Jan 8 th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 8 th

mae all .how are we today then ? hope all is well.its raining over here,so I am nipping in and out with the rabbits ,trying to give them as much together time as I can.Things have certainly calmed down a lot since I put the fence up the way it is ,technically we are on day 4.Bonnie isnt too impressed she prefers sitting at a nice warm radiator..Its fascinating to watch their behaviour .

hiya Slo ,glad you had a good dinner for your birthday ,hope you have a good dime at your daughters..does she live far from you ? drive safe

hiya ppqp..hows you today then? hope all is well.Engine management light? piece of black masking tape is ideal for fixing it!!You need to go back to no on call weekends!!!

hiya teegee how are you doing today? hope all is well with you .thats a fair old task you have set yourself with your client...Im in limbo too....stuck between rabbit bonding and the need for a holiday ...both impaired by the weather!!!

hiya Lav how are you doing?hope all is well.Sounds like your childhood memories of that place didnt help either ..good move offski at the earliest opportunity.Amy is away to look at the cats today ...bet she comes back with one .Mnaged to break my glasses today,so I need to get them sorted tomorrow.I didnt see therm ..ha ha..hope today is going ok for you .

hiya Sam ..you good mate?

right folks time to go ...take care and have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Jan 8 th

MAE ALL...checking in early today. Just going to head out to pick up a few supplies to make my spaghetti sauce as a birthday present for a coworker. May get busy in the kitchen when I get back.

Mick...yes, I was quite surprised when I got the calls from work yesterday. I'm sure the boss will be apologizing tomorrow. LOL I can't believe the amount of rain you're getting. Glad the fence is helping. I light the black tape idea for the engine light. This will be the first time I've driven the car since my son looked at it so will see if the error light comes on again. At least I know it's been checked out and there's nothing going on.

Waves to everyone else, I will check in again later to see how everyone is....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Finally had a half decent sleep last night. These full moons are getting tiresome haha!
      We drove granddaughter home this afternoon then took her & her parents out for dinner. They’ve all had one hell of a week but everyone is good I think. My SIL’s 80 something mom is going to need lots of help getting organized. She’s one of those women who never handled money, has never even written a check - imagine that?? I’m sure this next phase is going to be exhausting for my SIL & his many siblings.

Mick, more rain? Sorry!! I think that would make me a little crazy haha!
      We’re supposed to have a little snow tonight, we’ll see. Do you keep your older glasses handy in case of breakage? I do, Lol
      After 8 years of Catholic school I started slowly moving away from the church altogether. I did go back & get married there only to please my mother. We ended up raining our kids at the Lutheran church where YB had been a lifelong member. I joined as well & it was a better fit for me. Eventually we stopped going, not for any particular reason. I just feel uncomfortable with all the ‘churchy people’ getting in your face & being too nosy. I can saw a prayer on my own without the group gatherings.
      Have you thought about bribing Bonnie to be a little kinder to Argyl??

PQ, I sure hope your car is OK. I’m imprisoned here without a car, there’s no where I can walk, haha!
      Time to turn your phone off on the weekends again I think. So glad you are feeling well & moving along. We all need to stick together for greater strength :hug:

Slo, it’s nice that you & your sister celebrated your birthday together.
      I hope you have a great toddler day tomorrow. Those were fun years with the grandkids, also very tiring! Hope your knee holds up well.

Cyn, it;s good that you can contact & work with your clients on Face time. I’m sure it’s not always easy but it sure beats doing all that traveling.
      Christmas was packed up & put away sooner than usual this year but that’s OK with me. Sometimes the extra clutter gets on my nerves a bit. We drove straight past Longwood Gardens yesterday & today & realized we haven’t been there to see the holiday decorations yet. The sign was flashing ‘tickets sold out’ both times too. We are members but still have to reserve tickets for timed entrances (Covid regulations). Speaking of Covid, my brother & SIL in CA are both down with Covid now & they have their 3 grandsons 6 & under there. I wish I could help them out, feel bad for them.

