

What do you call a fake noodle?

An Impasta.

The world tongue-twister champion just got arrested.

I hear they’re gonna give him a really tough sentence.

I own the world’s worst thesaurus.

Not only is it awful, it’s awful.

So what if I don’t know what “Armageddon” means?

It’s not the end of the world.

What’s the difference between a good joke and a bad joke timing.

Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions?

I do.

If I got 50 cents for every failed math exam, I’d have $ 6.30 now.

Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

I don’t want to brag, but I do speak pig Latin; I mean, I’m not fluent, but I’m sure if I ever went there, I could get by.

My girlfriend and I often laugh about how competitive we are.

But I laugh more.

What’s red and shaped like a bucket?

A blue bucket painted red.

What do you call a fish with no eye?

Fssshh.

Why do you smear peanut butter on the road?

To go with the traffic jam.

I still remember what my grandpa said right before he kicked the bucket:

“How far do you think I can kick this bucket?”

What’s the stupidest animal in the jungle?

A polar bear

A limbo champion walks into a bar

They are disqualified.

Where did Napoleon keep his armies?

In his sleevies.

What is Harry Potter’s favorite method of getting down a hill?

Walking… jk, rolling.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 13 Nov

Hello on Sunday, the Day of Rest:

Sorry you got hit with a 24-hour bug, Mick! Hope another day or two of rest gets you back to 100%.
    Food for thought in the jokes! I like the Nacho Cheese and Hokey Pokey ones.

Lav, your kitty is potty-training! My grandson regressed, and is no longer potty-training. He was pretty good at pooping in the potty, too! Hopefully they will get back at it with him soon, as he will be 3 in January.
    How did your brother do with his surgery? Did he have to have an amputation? So your dad and both brothers all have/had peripheral vascular disease??

Chicken noodle soup is so healing, TG! And you found two people who really need it.

Yeah, best just to take a break from the cooking and let your son take a turn, PQ. I’m glad he didn’t let the ingredients that you got him for the pasta salad go to waste!

I’m home now from traveling to go see young daughter’s swim meets at college. It was good to see her again! And see some of her world at college, and meet a few other swim parents, and see the grandkids too. And at least it was a two-fer: two swim meets for one travel time and $$ for gas & hotel room. I’m exhausted though. I get tired so quickly these days. I just ordered a B-complex vitamin supplement to take a few times per week; see if that will perk me up.
    I got a first floor hotel room, and I watched the meets from the pool deck (much to my daughter’s embarrassment) instead of trying to climb into the balcony with my walker. And I discovered that letting my hair go gray and using a walker is a shoe-in for getting a senior citizen discount!

Take care, my friends, and have a good day.
    Last edited by Slo; November 13, 2022, 02:04 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yep the cold air is moving in, tonight it’s going down to 30 degrees. I feel bad for the outside cats but this is what they prefer. Daisy & I will stay inside haha!
      Just had a call from my sister-in-law, my brother is doing well in iCU today. PT had him up & out of bed 2X today & he will be transferred as soon as a bed opens up in the hospital. He apparently was cut from groin all the way to his ankle, ugh. That’s a lot, more than I’ve ever seen for a femoral bypass. I’m thinking his blockage must have started up higher than originally thought. Anyway, he’s doing OK.
      I’m working on lace ornaments, need to fill up my wooden tree that i take to the craft fairs this time of year.

Mick, happy to hear you are on the mend. A 24 hr bug can really knock you on your a$$. Glad you are improving
      Chicken soup really does wonders for the body, keep at it for your own good.

Cyn, good to hear from you & I imagine you are saving & comforting many with your chicken soup, that’s so nice.
      Save some time 7 energy for yourself too, please.

PQ, thanks for the cold weather, Lol. It’s been so ridiculously warm here, we knew it would get cold eventually.
      I hope you’re enjoying some milder weather now & the old snow has melted.

