22 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 Jan

hoiya all..hope we are good .Just popped in to see if anyone had been on .Pretty cold over here today ,never went detecting ,the ground would have been solid so didnt bother .Rabbits have been out for most of the day .they are slowly getting more and more used to each other .Hope everyone is doing ok...still nothing from ppqp,
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 22 Jan

Hi, Mick. I thought I’d wait until you started the thread. Well at least the rabbits can be out since it’s not raining. I guess metal detecting might have to wait until nearly summertime, after the Spring thaw. Otherwise the ground is either too wet or too frozen.

I sure hope PQ is ok.

I took the sleep fairy, Lav; because I’ve been taking too much potassium and magnesium to help me sleep well at night, that I’m sleepy all day! At least I think that’s what’s going on. So now I’m trying to adjust that. Maybe you need a little potassium to balance out the magnesium that you take? Just a little though! Don’t end up like me!

I’m just in a bad funk. I saw my ex-husband yesterday at the swim meet at daughter’s college, and sat with him, and we took daughter out for dinner together; and now I’m just sad. I still love him, difficult though he is. It just pulled on me too much, and I’ve been crying all day. It was after dropping daughter off at college last year for her Freshman year, and driving home together, that he said that he would be filing for divorce for sure. I had been having a change of heart and trying to save the marriage over the Summer. Before that I was mighty sick of everything. I had been realizing, though, that he was more vulnerable than I thought…like realizing that his behavior was perhaps being driven more by social anxiety below the anger & arrogance; and also by ignorance & cluelessness rather than being intentional…so I was ready to try again to try to love him. But alas, it was too late. I had blown it. And it was all just too close yesterday, and too painful.
    Ah well. This is all probably for the best, all things considered. But grief comes in waves -diminishing waves, thankfully -but here it is again. Tears are cleansing though.

TQ, you drove twice as far as me! But the same, since I drove round-trip in one day. I thought about continuing on to MN to visit someone on Sunday today -btu then I’d have a 6-hour drive home! Your trip sounds very nice and a good idea.
    Last edited by Slo; January 22, 2023, 05:51 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings folks,

Very nice to see PQ checking in on the old thread. PQ, wishing you a speedy recovery. We have missed you as I hope you know :hug:

Mick, we finally got the heavy rain this afternoon. It’s snowing in areas north & west of here so I guess we’re lucky. Sorry you couldn’t go detecting today. Spring should be better, right? Good to hear the bunnies are warming up to each other a bit.

Slo, I’m sorry you’re feeling low. It must be difficult to spend time with your ex for so many reasons. Perhaps if he had gotten some help with his anxiety & anger issues things would be different. We just can’t make someone get the help we know they need. I have to admit i did offer to put a bullet in YB’s head 20 years ago when we were busy building this house & I found out about some of his behaviors. He either had to go to a psychiatrist or I was pulling the trigger. That’s how bad he had become. He chose the psychiatrist & it helped, at least for a while. People can be so damn difficult
      You have proven that you’re a lot stronger & acknowledged that you deserve a better life. Don’t rethink your decisions, keep moving forward & be kind to yourself most of all. Remember we can continue to love someone from a distance like I did for 4 years when YB lost his sh*t & left with no explanation. You’re going to be OK :hug:

Cyn, I hope you are OK & safe wherever yo are at the moment.

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det.
      Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all...how are we today then? hope everyone is doing ok ..Its a tropical 3 degrees over here today!!no frost no ice nothing .Put both rabbits tentatively together yesterday for a couple of minutes ,though Im going to wait properly till their nails are clipped.

ppqp...lovely to hear from you .How are you feeling now?get better soon.Yep I hate using my phone ..

hiya Lav how are you doing today then?hope all is well.