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det, hope you are all well.
      Have a nice night all,
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -
        I’m trying a new trick... logging on and reading posts, then logging off and on again to post. If I don’t, my posts go into nowheresville, and though I try to log off and on again it just goes to a blank screen, grrr. So cross fingers this works...

SLO, sounds like you’ve got your plan in place, that’s great... good luck with the knees and any other pains- hope that all gets sorted.

PPQ, I have a car that does the same thing... after all sorts of $$$ tests, I realized that I must put my foot only the brake and press before I turn the key... som sort of electrical signaling. If I remember to do that, all is well. Just sayin’ 😉

Mick is your daughter getting an additional cat, or is this a one-and-only? You have had SO much rain... I think at this point I prefer snow... powdery and dry, preferably. Sounds like your fence was the magic pill... I hope it keeps working (though I understand Bonnie wanting you go back to the radiator!) take care, stay dry!

Lav, I was looking at the Longwood Garden magnet, and was wondering if you had been there yet. (Sorry to hear about SIL’s mother... this will be a hard road...) How’s the new heater?

Sam,,here’s hoping that all are well now in your house... how is the new song coming along?

Well kids, time for me to shut eyes... long computer day... wishing all a good rest tonight...
        Hello to all stopping by...
        TG

Comment

Good morning!

I headed up for Beckett’s little 3rd birthday celebration yesterday. They live an hour and a half north of me -plus the half hour plus drive southeast to get my mother and bring her too. She really enjoyed the time with the three little ones -Huxley at 6 months, Mabel at 1 & 1/2 years, and Beckett excited about his birthday. No real problem with my knee since it’s a day of mostly sitting.

My sister was supposed to come too, but she went back to drinking, and couldn’t come because she wouldn’t be able to control all the shakes & sweats for that long.
          I’m sad & frustrated that she got a good six weeks or so AF in thanks to her broken foot -which is a good start! -but then went back to it again and is back in deep again with vodka. All this endless kindling can’t be good, and just digs one in deeper. But as we all know, there’s not much anyone can do about someone else’s drinking problem. I am tired of 30 years of this.

You must make a good homemade spaghetti sauce, PQ.
          That’s a great tip for the electronics in a car, TG!
          Make nice with Argyl, and then you can go sit by the radiator for a spell, Bonnie!
          Thankfully your son-in-law has a lot of siblings to help with their mother’s care, Lav. Hopefully they can all work together.
          Are you finishing the 400 feet of laurel today, Sam?
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

mae all...from a wet n windy Lancashire ..how are we all today then? all good?Broke my glasses yesterday ..smashed the frames,took them to the glasses gang this morning ,and lo and behold they managed to fix them ..saved me a bit of kerching.Had both rabbits out this morning ,swopped sides and yep Bonnie wanted to come back into radiatorsville..Im getting them out a little bit at a time due to the weather .

hiya teegee how are things with you today?Welcome to the land of wheres my post gone?Another idea is to cut and copy before you post .yep the kitten is another not as an only.Im hoping that this gets the rabbits sorted out ...its looking pretty good so far ,but early days yet.

hiya Lav ...yep more rain...strangely enough I slept well last night .Interesting what you said about the Catholic church .Julies mum was brought up by nuns ,when she was older she totally rejected the church because of her upbringing .As for the rabbits ...dont be fooled by the size of Argyl ....he can give as good if he wanted to ..He is only a young un and never bonded to another rabbit before.His attitude reminds me of a cross between Jeeves and Zeuss.. He never stops exploring ,,but when you put your hand in his hutch he growls at you until you stroke him .yep its time you went to Longwood ..

hiya ppqp.how are you doing? hope all is good with you.yep we are still getting loads of rain .....Im looking on ebay for snorkels for those 2 !how are you feeling?

hi Slo ...hows you today? hope all is good .

right folks thats me ...short and sweet ....
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL…

Busy day today after I realized there were a few things I neglected to do last week. Haha And of course childcare is back in so the building is busy once again. Boss wondered how the part time staff got my cell phone number, he didn’t give it to them. Oh well, I’m sure that was a one off.