Slo, potty training kids seems so different these days, not sure why. My grandkids did pretty well, the boys are always a bit slower picking it up for whatever reason. And my granddaughter never once asked if it was oK to pee in my kitchen trash can haha! I’ll never forget that one!!
      You do a lot of traveling so of course you’re tired. I take my B-Complex daily, makes a big difference I think. I used to be so embarrassed about the senior discounts, now I don’t care anymore. I actually have an AARP membership LOl. Remember you won’t be using that walker forever & I wouldn’t have tried climbing onto the stands either, geez. Yep, PVD has struck my dad & two older brothers. My younger brother & I are kind of paranoid now but doing what we can get ahead of the family disease. My dad & oldest brother also had cardiac complications, not good.

Hello to the rest of the folks & wish everyone a nice night!
      Lav
      Last edited by Lavande; November 13, 2022, 06:57 PM.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick....glad you're starting to feel better. Give yourself some time to recoup, you don't have to make up your down time all at once. Will you have to give Jeeves medication daily or just when his stomach acts up? Keep up with the chicken noodle soup. It was a quiet day for me and no work hassles.

Slo...glad you were able to see your daughter's swim. I think watching from the pool deck was a smart idea. I take vitamin B daily and can sure tell when I've missed one. You take it slow recovering as well.

Lav...yes, it's been nice and mild here. Such a nice change. We're supposed to get some flurried towards the end of the week but nothing much. Just as well it's my craft sale Fri/Sat. The snow manages to turn to slush and then it all freezes overnight. I think it's here to stay. Glad to hear your brother is doing well. That was quite the surgery. I hope he gets a bed soon, I've spent many hours in emergency before. Right now the average wait time for a bed is 2 days! Yikes!

Well, my potatoes are boiling over so I better go deal with things. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then? hope all is well.weather is a little bit weird today ,it actually looks like its going to snow..15.30pm and getting dark already Rabbits are doing good ,Jeeves although I keep saying it ,he is doing superb .On that note ,I feel good today ,not 100%but a lot better thank goodness.

hiya ppqp...hows you then today? hope all is good .glad you had a quiet weekend ..Yep the noodle soup worked a wee treat .hope your change in weather isnt an indication that the snow is on its way over here .Yes Jeeves will get meds daily ,irrespective, whether his gut is playing up or not ..more proactive than reactive

hiya Lav ,how are you doing?hope you are doing ok?glad your brother is doing ok yep noodle soup works a treat ...pretty bland but its nourishment.My friend lost his cat the middle of September. it was found alive and well 31 miles away yesterday.
          Potty training is harder for boys its a fact of life ...from an early age they acknowledge they are going to be in the crap!!Talking about senior discounts ...I got the form today for my free bus pass ..travel on the trams and buses..like you at one time i wouldnt have bothered but my thinking now is they would soon be quick enough to take it from me so I will have anything on offer.I set myself a challenge ,,to get a christmas themed jersey for me and her majesty from the charity shops ..as opposed to spending about £25 each on one....success 2 for £18 .hope you have a good day.

hiya slo....hows you then today?if you can make use of the senior citizen stuff then go for it ...refuse nothing but blows!we all get tired as we get older ,but the brain doesnt accept it ..even when the body says what are you doing? as long as you take care.

hiya teegee you doing ok?

pauly how are you doing?

What’s green and has wheels?

Grass. I lied about the wheels.

A communist joke isn’t funny…

… unless everyone gets it.

What’s green, fuzzy, and would hurt if it fell on you out of a tree?

A pool table.

Why can’t you hear a Pterodactyl go to the bathroom?

Because the pee is silent.

Cosmetic surgery used to be such a taboo subject.

Now you can talk about Botox and nobody raises an eyebrow.

What do you call someone who immigrated to Sweden?

Artificial Swedener.

I’m terrified of elevators…

… so I’m going to start taking steps to avoid them.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

A tired Treegirl checking in... sending love to all..,

Goodness, so much going on...
            Mick I hope that you continue to feel better, that virus sounded pretty harsh.

Lav, good job on kitty training! SO sorry to hear about your brother’s surgery... sending healing thoughts for a good outcome...

SLO- great job getting to see the swim meet! Glad you went ahead with plans. Take care and take it slow for all the healing you are asking your body to do!!! PS, I let my hair go natirally grey years ago, and have never regretted it. If people have a problem, that’ their issue... I love it, and get a lot of compliments!

