No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey G -from the get go, I was looking at mindlessness as sometimes being a really good thing. Just shut the cpu down and drift away (w/o firewater). Man, I hate not doing/thinking about things sometimes, but wow, what a great way to re-fire the engines after taking a mindless break. (And our minds really can sometimes operate like a computer -close all the programs, re-boot or shut off the computer, then turn it back on. Can be amazing sometimes how much better my computer operates after a shut-down/re-boot).
    Last edited by Spiritfree; March 9, 2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Yep, agreed Spirit. I notice the difference when i take some 'me' time out. One thing i love about running on the beach is i can take of my shoes and connect directly with the earth, not to mention the sea when i jump in. Same can apply with a mountain, a field, a forest. I switch off the radiation and noise of computers, media and traffic and switch on to nature, silence and the real me within. Another reason why i think meditation is important, no, crucial.

I've cancelled tonights uni music class i've been doing this year, as i'm just feeling it'll be a tad too much for me committment wise this week. I have an extra work shift tomorrow arvo along with some extra volunteering time towards a music event we're putting on next week. I feel fine with this decision and am tuning in to my body telling me.......'easy buddy, this may be a bit too much for you too soon for this week and you're starting to stress a little. Your recovery is number one priority'. So, backing off the workload a little for now and i'm cool with that. Just thinking aloud. More on twitter, twatter, and raaakr.

Take care.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

If you think you're doi8ng too much Mr G., just remember the Feelin' Groovy lyrics.

Comment

Ha! Thanks Rags.

Orf for a run.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Reflection -

Just back from a long brilliant soul enriching run. The sky was blue, early 20's C and the water was refreshing. Glad i cancelled my class tonight. I don't really need it as i can learn the stuff on my own, but my idea was to get out there and check it out. The main problem is the class time which is in the evening. If it was a morning, it'd fit my schedule better. We'll see. It feels real good with not too many commitments at present except the commitments to myself - Maintaining sobriety assisted by running and meditation, and making music. The runs have become a big part of my day, and i am realising the importance of not cutting them short and allowing things to flow as when i'm out there pounding the road, parks, or sand, that is 'me' time and seems to be working wonders. I'm getting fit, getting idea's, getting out and about, mixing it up with other folks on the way. Sometimes i get back from a run, have a shower, and am too buggered to make music. But.....that's totally ok, as the benefits running gives me are working magic. My approach to my well being at this point is to keep on keeping it simple, and run, run run to freedom.

Yeehaw!

Comment

Mr. G, you are sounding good. I haven't been playing, I got bogged down with the kids busy busy busy..gotta get back with it. Goat a little 4 track to fool around with....I never wear shoes unless I have to. Love that mud between my toes hahaha...

Comment

Hey Bird,

Yep, i too love the earth beneath my feet directly! Soft sand is nice and has a massaging effect too. Your 4 track sounds cool. You can have a lot of fun with that. Is it digital?

Comment

Hey G (and Bird). Please forgive my ignorance, but what are you talking about regarding the four trac?

And G, I just go to tell you that I recently came into ownership of DJI Phantom Drone. I absolutely love it. I fly it in state/federal parks where there are waterfalls/creeks. The greatest times are when I am by self and can video the falls from 1 foot off the ground to 400 feet above the ground. The drone helps give me a new and profound perspective. I would love to take it too the beach/ocean and just film -especially film the ocean at beach level.

SF

Comment

Drones sure must take photography to a different level, no pun intended. They've really picked up in popularity. The footy reporters look to be using them here too, but after hearing one hover over the goal area recently i'm not sure how happy the players are with that noise.

The 4 track Bird speaks of is a recorder which can record 4 different tracks of sound/instruments then you can playback all 4 together. Same principle as the studio you went to with your song, but much smaller scale. Hope all's well there mate.

Another sunny morning at the beach pad. No run today as first stop is my music session with folks on a recovery path not too different from ours, then a shadow shift at work at a different site where i'm looking to pick up an extra day or 2 max. Works in well as a rest day for the body and legs. I'm up early most days, but i'm not a get out the door first thing for a run person, preferring to have a coffee and ease into the first hour or so of the day. Half hourly updates on the usual social media outlets.

Thank you and good day.

Comment

I would love to have a drone! I would be afraid of it crashing though!!.....yes G it is digital and very small. What is the music session? I am behind as I have been gone for so long...dug an old synthesizer out of the shed, been in there for a couple years. At least it still works...later

Comment

Cool stuff Bird. If the 4 track's digital, then maybe it can record many more tracks than 4 if needed? You can upload yer tunes to the world! Great fun either way.

Music sessions are a little morning music gathering i run locally at a big rooming house for folks who have had past or current life struggles. Pretty informal, just come along and strum away, write, sing, whatever. Part of their art dept. Break a stick my friend.

Getting late here. Take it easy out there y'all.

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

you sound GREAT Mr G!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Yo Mama! Thanks my friend.

How are things with you? Hope you're good. Spring's on it's way isn't it?

Mama, it's the sobriety. Living sober 24/7 is the key for me. It reinstills pride and self confidence. I can do anything, and i have lot's to do. If i stop for a minute and listen to my body and how it's feeling, the feeling is gooooood, especially after a restful sleep. Now i'm listening to someone mowing the bloody lawn next door. The dreaded leaf blower will be next!

Take it easy y'all.

Comment

Morning Mr G.
                              Arrgghh.....Lawnmowers at 7am on the weekend when you're trying to have a sleep in.

Comment

Morning Rags. Indeed. Probably some hyper newly sober person trying to keep busy! :congratulatory: Have a beaut day my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X