X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread for December 29th, 2008

Happy New Year Mod Squad!!!

:yes2: I'm first!!
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid, I am not part of the Mod Squad and do not appreciate you posting my title there. Please edit this.
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hey Gang,
        We had fun, fun, fun at the party and I was SO proud to keep my pact with Kid and the gang. Got there at 8:30 and had 2 wines with water in between the drinks. Saved the third for the midnight toast. Was in control, sang (karyoke) and it was fun, fun, fun and I felt so much better this year as I didn't overdrink. There's always that concern of "Did I make a fool of myself?" In this case, not!
        By the way...won the first prize!! Tacky gifts as it was a tacky party - but loved that Wal-mart card among the other things like my pink pelicans and tiara!!
        J-Vo twin - Glad to see you back.
        Lila, missed your post about feeling down so wanted to say I hope you're feeling better.
        Sara-I agree about the movie. Not appropriate for kids from what I remember but a lot of the stuff is over their heads so that may have been where hubby was coming from. Anyway, hope you're both doing better.
        LTG - struggled to comment on your post or not as I don't know you. Just wanted to say I know Kid didn't mean to offend you in any way. Someone had asked who was on the mod squad and I think he just listed all of the names of people who had posted recently.
        Kid- Being you're fairly new to our board you can edit that post with LTG's name on it. Go back to the
        original post and edit her name out of the list.
        Have a wonderful New Year's everyone! Here's to a successful 09 whether it's modding or AF - we're all here just trying to help each other and that's what life is all about!
        Big hugs,
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning Crew!

Eve,
          Sounds like loads of fun and you held the line too!! It's going to be a GREAT year, yes?
          I updated our list..Who wanted that list anyway? I guess it's good to have if we haven't heard from one of our friends in awhile.
          For members only: Your membership cards, glow-in-the-dark decoder rings, and alarm whistles will go out in the mail today. :H

>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
          Make it a GREAT day!!!
          -Kid-

PS; For non-members: a complimentary packet of seeds (if any one is "looking-to-grow")

........... (includes seeds for joy,tolerance, patience, understanding and all sorts of useful goodies for the new year!)
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Good Morning and Happy New Year Mod Squad!

I can't wait for my mod-squad membership card to arrive, and I definitely need a decoder ring. :H Can I use it to decode marital communications and misunderstandings?

Eve, I am so happy that you're happy...That's wonderful! What a great story of "modding"...Fun without the down-side.

My evening was basically a drag....After "the 'Airplane' incident" we moved on to the Three Stooges marathon. Now I could get all uptight about the stooges as role models for 3 little boys, but I won't. The kids got a huge kick out of them, and hearing their laughter is always a joy. I pushed for putting the two little guys to bed at 10:00, leading to a little more stress with hubby. We agreed to let our nine year old stay up until midnight, which ultimately meant that hubby fell asleep by 10:30, and my son and I watched multiple episodes of The Three Stooges. I probably could have enjoyed that, except that I was tired and a little annoyed that this was how the evening turned out. I guess I might have liked a little romance, but it never comes along when I envision it, only when I least expect it. Maybe that's life with little kids.

As I look back on the evening, I'm thinking Hubby's alcohol consumption (three Margaritas, I believe) as well as my own (two glasses of red wine) may have played a part. It's not that it was a lot, but perhaps just enough to make us both a little pissy.

Okay, onward and upward...A New Year, and great hopes for health and happiness for all!
            Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

hi Modders
              I had a very nice New Year's Eve. And I feel good about the New Year. There is a lot on my plate right now, but the whole idea of a new year beginning always energizes me.
              J-vo, nice to see you back. Are you doing better?
              Also, with January starting, it feels like winter is, well, not winding down, but starting to wind down. Me, I live for summer! And this year I do know I will get in shape!
              Happy New Year everybody!
              Lila

Comment

New Year; New PACTs?

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
                * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
                (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
                Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

JAMMS: Started "the program" AF until Thursday Jan. 15th (good luck)

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,janie
                St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
                Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,
                Zed, One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,J-vo,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)

Comment

Well, its a bit early in the year for grumpiness, isn't it?
                  Kid- we all love you!

Had a great New years at a party( but not as fun as yours sounds, Eve!) and only had 1 champagne. Stuck to the plan even though it was an undeclared one. I think the cds are helping- seems to take away the desire to down 'em.
                  j-vo I was wondering where you were glad to heear from you.
                  Sun and DeeBee glad your back-
                  Sara I am totally with you on the AL contributing to the domestic probs- spent years doing that. Good for you not caving to the old bandaid-another drink! You keep strong my friend.
                  My word of the year is CONVERSION. I am moving out of the old me and converting to a new, sober, happy one!
                  Have a great day.
                  Your ST. J
                  Toughen up!