PPQ, uuugh, you could take back a couple of degrees... yesterday we went from 70 to 22 F... a little sudden for me! Flurries today... I don’t mind, I like winter, but the suddenness!

PS - Mick, one clue from the (short) NY Times Crossword puzzle today was “what city is between Manchester and York”? (I had to look it up, but found the the answer was “Leeds”!) I won’t forget that clue again...

Wishing all our friends well -
            TG

Comment

Hello friends,

Daisy is sitting on my lap making typing near impossible, ha ha. I finally got her to try some canned kitten food today, mixed a little formula in & spoon fed her, lol. Hopefully tomorrow she will feed herself.
              Pretty cold here as well but I honestly like it much better than the summer heat.
              I’m trying to work on Christmas lace ornaments but my helper is not much help!!

PQ, our hospitals are in such a poor state right now. Staying well is vital. Nurses have left in droves since the start of the pandemic, sick of being overworked, underpaid & basically abused. You can’t run a hospital without nurses, can you?? All the men in the business suits have screwed upour hospital systems trying to operate them like businesses, it’s disgusting. God help us when we need help.
              Enjoy your milder temps while you can

Mick, wow, do you think that cat walked 31 miles on it’s own? Someone must have picked it up along the way, crazy.
              Nice you found your Christmas sweaters at a good price. I’ve never actually had one, will have to think about that, haha.
              No news on my brother yet today so I hope he’s settled somewhere comfortably. This is the brother who hasn’t talked to me for probably 15 years, he has issues but I still want him to be OK.

Cyn, hope you’re working in some rest moments for yourself. We all need to be careful this time of year to not over estimate our abilities to get stuff done.
              Sounds like you are having sweatshirt weather too, sit back & enjoy it before the snow starts.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...what a day! Everybody wanting to change their event times, days and rooms. Even had one client pencil in a change to the time on their rental agreement, didn't bother to adjust any of the costs though. Instructors wanting to extend their programs into December, and don't get me started on the craft sale vendors, does nobody actually read the information they are sent. To top it off my pay cheque was not in my bank account this morning. Welcome to Monday.

Mick...been going to work in the dark but am still able to get home in daylight. Not for long though. Had a feeling daily meds was now the norm. Glad you're feeling better and you just keep on saying how well Jeeves is doing. I'm glad it was a quiet weekend too, needed my wits for today. LOL I think it's going to be an interesting weather pattern this winter.

TG...nope, sorry, no returns. I hear you about the sudden change, 77 - 25 F here. I much prefer being eased into winter. At least we can look forward to chinooks. You pace yourself and look after yourself.

Lav...ah, I can just picture Daisy on your lap. Keep her away from the great embroidery machine. Yay, step #2, tried kitten food. Now, a pic of you spoon feeding her would have been nice. LOL Our health care in Alberta has been under stress for years and Covid only brought all the issues to the forefront. Nursing salaries had been frozen for years and after 2 years of Covid the government wanted to decrease their wages. OMG I'm surprised every one of them didn't walk out.

It's going to be a busy week as all the Christmas decorations go up before the craft sale. Taking deep breaths and repeating this too shall pass. Have a restful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all how are we today then? hope all is swell .We are in the middle of a storm at the moment ...surprised eh?really blowing and raining .Was actually going to do some work outside but that aint happening ...

hiya tee gee ..yep its Leeds .What have you been up to?I feel a lot better ..whatever it was certainly put me down.you take good care of yourself .

ppqp how did work go then? hope it sort of calmed down for you.more importantly ,was your money in the bank.Yep you will soon be in bat mode ...doing everything in the dark.Just remember ..the issues about the decorations etc will soon be consigned to history irrespective of the outcome .You can only do your best.

A new task Lav ...teach Daisy to type!Like you I prefer the cold to the heat.Our hospitals are pretty helpless too.There are massive gaps and understaffing ,and they are filling those gaps with agency and banked shifts ...a short term fix .it means the health service dont have to pay pensions etc.They have been paying extra money over and above to encourage both agency and bank nurses to work extra shifts .The govt has now removed that ,so those staff will not work more than they need to.In addition it was on the news this morning ..we have a lot of foreign nursing students over here studying to become nurses .They have been told to vacate their accommodation ..for what? to put the migrant refugees in ..most of whom are just here to see what they can get .WTF?? Then you get the disparity between nurses and junior doctors ...a nurse is on about starting 20k...is rostered and has to work all the hours God sends to make ends meet.A general practitioner doctor is on 110k and works 37hrs pw.the whole system is broken ,but it seems like a whole world issue.
                  hope your brother is ok

hiya Slo how are you today?hope all is well with you

right folks hope you have a good day

Comment

It’s snowing outside! Winter is here.

