Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............I can't get the link to work. I'll give it a go later.
    Ah think we might have to pay for it - anyhoo we get the gist ............... shocking coincidence ?? that the virus started in the same city as this facility

Comment

Hope all is well with young Satz and that Rosie is being a proper little lady!!
      Bridge - try using old newspapers. That's what our granny did. She always had old catalogues and newspapers in the loo when we were small. Years later when she was much older she always had a stock of the most expensive bog rolls. Go figure....
      Afternoon Stirls. Did you tell them the masks is useless ....?

YS was fine - but I came home from a LONG day at work yesterday & he was conked out with Rosie. I made him get up & bring her for a walk ....... so frustrating. Rosie is wary of him when he's drinking and he was supposed to look after her when I was working.

Yes I remember squares of newspaper on a string in the loo - not sure where. Probably my Nan's house years ago.
      Last edited by satz123; March 13, 2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Afternoon Stirls. Did you tell them the masks is useless ....?

YS was fine - but I came home from a LONG day at work yesterday & he was conked out with Rosie. I made him get up & bring her for a walk ....... so frustrating. Rosie is wary of him when he's drinking and he was supposed to look after her when I was working.

Yes I remember squares of newspaper on a string in the loo - not sure where. Probably my Nan's house years ago.
        Sorry to hear that Benjy - and he had been doing so well. The lad who didn't get on the plane to Spain - he's in a shocking state.. and the lad who owns the apartment over there wanted him to go again FFS!! Joe just said no - and now there isn't free travel there anyway so guessing no one is going!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

IS he just getting slowly worse Molly? Poor poor man.
          Satz, sorry to hear that about YS. Bet it wont last long, fingers crossed.

Good to see you [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]! sounds as mad as it is here. They havnt closed playgrounds, but gave a solid directive this evening, kids shouldnt be mingling with other kids, visiting their grandparents (MOLLY!) or hanging out in big gangs. Mine are NOT happy. Eldest was supposed to be going to a party on Monday night, sleepover. I said no, the only mother apparently - and we are now in a massive argument. Even the mother texted me to invite him.
          I think we are either doing this or we are not.. Give into the kids and and the whole exercise is pointless. Theyre likely not to even notice it, if they get it, but they will keep spreading it on and on and on....

We all had to be 2 meters apart in the canteen today, lots of shouting :haha:

Any plans for your time off Rustop?
          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], that should make for interesting dynamics at home. No more doing the hoovering in your knickers and singing at the top of your voice to stormzy..

Going to go for an social distance pretend park run in the morning...
          Last edited by IamMary; March 13, 2020, 03:58 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Ah Satz what a flipping shame about the lad.

England not doing a shutdown not sure why we are not doing the same as the rest of the world!

Good news for me is the London marathon is cancelled (postponed) Fracture should be well healed by October. Boris never cancelled much but did say not to go on a cruise if over 70!.

Mary I am going to Parkrun tomorrow but just timekeeping--

Comment

Saw that bout the marathon Whizzy and you were my first thought!! Delighted that worked out for you!! My eldest was mithering me today about the grandchildren visiting...just feel it's mad...we are in the full of our health..and I'm still out and about potentially bringing virus home from the workplace..sch I dunno..we'll see

Comment

I've got one child about an hour from Mexico and another on that landed in Dublin two hours ago.
                I've listened to so many 'experts' today that its clear (well to me anyway) they haven't got a clue but they can use very long words that bamboozle the ordinary.
                I'm fed up to the back teeth with the press that have their own ideas and are wallowing fear-mongering.
                Saw five 'experts' squeezed together in a studio at lunchtime , while they're shoulder to smug shoulder telling us plebs what to do............that I'll just listen to my own health.
                Yes I'm tired, frumpy, pissed off and my nose hurts.
                Hopefully a good nights sleep will put me back in a good head-space tomorrow.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Hope you are in better form today JC. Sorry to hear about young Satz, especially when he had been doing so well.

Hard to know what to believe and sick listening about it. Just heard last night that an old neighbour from down the country died. Wonder what is happening about funerals. They say children are spreaders and that’s why they should not visit grandparents. It’s a hard one, especially with the schools closed. Off to the west today to visit SIL, it’s in the wilds so lots of good walks..