Slo, how are you doing ,? yes the detecting will wait till the crops come out and the weather changes ...gone are the day of getting up at silly oclock and venturing off in the freezing rain to the middle of nowhere. As the Queen said ,grief is the price we pay for love ..now ,life goes on ,and we have to accept it in all its entire form ,and make the most of it.Its made up of choices and paths ,its up to us to choose which way we go ,and sometimes causes us hurt pain and grief .I have no right or knowledge of what you can or should do ,but all I can say is make the most of life ..make the most of it .I was told once at a crossroads in my life ,that life isnt a rehearsal,make the most of it ...and its true ...

hiya teegee....how are you today? where are you and what are you up to ? whatever it is take care .

a big hello to everyone else .

just had the rabbits outside together ..initially they were very apprehensive then ignoring each other ,then eating then nipping at each other to work out who is going to be boss ...stopped it there ..until they get their claws clipped ,but both on separate sides of the garden now.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

The SUN is out! Oh joy! I love it! Otherwise cold, and some fresh snow on the ground.

PQ, I hope your lung is getting better, and I hope they’re treating you well at the hospital.

TG, are you still in Minnesota? Do they still have a ton of snow on the ground? They had some near record snowfalls this year. Maybe you’re making the long drive home today.

Lav, you really got pushed to your limit with YB back then! And right when you were already committed to building the new house together. Yikes. I’m thankful that it got reasonably well worked out for you & him eventually.

Mick, I hope your mouth continues to heal each day, and that the repaired implant will function as good as new.
          Oooh, making another step forward with getting the bunnies together! Little by little…I have to clip Boyd’s nails today.

That queen was a smart lady. Grief is the price of love! I guess it’s worth it, because what could be better than love? “ ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” That smart Shakespeare probably said that.
          You’re right, Lav; I can still love him from a distance.
          When I talked to my young aunt last night, and said I probably shouldn’t have wanted to end my marriage, she said, “Um, -NO! Slo, you were being BROW-beaten!!”
          I didn’t know she saw that, since she seemed to really like my ex. And she probably does like him; but could see apparently that it was a bad and unacceptable situation for me. I feel so relieved. Like I did make the right decision…and when I get muddled and think otherwise, I can now just quickly say this word “brow-beaten!” to myself and quickly reorient.

Thanks for helping pull me out of my slump. Life is for living! We have to make choices and choose paths, and then it keeps going in the new directions -but life is for living! This isn’t a dress rehearsal, so make the most of it!
          Last edited by Slo; January 23, 2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Finally able to get on to the internet. Wouldn't you know it, raring to go this morning, Doc scheduling xray first thing to see about pulling the tube and the next thing I know, the Alberta Healthcare Services System crashed province wide. No internet/network access for anyone. Most things cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow, including me. Did get a great physio therapy round in, the therapist quite shocked and pleased at how much I've improved. Parts of the service are coming back up but most staff not allowed to log in till tomorrow morning. The network I'm logged into is a free wifi at the hospital and it's open which I don't like so won't spend a lot of time online.

Slo...isn't it amazing what people see and we never know about it. So glad you talked to your aunt, it just validates what you knew was the right decision.

Lav...we finally got a few flurries this morning but everything has moved off already. Temps above freezing all week and when I get home it's back to the deepfreeze. It figures right!

Mick...glad to hear there's been a little progress the rabbits. Good plan on waiting till after the death nails are clipped. Reminds me I need to work on my feet. LOL

Shout out to Sam, TG and everyone else. Keeping this short to keep out of trouble. Will check in again tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Woke up to a chilly rain that turned into snow for a bout a half hour then back to rain, ridiculous. Another storm is headed this way on Wednesday & I think it will do the same thing. I feel bad for the ski resorts, but not too bad, Lol

Mick, happy to hear about the bunny progress, nice. Sounds like positive progress with those two. I have to take Beast in for a Vet check tomorrow & will get his nails clipped AGAIN. My upper legs look like Swiss cheese from hm climbing on me, ugh!

Slo, people can be more observant than we realize. I’m glad your aunt spoke up so now you know. You deserve peace & appreciation & positive reinforcement, not brow beating.
              Yes, I really hit the wall with YB back then. It came after many years of lying & shitty behavior on his part. He was an excellent gas-lighter & it just had to STOP, one way or the other. I still hold a lot of resentment but I understand his childhood experiences made him develop that coping mechanism. We just want to live our lives in peace, right? Glad you’re feeling more positive now.