Yesterday I drove my sister to her MRI appointment for her foot, and my mother to her eye appointment to try to get fitted for custom contacts hopefully in lieu of corneal transplant surgery. It was a nice day out. Mom, sister, & I went out for lunch together. And when I brought Sister back to Brother’s house (where she’s living now because she can’t climb the stairs into & out of her apartment), I was able to visit with Brother and a nephew a bit, and go see 14-yr.-old niece’s choir concert.
                    I’m sad to see that my brother is still drinking, on the sly.
                    Mother thought me & sister looked ridiculous with our twin mobility aids. Meanwhile our mother is active and very mobile. Something is backwards about that picture!

Comment

You’re entering a busy season at work, PQ. The holidays are here! I’ll bet Lav reads the entry instructions when she enters a craft fair as a vendor! Too bad you don’t have more ones like her.

Glad that both you and Jeeves are doing well now, Mick. What a happy story that your friend’s cat was found! Did the cat have a chip embedded; is that how it was found? I vote for the pterodactyl and the Botox jokes as my favorites.

Well that’s encouraging that you keep your hair natural, TG; and are happy with it! I question my decision, as it does make me look older. And my mother, who still dyes her hair, really questions my decision! But this way I don’t have to put those toxins on my head, and also don’t have to pay the high prices to dye my hair.

You found a solution to getting Daisy interested in food, Lav! Your lace ornaments are probably good sellers at the craft fair, as well as being eye-catching and drawing people into your booth.

Today I go back to the Dr. about my fractured leg, and also go to PT.
                      Last edited by Slo; November 15, 2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...much calmer day I'm happy to report. And everything got sorted out. Now I just have to teach the boss that he can't be offering rooms that I can't accommodate. I will bring that up at our one-on-one tomorrow. Money did makes its way to my account just after lunch so was able to pick up a few groceries on the way home. "They" have got to sort this inflation out sooner than later, I'm not the only one feeling the pinch. We had a windy day here but stayed above freezing. The weekend is looking good, nice change for the craft sale.

Slo..I'm sure Lav reads the instructions too. Not stressing over it as what will be will be, all I can do is my best. I will be glad when this week is over though. You had a busy day yesterday with all that running around. Nice that you got some visiting in with family. Nothing you can do about your brother, as we all know it has to be our decision to quit. I hope the Dr had good new for you.

Posting a little early today so will catch up with Lav and whoever else posts later tonight. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello friends,

Raining & 40 degrees at the moment, chilly to say the least. The wood stove in the basement next to my work shop is going full tilt now making things better. Got my hair cut, yay! Dragged home groceries from 2 different stores, fed & watered all the animals & now I’m trying to get some embroidery work done. Not much spare time for me these days, haha. It’s snowing just a bit northwest from here so we’re lucky to just get rain I guess. Just got a text that my brother is home from the hospital already. I have to get back to her & find out if they have a visiting nurse & PT scheduled to make home visits, sure hope so.

PQ, sounds like you’re in for a super busy month ahead. It would be so nice if people would read their instructions & act like adults, haha. Hope it all works out without a lot of hassle.

Mick, sounds like we’re all in the same boast as far as healthcare & hospitals are concerned. Things worked just fine for decades until they brought the business men in & ruined everything.
                          Throwing nursing students out of their residences is just harsh & ridiculous & stupid!!!!

Slo, I think your Mom should consider herself damn lucky to not have mobility issues at her age, geez. A little sensitivity towards you & your sister would be nice.
                          Sorry your brother is drinking, mine does too. My younger brother told me he stopped all alcohol a year ago when he found he had A-fib. So much can go wrong with these aging bodies.

Cyn, hope you are comfy & OK.