Comment

Morning..off to work ...poxy miserable feckers!!! Laters xx

Comment

Morning,
                      Slightly better mood but I haven't turned the TV on yet.
                      Ahh, Satz, pet. There I am railing at the powers that be and you've got troubles of your own. :hug:

Saw this today, Italy is in lockdown and how the resident s of blocks of flats are coping.

Coronavirus: Italians sing from their windows to boost morale - BBC News

Spent much of yesterday propped up in bed..........but got into a lovely whatsapp conversation with the mother of the bride. We were both tracking their flight. It does seem as if my cunning plan from Christmas has brought a new friend

BTW if you see six teachers with English accents in the gutter in Temple Bar just step over them..........its Jenny and five other teachers from school they've been tested and are not dangerous. Just there to let they're hair down and celebrate someone's 40th.

Still bunged up but no other symptoms so going to do the shopping. Luckily did the pay day shop last week so just fruit and veg.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon from the fireside. Volunteered at Parkrun this morning and kept clear of everyone as I have to stay healthy because Mr A has low immunity.
                        Foot/ankle feeling better but still no weight bearing without a crutch.
                        My daughters are in a panic about their elderly parents and are accusing me of not taking this virus seriously enough.
                        The family are going to do our shopping for us now!

Comment

And they are right MrsA ..Specially cos of MrA recent illness...I think this is very serious now..told my sprogs to steer clear for a while..Joe's dice with a mysterious virus last winter leaves him vulnerable apparently...still have to go to work tho but following all the guidelines...my hands are raw from washing and sanitizing

Comment

Great that you volunteered [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. That foot must be driving you nuts.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            BTW if you see six teachers with English accents in the gutter in Temple Bar just step over them..........its Jenny and five other teachers from school they've been tested and are not dangerous. Just there to let they're hair down and celebrate someone's 40th..
                            No way JC, I was just in there about 5, picking up my son! He just went in to get a top and have a mooch, but with all the drama, I was freaked out about him being in there.
                            Passed loads of groups of women, Im sure one was Jenny :haha:
                            Rumour mill is going into overdrive.. Dublin airport will shut down by Wednesday (apparently) and stricter lock down measures coming next week (apparently).
                            Everyone is shutting their borders.

Molly, its hard to know what the right thing to do is. Im confident my folks, 10+ years older than you, would be grand if they got this, but they still didnt argue about not seeing the kids! Loads of grandparents are the same as you. This could go on for months, theres lots of ways you can manage it.

Bridge will finally get some answers.

3s1he6.jpg
                            Last edited by IamMary; March 14, 2020, 03:14 PM.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......if she was about 5'10" wearing jeans and a red jumper, brown boots that's yer woman. If she gets stuck over there she's an excellent coach in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths ( we think we were given the wrong baby when we left the maternity ward) will work for bed and board until her Daddy swims the Irish Sea and collects her.............just drop her off on a convenient beach.
                              Not sure what her toilet paper habits are but she eats anything put in front of her apart from Brussel sprouts.
                              Not a sheet of toilet paper in Tesco but could have bought enough food to put Christmas dinner for the next month on the table.

The bloke next door is isolating himself as he's got a cough.............luckily his daughter is a doctor. We're doing our bit by buying him his daily paper.

Ma & Pa in law have no room left to put their emergency supplies..... Mr. JC's up there in the morning with another two bags. They'll be as fat as butter.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about YS Satzy. It really is a family disease. I don't think I realised that myself. If one is affected, all are. I used to be quite wed to the concept that I was only hurting myself. I suppose you've got to justify yourself somehow.

I think the only upside to this virus might be the death of this ridiculous hugging on meeting phase that we're all going through the last few years. Then you end up doing it too as herd mentality thing. Always hated it. Power to the handshake! (closely followed by collective hand sanitiser use)

Sounds like the school trip went well JC. Do they test all the kids on re-entry as well? I really feel sorry for the poor sods sitting in labs all over the world testing swabs like it's a sausage factory.
                                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; March 14, 2020, 04:45 PM.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X