PQ, damn woman, I can’t believe you. A spontaneous pneumothorax, geez!!! I’m happy you are on the mend, we need your voice here :hug:
              Now that you haven’t had a smoke in more than a week - consider yourself permanently QUIT, please. Let us know if you need anything.

Hello cyn, hope yuo are safe somewhere.

Have a good night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

I’m back home safe and sound... I’m not sure I posted... I got a wild idea to drive up to my dear life-friends in MN and see them (and a performance some were in...). Weather looked good, so I just hopped in the car Friday, spent 2days, saw another friend this morning and then drove back. Very wonderful to see dear friends...

But I am sort of worn out at this point! So I’ll be brief... but... PQ!?!? I have to read back... what?! I hope you are mending there in the hospital... I’ll read back and find out what’s up.

SLO, big hugs. One of the most powerful things someone said to me about not drinking AL was “never question the decision.” I personally have found that phrase to be useful in so many life applications... So, it sounds like you set good boundaries, and can be proud of keeping them... grief may come and go, but your self-respect is so important...

Lav, wow, I remember those rocky times you went through... but you were such a great example... you set boundaries and expectations, and it was all clear and consistent. A wonderful lesson in protecting, growing, and staying whole. Thank you for that! 💜

Mick, sorry about the weather and detecting... It sounds like the rabbits are getting closer to settling their differences and just getting on with it? Hope so. I had a chance to be with some furry friends this weekend, and it was SO lovely... here’s hoping the sun will shine on you soon!!

Cheers to all,
                TG

Comment

mae all.how are we today then? hope we are all good .Just put the rabbits outside ...had them both together for a little bit ,still battling for power .weather is dry but overcast.

hiya teegee welcome home .dont know where you get those up and offski ideas from ...but good for you......

hiya Lav ,how are you doing?by the way ,...the weather over here is improving ...weve had the snow and all of that ,so it would be appreciated if you kept it over there ..muchos gracias ..yes ,they are going to the vets on Thursday ..Im at the dentist tomorrow..that should be interesting ..and painful.Heres Amys kitten ...she has called it Binky ...havent a clue why !!

IMG-20230124-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230124-WA0001.jpg

hiya ppqp...how are you feeling today? hope you are feeling better.I guess you are getting discharged today? you take care of yourself ..Is your son going to be there when you get home ....

hiya Slo ...well glad you have the sun ..not so impressed with the fresh snow though...Mouth is starting to heal,pity it gets ripped open to bits tomorrow!!I was going to cut the rabbits claws myself but not so confident..Yes life is choices ,and sometimes we make the wrong uns ..think positive ..

right folks hope we all have a good day....

I don't want to brag, I finished the puzzle in under a week and it said 2-4 years on the box.

I know a lot of jokes about unemployed people but none of them work.

My dog is a genius... I asked him what is two minus two, he said nothing.

My boss told me to have a good day.. so I went home.

What musical instrument do you find in the bathroom? A tuba toothpaste

My neighbor suntans topless, my wife is against it but I am on the fence.

Why did it take so long for the pirates to learn the Alphabet? They got stuck at C

I'm so good at sleeping. I can do it with my eyes closed.

My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So I had to put my foot down.

326789586_1223688938316665_2377826529403083669_n.jpg
                  Last edited by Mick; January 24, 2023, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Believe it or not we just stood out on the deck & watched a rocket launch from Wallops Island, Virginia!!!! We’ve witnessed a few other from the same launch pad, pretty cool. It takes nearly 2 minutes after lift off until we can get a glimpse.
                    Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day although I did take the Beast to the vet for a checkup & more shots. He’s 5.2 lbs now, getting big.

Cyn, glad you had such a successful trip. I’m sure you’re tired after all that driving. Hope you’re resting up now.

Mick, glad you’re getting a break from the rain but now we’re getting a storm every other day, haha. Oh well, it has to go somewhere I guess.
                    I hope the rabbits realize how lucky they are in your care. When I told the vet about the kitten biting me so much she said to keep a spray bottle handy & get him in the face, it will stop him pretty quickly. So here I am with a spray bottle ready to go haha. Amy’s kitten is very cute. I hope Binky isn’t a biter too!!!

