Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Say what????? Adam's got a live in. :heartbeat:

Dunno but I do miss the like/thankyou. Especially if its another thread and you just want to show you've read it........hope that makes sense.

I suppose we all think the French eat snails. So cockneys eat jellied eels.

Right I must get on. Just looked in the freezer and we've got no ice cream.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; March 1, 2020, 08:02 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thanks for getting us started Molly. Had no internet yesterday, tree down. Never had coddle or toad in the hole but have had dillisk which is dried seaweed. Sun shining this morning so did a two hour walk, lovely. Need to get a bit of lunch now.

Comment

I LOVE Coddle.
        It's a poor man stew.
        Being poor we couldn't afford steak pieces so us Dubs came up with Coddle.
        Bacon rashers, onion, sausages & spuds all boiled up - YUMMY!!! The mushy spuds at the bottom were my favourite. My mother flavoured it with marmite - I think that's why I loved it so much.

Talk about overreaction. This morning there was ONE known case of Covid-19 in the whole of the Republic of Ireland & my workplace closed down & wouldn't allow visitors in. FFS!!
        There will be more overnight - what will they do then?
        Last edited by satz123; March 1, 2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

quick wave.. VERY busy weekend so my clothes are holding me together...
          Thats ridiculous Satz.
          Mr M went to lidl, loads of bare shelves - maybe they were restocking? Mad ted.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........much to my amazement just been talking to Jenny. Her degree.... Biological and Medicinal Bio-Chemistry (now there's a mouthful)..........means she spent a lot of time studying virology. I was laughing because I said her year 7s will be at home tonight googling the symptoms so they skive off so they can get shut down..............basically as its a viru she was saying we have to move freely to build our own immunity.
            Sadly it also brought home how little I listened because of my drinking and hadn't a clue what she actually did
            I have a very clever daughter.:heartbeat:
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]......it was fairly sparse in Lidl here. But kept bumping into those great massive trolleys full of stuff.. Mr. JC was in Tesco for the rest no problem there.
              The S&H told me when he was at Sainsbury they restock three times a day. I was moaning to him about it being a bit sparse around 2 pm turns out between 2-3 pm is one of those restocking times.

Where's Bridgee and the rest of OZ we can start the heated discussion of vegemite versus marmite. I :heartbeat: marmite.

Actually that sounds like something my Granny used to make but without the sausages. We loved it.

Lovely afternoon with my Aunt. She's only 12 years older than me. We you-tubed all her favourtite songs from the early 60s and also taught her how to do a bit of head banging with the Foo Fighters and the Who.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Love Vegemite but I think it's an acquired taste if you weren't raised on it. Hate Promite. Hate Marmite.

No, I won't be sanitising the old lady paddle in between swipes. They can take their chances if they give me lip.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Never ate vegemite marmite or ..promite?? Maybe I've missed out -- maybe I haven't -- should I ? Will I? -- not today!!!
                  Monday morning -- hate it! Would love to be on my old shift - late Monday/Wed.. but that would involve working even longer and closer to Ruth so nah...

School not far from any of us northsiders shut down for 2 weeks... mmmm
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                    I :heartbeat: marmite. Mr. JC runs from it away like Dracula when you show him the cross. Vegemite's okay but expensive and this is the very first time I've heard of promite. I've not got a lot to do today so will spend many hours on google or staring into space.

Jenny's school is open and today ............she's got to show her year 7's how to wash their hands properly.
                    Their year 9's have the go ahead light for France so she's off there Friday for the weekend in Paris.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      HEY Judey...them Brits eat MAD stuff:applouse:

How are you doing? Are you heading into springtime in your part of the world too? My favourite time of the year! Little darlings all about to arrive..Adams GF has just moved in with him so closest to marriage we venture in our family thank FECK!!!
                      Hey Molly! Spring is coming, slowly but surely. I'm quite ready to chuck the snow shovel over the banks!I

Thanks for the explanation regarding toads- in th hole [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! When I saw the pic, the first thought that came to mind was the amazing resemblance to turds in the sand. Think I'll pass thank you.....

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        I've not got a lot to do today so will spend many hours on google or staring into space.
                        How I would LOVE to have hours to stare into space... truly - it sounds heavenly.. I just seem to chase my tail all day every day... and there's always at LEAST 6 things in my head that I could/should do if I DID just have an hour or two extra! Enjoy that feeling -- it's very rare!!
                        Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                        Hey Molly! Spring is coming, slowly but surely. I'm quite ready to chuck the snow shovel over the banks!I

Thanks for the explanation regarding toads- in th hole [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! When I saw the pic, the first thought that came to mind was the amazing resemblance to turds in the sand. Think I'll pass thank you.....

Have a great day everyone!
                        I love snow... we very very rarely get any. #1 we live beside the sea and #2 Ireland has a temperate climate -- tempered by the warm gulf stream and it's very unusual for us to get any extremes of weather -- when I was younger I used to find our climate quite boring - but the more I see and hear of the effects of climate change world wide the more I appreciate what we have.. in fact we ARE very lucky really... love the spring time coming in tho - and we have new flowers blooming in the garden every day now... lovely!

Comment

Sorry to be late!
                          On the couch with a sprained ankle. Only hurts when I try to walk so just enjoying being Lydia Languish on the couch.
                          Luckily the family are rallying round.
                          Spring has sprung around here today too

Comment

Ahhh Whiz..what happened? Were you running? Why not enjoy your forced rest? Sounds good to me!! Hope himself is ok?

Comment

X post Molly-- I loved where you live in Ireland I can remember running to that lovely beach.
                              I will get bored doing nothing soon but enjoying the enforced rest at the moment.

Comment

X X cross post Molly. Sprained ankle was overstretching myself when out running yesterday. We came across another runner who had collapsed and he had a cardiac arrest. Between us we managed to get a defibrillator , do chest compression and rescue breaths. Got an ambulance and saved his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X