Lav…Nice of you take the family out for dinner last night. I’m sure they appreciated it. It does sound like things may be a little exhausting for everyone to get things organized. I believe the car is ok even if I continue to get the error message. Son thinks it could be a fuse or something that’s triggering the alert. He will investigate further.

TG…your post worked yesterday. LOL I tried your suggestion of putting my foot on the brake before turning on the car when I left this morning and no alert. Unfortunately, when I popped out at noon today I forgot to do that and got the alert. I will try your trick again when I go home tonight.

Slo…glad you didn’t have any problems with your knee yesterday. Sorry about your sister, just as well she didn’t go. You are absolutely right that you can’t do anything about someone else’s drinking. Not to pat myself on the back but I do make a fine spaghetti sauce. I’ve given the recipe and instructions to my co-worker but she says she just can’t get it to taste like mine. I originally came from my twin sister so I’m glad I have it.

Mick…what luck that they were able to fix your glasses. It’s got to be frustrating to get the rabbits out just to have to bring them back in. I’m doing great. 2 days off the meds and all’s well. I have a one-on-one with the boss tomorrow so hopefully I’ll find out more of what’s going on with the prog coord.

Well, I’ve killed enough time so now I can go home. LOL Shout out to Det, Paul & Sam. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Had the day to start catching up on a few things around here. No snow last night, so much for Accu Weather, haha.
                We have to get snow eventually, it could be waiting until late March when I’m ready to start gardening.

Cyn, all the newer cars require you to press the brake before starting the engine - I know mine does.
                The new heater is great, keeping my fingers crossed that it will last as long as we do, haha. Three new heaters in a house that’s not quite 20 years old is ridiculous.
                I’ll find my way to Longwood at some point, it’s just been a crazy season.

Slo, that was nice you took your mom to the birthday celebration. Sorry to hear your sister is drinking, that’s such a shame.do you think it’s a depression thing with her? I ask only because that was my issue & trying to drink your low moods away definitely does not work. I hope she gives AF life another try real soon. Good that your knees allowed you to enjoy the weekend.

Mick, still sorry about the rain but you really lucked out with the glasses haha!!!
                Bonnie is a smart girl wanting out of the rain. I hope the bonding picks up this week & everyone is happy. Yeah, I always found the Catholic church to be depressing & absolutely oppressive to women. They couldn’t beat compliance into me Lol.

PQ, glad the car is holding up for you.
                Yep it was nice to have a pleasant relaxing dinner last evening with the family. Now today my SIL is on his way to Boston for business meetings, my daughter is back to work & I hope his mother can manage on her own for a few days. Good luck catching up at work this week

Hello to the rest of the gang & wishing everyone a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Mick - so glad to hear that your glasses were able to be mended! I keep one old pair around just in case I misplace my current ones, (or sit on them, as the case may be...). Oh TRUST ME there is never a post that I do not copy... otherwise I would have gone stark raving mad by this point. The problem is that I have to log on and off several times before it lets me back to the thread... whatever... it mostly happens when I use my phone, which is ancient (6!) ... when I get brave enough to move up to a "modern" phone, things will probably work. Glad there are some good signs of bonding... it will take the time it takes I guess.

Lav, I hope that you are enjoying your time at home, now that you can finally settle in... what a whirlwind you have been having. What's going on with your cooking? Any new and fun ideas? I am having a guest stay with me on Wednesday, and I am in a panic... It's been a long time since I had to have food around for "normal" people! Greet all the furry ones for me...

SLO, oh what a sad situation with your sister... I'm sorry for you, and sad that those 6 weeks didn't stick... but if she was only waiting around until she could drink again, I guess that happens. Maybe someday she'll take your example and "work a plan". Glad you had a good time with your mom... and my, what a triad of little ones right in a row! Things much be hopping around there...

PPQ, I really think the "pressing the brake" trick works... our cars were probably built before Lav's which won't let you start w/o having the brake pressed... but we can easily do the work-around!

