Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Eaaaaaasy there upnorthgirl...you 'shot your wad' with the mug, massager, and cocoa....therefore your server will need to be more along the lines of Richard Simmons or Gilbert Gottfried......in Simmon's case, I think the speedo is a given.............and sun, when the hell did pink become green? Wally, help me out here, will ya?
    Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Poor Renewal...LOL!!
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all :new: I'm Summer09 from OZ, this is my first attempt to go Af then Mod with outside help. I have my sups, discs and will see my Dr for the 2nd time this afternoon, after some convincing he is going to prescribe me Topa. It doesn't seem to be used here as anti-craving very often yet. For the last year I have been having 10+ drinks during the week and more on weekends I turn 30 this year and am determined to get it together for myself and my 3 beautiful (even if stressful) kids. Thanks for being so welcoming!! I love the advice and see myself in so many newbies. Great thread! Oh almost forgot I am day 4 AF (first time in 4yrs excluding my pregnancy's) Has been super hard, never new I could ache so much, but am feeling pretty proud. One day at a time hey!!

xx Summer09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Summer and welcome! Keep up the good work. How can we help you?
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Great to have you here summer09'...........you're gonna fit right in here....congrat's on your 4 days AF!! And yeah, one day at a time...isn't that the truth. Again, welcome to our family.
            Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies,
              I've got my suitcase with me and would love to move in now. I've been around MWO for a little while, since last Sept. Went AF for while, started to mod, failed going right back to my dreaded, depressing life. Not that my life would be depressing if I'd get my shit together!

I love coming to MWO for the support and caring individuals here. The experienced MWOer's are incredible, making others feel welcomed with their endless and invaluable advice. Thank you!

I've been AF since Jan. 3rd - that makes, oh shit! What day is it? The 15th. Ok - 13. My math has always been a little weak. I went AF for 70 days back in Sept. and that was a first for many, many years of heavy binge drinking. Binged on weekends which eventually led up to almost daily.

So, that's me, some of me in a nutshell. Thanks for the invitation!!

p.s. Universal - can you share Brad with me? Wait, Renewal might take that the wrong way. I'll have him AFTER you do.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Renewal and LTG, I am a little nervous about the Topa, the side affects mainly. My Dr has never prescribed it for anti-craving before... but after reading through the Topa thread really want to try it. Also I have 3 kids under 5 so my house is sooo noisy all of the time!! Alcohol was my quiet place, in my mind. I tried yesterday to go for a bath when my craving was bad, my 1yr old and 3yr old were fighting the whole time and when i got out realised my 1yr old had painted my computer in cereal!!! LOL But this is my daily life and I know I need other ways to deal with the stress for me and them!

xx Summer09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Welcome j-vo....great to have you here. Just place your suitcase on the branch over there...and yeah, go ahead with your initial plan with you, universal and..........I'll just be over here relaxing in my green robe. Looks like you've had some success with going AF for long periods of time....any tips you'd like to offer everybody? Summer09', I'll let the others advise about Topa as I haven't used any of the meds.....but about stress reduction, you DO need a plan and some outlets. The kids actions aren't going to magically disappear, because, well,.....they're kids. However, how you react to them can, and perhaps needs to change for your own (and their own) good. What relaxes you that you can implement?
                  Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds homey

:new: Just came in yesterday. Chatted with alot of nice people. Doing good slowing down. Only 2 beers 2day so far. It's 7 pm. Was home all day and drank tea for the most part. Didn't really have the desire to drink. Now I have to get thru the night. Yesterday wound of having 10 beers instead of my goal of 5. That's over a 13 hour period. Better than a pint and half of vodka. I wanna be off everything by Sat. How am I doing? :welcome: likewise to all newcomers.:thanks:
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Summer09! Congrats, you are well on your way! And you already have 4 days AF under your belt! Way to go! I also can't say anything about the Topa... have not used it and don't plan on doing so in the future. I do have the supplements... *ahem* now, all I have to do is actually TAKE them!

Hey j-vo... too cool.. you've already lost count! 13 days is awesome, my dear! And welcome, glad to have you here - don't put your suitcase too close to the fireplace!

Come on in, Mary Ann - good to 'see' you again.. I think you were in chat last night? So glad you're joining us here! What's your goal, AF or MOD? And what's your plan for getting there? Can we help?

Renewal.... *sigh* you are 'fashion challenged' obviously! EVERYONE knows that pink for the studly jock is THE NEW THING! *snicker* Eh, it's ok.... green it is for you. Very sexy.. brings out your nose.

Eyes.. geeeez.... eyes! Whew.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Why ya gotta bring my nose....eh eyes into it sun? THIS studly jock...well, okay, ex jock, doesn't do 'the pink thing'...luckily Wally is knitting me the green robe with matching slippers.....speaking of Wally, where is she?....ah, busy knitting I suppose.....
                        Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nestlings,
                          could we please hook up an xbox to the plasma as well?

Thanks
                          We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

I just might need to go out for more twigs....not only is our nest bustling with ducklings, now they're all wanting large play toys.....let me get busy with that...as nobody is turned down at the nest.
                            Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

The nest is always open...24/7...
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Universal and I won't need toys. We'll have Brad Pitt!!!!!

Maryann - way to go. That's super and such great progress. You are having faith and believing it can be done.
                                Sun - how's the no smoking going? I haven't yet had the courage to ditch that nasty habit. I've done it many times before though! I'm so good at stopping and starting. I actually chew nicorette gum when I can't smoke but I smoke very little because I don't smoke at work and never want my son to see me smoking - yes, I'm in the closet again. I saw you're taking Chantix. My husband successfully did it for three months and just finished his last pack a few weeks ago. He's feeling fantastic. Keep it up!

Thanks for the warm welcome - I need lots of warm now - school's cancelled tomorrow because of frigid temps. Brrrrr!
                                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                                X