Slo, how did your day go? Were you on grandmom duty today? I am amazed on a daily basis just how quickly my 14 yr old grandson is maturing. When he gets in my car after school I feel like I’m talking to another adult. No more little buddy

PQ, I’ve been thinking about you & hoping for the best for you :hug:

Hello to Sam, Pauly &Det.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...making my posts quick as this public wifi is really flaky.

Good day today...xray at 7am resulted in pulling the tube out around noon. Plan now is to wean off pain meds and oxygen tonight/tomorrow. I then have to pass the stair test by physio before they'll sign off. If all goes well should be discharged on Thursday.

Shout out to everyone and when I'm on a more stable network I will post more. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we doing today then? hope all good .Julie has gone down to see Amy ,whilst I went to the dentist ..I spent 58 pretty sore minutes in the chair ,but its done now ..Raining here today ,but not as bad as it has been doing .
                        hiya Lav ,how are you doing today then? hope all is good ..the beast is certainly putting weight on ..5.2 wow ...Im taking these 2 to the vets tomorrow....put them together again yesterday ...started off ok ,but then it turned into a bit of a spat ....as you do ...neutralised with the famous spray bottle ..and then put on separate sides of the fence ..and then they sit together copying each other.Nice to see the rocket going up..

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing today ? hope things are positive today.Are you off the pain meds?you take care of yourself ...

hiya Slo and teegee, hope you are well .

Comment

Good morning! I got too tired to post last night. Yes, yesterday was my day with that cute little Huxley! He turned 7 months old yesterday. I spent the evening with them too, and got to share a meal with them, and get to see my son-in-law too, and see how cute they are as a little family with their baby. Such nurturing parents!
                          Daughter sprained her thumb/wrist area acutely, so I wanted to stay around to help her with a few more things like his bath and nail-trimming, walking dog, fold more laundry, etc. And show them how to feed a baby…counteract all that crap on the Internet such as “baby-led weaning” that unduly influences this crop of new parents …they’re not going to get full if you just throw an orange wedge on their high chair tray! Yikes! Been down this road already with D1 too…grrr.

And now it’s getting late, and I have to get to the car dealership soon for a recall repair, so will post more later.

Comment

MAE ALL....check in today is positive.

I am off all pain meds and oxygen. I also passed my stair test this morning. So everyone has signed off except that they want an ultrasound done of my heart. Heart ultrasounds are backlogged right now. As far as my PT feels the proof of how I'm doing is watching me walk up and down stairs with no change in my BP or O2. Hopefully will get the ultrasound soon, or have it scheduled for a later date. It feels like I may be going home tomorrow but we will see.

Once I'm back on my secure network I will post longer. Thanks for all your encouragement....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

We were supposed to have snow before the rain today but never saw a flake. The chicken yard look like a giant mud hole haha! Regardless of the weather I got out for a hair cut, picked up necessities & gave my grandson a ride home from school. At least I feel like I accomplished something today. I’m starting to get that urge for gardening but I know it’s way too early.

PQ, sounds like you’re doing great, I’m happy for you! Remember now, you are an ex-smoker, right??
                              I hope they get that US done quickly so yo can go rest in your own home!

Mick, you had yet another grueling Dentist trip, sorry. Hopefully this will be the last for a good long time.
                              The Beast was a bit more subdued today. Maybe yesterday’s shots finally got to him, who knows? I’ve never witnessed a bunny fight, I hope that never happens. I was on my way home this afternoon & had to stop & wait for a large flock of turkeys to cross the road, just around the corner from my house. So we really are surrounded by turkeys here, I though so

Slo, sounds like your Huxley day was good. Nice to be able to help your daughter out with chores & baby care. I never listened to anyone but myself when it came to feeding babies. The so called experts come up with some pretty goofy ideas these days. Common sense still prevails if you let it, right?

Cyn, hope you’re resting up & comfy today.

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X