Sam, I hope things are well with you. Keep the Covid bugs away!

Cheers to all, and here's to better sleep now that the full moon is waning. (Though it was really beautiful when full... )

May we be well -
                  TG

Comment

OK, just gotta say, it happened again, this time on my computer... I'm starting to take this personally. I press Post. It doesn't post, logs me off. I log on and it takes me to a blank screen, I do that several times, then hit the back button several times to get back to the thread, hit "post" once again, and then it works.

Clearly I have to get my "electrical vibes" polished off and in order... :victorious:

Comment

Screenshot_20230110_165010_Gallery.jpg

Comment

Good evening all!

Lots of clouds but no rain or snow here today. Went in for an official BP check, still doing well off that nasty med. Will go for a recheck in 6 months.
                        Starting on an antibiotic for 5 days due to my hands being chewed up by the kitten & my dog, grrrr.

Wow Mick it looks great!!! Good job
                        What’s next on the list for you??

Cyn, sorry you’re having such a tough time posting. I’ll have to try Googling that issue & see if I can find a reason for that. Sometimes it’s as simple as clearing out all the cookies in your browser but who knows?
                        I made a pot of chicken pot pie soup today. It’s simple & filling, maybe you can do something like that for your guest. I went mostly with the recipe on the back of the pot pie squares but jazzed it up with some onion & celery cooked with the diced chicken thighs, used reduced sodium chicken broth & added some thyme (my favorite flavor). There was no milk or flour in it like I see in some recipes.
                        Hope yOur day was a good one

PQ, how was your day?
                        Slo, babysitting today?

Hello to Sam, Pauly. Det,

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…had a good day, nice and steady with no drama. LOL Weather continues to be mild so that’s a blessing. If you can believe it I'm starting to work on Spring programs. I never know what season I'm in.

Lav…oh to be able to start gardening in March (sigh!) Sounds like everyone is scattering now, hope there’s more family around to help out with the mother. Can’t believe you’re on antibiotics because of the cat and dog. Ouch.

TG…I never post using my phone, it’s as ancient as yours. Tried the “pressing the brake” trick today. No error message this morning on way to work. Again, leaving the grocery store at lunch time it was ok but as I was heading back to work it came on. Thought it was going to work but alas no. Enjoy your guest tomorrow. Don’t know how to help you with the posting glitches. Perhaps if you clear your cache for the site it might help.

Mick…wow, a picture is worth a thousand words eh? LOL

Shout out to Det, Pauly and Sam. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all..how are we then?hope all is good ...just a quick one..I tried to get on the forum earlier but to no avail ..kept getting timed out ..Rained most of the day here,got the rabbits out for a little while .The castle is a lot further on that pic ..I was up till 1 am doing it.Im out at yoga tonight ...

apologies for the short post

Comment

As I was reading and getting ready to post last night, the site crashed. Now we’re up & running again!

That’s right, Lav -I was babysitting Huxley yesterday. Gosh he’s getting cute! 6-month-olds are cuties. I got lots of kisses & cuddles, and dinner out with Huxley & daughter too!

Hogwarts is looking swell! Now I see what you mean by the rocks, Mick. I like the moss on the rocks too.

We had sun yesterday!! Back to cloudy today.

I was raised Catholic by a Catholic mother and a dad who had been raised Lutheran -the same as my ex-husband. My three siblings who married all married Lutherans and converted to that.

I have always pressed on the brake when I start my car too, Lav. The “low tire pressure” light always comes on when the temp is significantly below zero, so I’ve learned to ignore that one.

I finally upgraded my 6S iPhone exactly two years ago.

Hope you turned the corner on your illness, TG.

I am gaining weight, and need to stop stress-eating carbs and fat.
                              I tried to go without CBD oil on my knee for a couple days. Big mistake! I ordered some more.

Wishing you all a steady, drama-free day!
                              Last edited by Slo; January 11, 2023, 12:23 PM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                              X