Here’s Daisy, she likes her food now
                          F72033D2-3C15-48B0-86E3-F5122DACB40C.jpg

Have a nice night all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -
                            PPQ, good luck with all that stuff - it sounds chaotic!! I really hope that your check got into your account quickly.. that’s just ridiculous!

SLO, you are good to take your sister for the medical appt... and then you had some family time too - good for you!

Mick, I heard that you were going to get hit with rain... sorry, And good luck with all that. Britain really is in tough shape; I feel like Brexit was the beginning of a lot of difficulties for the country... the new PM gave excellent speeches when he stepped in... i wonder how he’s going to fare.
                            Good luck to you, stay dry and stay well, please.

Lav, congrats on getting kitty to eat “grownup” food... good job. I hope she lets you get to your machine... those lace ornaments are so great!! Thank you for the update on your brother... I hope he continues to gain strength. All our hospital systems seem so fragile... I wonder what the future of healthcare is...

Tired again tonight... I think it is just about getting used to the cold... somehow it seems particular frigid these recent days... I always walk a bit each day, but It’s been a challenge.

My internet stopped working suddenly, and when i used my phone to report it, I found that it is a wide area that is down... and then read that there are many outages all over the country this evening... I hope it’s not some kind of “attack”... I think Russia could do anything as punishment.

On that happy note, I will say goodnight... going to bed early and cuddling with my hot pad!

Wishing all well -
                            TG
                            Last edited by treegirl; November 15, 2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

hiya all ,how are we doing today then? all good I hope.Glad to report no rain here today at the moment ,We have had a fair drop of it recently.Was worried about the rabbits last night ...I fed them and left the container of chopped cabbage on top of the freezer in the garage,a chest freezer ...went to put them to bed ..and one or both of them had jumped up,pushed the container off and either one or both of them had the most of it .Checked them this morning and they both seem ok though ..lesson learned.
                              Im in the process of putting together a new project for the railway ,but I need to think it thru .

hiya Lav ,how are you doing ?that pic of Daisy looks ace ..Currently we have a gas fire in the hearth ,but Im looking at possibly putting a log burner in next year and changing the whole shape of the fireplace .Julies SIL ,her mother is 76 ,fell and broke her hip 4 days ago ..she is in hospital,but they have cancelled her operation 3 days on the bounce and got her doped up on morphine .Its a fkin disgrace scuse my language but it really annoys me ..fatcats getting richer on peoples health .

hiya teegee ...how are you doing? Yes we certainly got hit with the rain.this country seems to be stumbling from crisis to crisis ..it seems like no one is capable or brave enough to address the main issues .Quite easy really .1 stop economic migration ...2 address the issue of benefit scroungers 3 change the attitude of the country 4 stop listening to wokeism 5 get back in with Europe 6 address the issue of 2 teir Britain ..the rich fat cat business leaders and the "working"Britain. 7 deport foreign criminals . Now that may sound pretty Draconian,but it is the attitude of a large % of the population .I digress .hope you are managing with the cold ..the walking is good not only keeping warm ,but exercise too.You take care .

hiya ppqp...inflation ismad over here too ..its at its highest since 1981.Interesting ,we blame brexit ...and yet that doesnt figure with your scenario.I suspect its more to do with fuel/energy costs and also the shortage of materials due to the covid issue .Glad that you had a quieter day today .hope the weekend is good for you .

hiya Slo.yep we are both doing ok now ..despite him and party girl eating all the cabbage!hope all went well at the doctors with your fractured leg? any update?you take care .

What did the snail who was riding on the turtle's back say? Wheeeee!
                              I was going to tell a time traveling joke, but you guys didn't like it.
                              What do you call a lazy kangaroo? A pouch potato.
                              I used to run a dating service for chickens, but I was struggling to make hens meet.
                              Why do we tell actors to "break a leg?" Because every play has a cast.
                              What does a pig put on dry skin? Oinkment.
                              What do you call it when a snowman throws a tantrum? A meltdown.
                              My uncle named his dogs Timex and Rolex. They're his watch dogs.
                              Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off? He's all right now.
                              How do you open a banana? With a mon-key.

Comment

Working...
                              X