Comment

Happy New Year to All

Wanted to wish all of you a very happy and satisfying New Year. I have great hopes for all of our dreams and aspirations for 2009. Together I believe we can help each other grow and achieve great things!

Kid: I want to thank you for you wonderful contributions to this thread. You have a caring and gentle but also very informed approach. . . you've added greatly both in structure (pacts, listing the names, etc) and sharing of yourself. Thank you.
                    DeeBee great to see you back, and we must trade stories about our 14 year old daughters some day.
                    J-Vo also great to see you back. Enjoy your posts
                    Eve, good for you winning the "most trashy" prize: I might have been inhibited lol.
                    Lila; sounds like a nice quiet New Years with many hopes for 2009. I love summer too, but don't believe we've seen the end of winter in the NE, at least.
                    Sara, sorry about the upset on NY, but you handled it really well. Glad you came here to vent, and it's really GOOD you didn't take the extra drink: that's a downfall of mine.
                    Sunbeam: Still thinking up "celebration" ideas. Do we get "1 year anniversary" wishes? I have some - particularly for more tolerance or even "promotion" of mods on the MWO boards.
                    Hi to all the rest.
                    I miss Vlad, Periwinkle, Zed, Jamms and Ducky (PS Kid: Ducky should be on the list: she's an oldie but goodie modder).

I am still thinking about my 2009 goals.. . not to be taken lightly as I will need to commit and follow through.

Best to all!

Ask

PS: I think I'll take the decoder ring too

Comment

Whoa!!! What a feakin' two weeks!!!!

Hello Everyone.....Happy New Year!!!!! Managed to stay sober last night, some beers and champagne but not enough to do any damage. Xmas was another story but that's all behind us now. I missed you all and thought of you often over the holidays. :l

Kid- I've started the MWO program so for the next 2 weeks I am AF, I do not have a calendar in front of me right now but, that's my plan.

Sara- I understand about the movie, my little one always wants to watch "the family guy" no freakin' way, not appropriate for a 7 year old..."the little rascals" is good to watch with them....my son loves it.

Ask- Thanks for missing me. Hope all is well with you.
                      :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Hi, Janie...Nice to *meet* you.
                        Toughen up!

Comment

Stepchildren....

Ask, Janie and others;
                          I go to the subscriber threads periodically to look around, but unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be alot there for "modders". I'm perfectly happy here but I notice that you all are subscribers and I wonder what threads you frequent in the subscriber area.
                          ~Kid~
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey Janie: Welcome Aboard! This is a great thread to support your modding goals. Would love to see you again soon!

Kid: RE: your question about Subscribers: Although I believe there are many modders on Subs there is not much discussion of drinking there. .. more a daily check in of folks who been around a long time and know how to have fun. .. Lots of laughs. . . Good camaraderie. In that past months there has been upsetness and tension, claims that the old timers are "cliqueish' etc etc but in my humble opinion I think the root of the problem is the mods/ abs tension inherent on this site. There are ABS folks who REALLY have difficulty with the idea of supporting modders, and some have ventured to say that "many" of those who mod are in essence not in control, etc etc.

So that being said, Subs is a great place to be as long as you don't talk about modding - not because there aren't lots of modders who would agree, but because there are also ABS folks who are skeptical and vocal.
                            Oh well. Kind of a strange dynamic on a site that offers mods hope, don't you think? It's one of my least favorite aspects of MWO.

But we are MWO members too and this Mods thread is a very important source of support, so we need to work together to support each other and then make that support known to the broader community.

Hope that helps.

Ask

Comment

Thanks...

That helps immensely!

Ask For Help;507997 wrote: ...in my humble opinion I think the root of the problem is the mods/ abs tension inherent on this site. There are ABS folks who REALLY have difficulty with the idea of supporting modders, and some have ventured to say that "many" of those who mod are in essence not in control, etc etc.

So that being said, Subs is a great place to be as long as you don't talk about modding - not because there aren't lots of modders who would agree, but because there are also ABS folks who are skeptical and vocal.
                              Oh well. Kind of a strange dynamic on a site that offers mods hope, don't you think? It's one of my least favorite aspects of MWO.

But we are MWO members too and this Mods thread is a very important source of support, so we need to work together to support each other and then make that support known to the broader community.

Hope that helps.

Ask
                              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

I guess I'd better get moving then!

Damn,
                                All that energy on the "Plans' thread; I better get off my butt and do something!
                                I hope everyone DOES make a plan for 2009, and that a year from now they are moderating well; feeling healthier, happier and on the road that finds them closer to being the kind of people they want to be.
                                Sara, are you starting the "Program" today, or just coincidently AF? Is it 2 weeks AF starting today? I might do that too, if I can think of a good reason :H. I'll let it percolate awhile...
                                Otherwise, I'm going to start formulating a plan and get it posted later.
                                It's going to be a great day!
                                ~Kid~
                                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X