Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Indeed Molls.
    How are you hanging in there JC? The idea of a nest has nothing but positive connotations for me, so good on you. Sleep is the ultimate healer anyway.
    The Minister for Health gave an address this afternoon which I watched via live stream. He coughed into his hand and all over the journalists one metre in front of him as he announced that we should all stay 4 metres away from one another in public spaces. He handed off to another poli to answer all of the hard questions, read from A4 sheets which almost blew away and had not prepared at all. Then he rocked off and had a coughing fit in the background. He was breathless the entire time.
    Based on this I fear we are proper screwed. The only funny thing was the comments beside the livestream screen like 'get into iso, man', 'we are so fucked' and 'I like his tie. Someone please pull on it real hard.'

On the bright side, I stayed home and did the vacuuming.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Starty!!!
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

God Bridge your PM sounds like a clusterf*ck of magnanimous proportions. I worry that we are all being led by less than capable beings but I cannot imagine how hard it must be in their positions either

Comment

This was the Minister for Health but yes I do wish they'd get their act together or hand over to someone who can....
          Hope you're good cherub.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning Ladies of the Army and hopefully Gent as well if Tabbers is around. Hope you're feeling better, our boy!!

Starty-pants - great to see you and good to see your positive outlook!!

Molls, - good to hear that Joe has no more than a urinary infection and that antibiotics will get him cured.

For the most part, the people here are obeying the "rules" as far as shopping in supermarkets, pharmacies, etc. go - wearing gloves and a lot of people with masks, and keeping a distance from the other shoppers. But here is a concern of mine - what about take-out food? Younger son ordered souvlaki yesterday for a friend and himself. I asked about the people working at the place, if they were protected. He said they were wearing gloves, but no masks. The thing is, that people can have the virus and yet have no symptoms so could be passing on the virus without knowing it. I just think we have to be a little careful about that as well. Not getting paranoid here, just trying to protect myself as much as possible. Like Molly, I am missing hugs from the wee lad. I see him almost every day but only from a distance. Can't wait to squeeze him in a big, big hug. On a more positive note, I am looking at this time as a great opportunity to do things that I have let slip for a while - cleaning out closets and drawers and I think I will paint the spare bedroom as well. AND, I may get back into painting landscapes as I did many years ago. Also, I have a synthesizer that I rarely sit down to and having spare time on my hands will be a good time to get out the sheet music and give it a go. I also have wood I bought to make a small hall table some months ago and so that is another project. And I came across a piece of fabric I bought to make a dress so lots of things I can be doing over the next couple of months. I'm sure this whole situation will be much more than the two week restriction period that they are talking about. My guess is it will be until there are no new cases of the virus and that could well be closer to two months than two weeks. But we will get through this. And sooooooo glad I am not drinking. I think it would be impossible to cope if I was and would probably lead to depression. So grateful I am and trying to find all the positives in a difficult time.

Bridge - someone should have yanked that man right out from in front of the mike. He should be ashamed to be speaking in public. I mean it could be he has asthma or a bad cold or something but jaysus, would he not wear a mask to at least be an example to people of what we need to do. At least the government here has put some strict measures into place. Mind you, Greeks are not known for obeying rules and regulations, they are not a people who like restrictions but hopefully most of them will do what is necessary to stop the spread of the virus.

Jackie, dear - hope you're feeling better. Does your nose hurt from use of the inhaler? I was wondering if a little olive oil or vaseline in your nostrils would help ease the irritation if that's what it is. Sending you a :hug: .

In fact - :grouphugs:to all of you!!!
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

This was supposed to say good morning but I finally got some sleep.
              Molls :hug:................I should have said I've done this for years..........and this one overwhelmed me...especailly when I've needed around something and make some sense of what is going on. Still haven't worked it out and tbh better than watching the panic-mongers.

Poor Joe, you know one of the things he's prooved is we can get other illnesses. Bless him.

Nr JC brought home a heap of work stuff including a desk top computer. Its wiped down in the back bedroom for when he works from home.

One thing look for is the kindness going on............a couple of big taxi firms have volunteered to take the elderly to doctors & hospiyal appointments. Pick up any shopping they need for free.

#1 WE ARE ALIVE #2 WE ARE SOBER #3 THIS WILL END...

Edit: I've got blocked sinuses (for want of a better decription).............I can only use the nasal spray every four hours and it stops working after two.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; March 21, 2020, 12:31 PM.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening folks! Ah ..gotcha with the nose Jacks..did confuse me! If the bedroom cocooning works..go for it..funnily enough ..as a COMPLETE and UTTER loner all my life..I am enjoying human 'contact'..obs at a distance!! Don't get that but??!!
                Stay brave all..my positive head means I've actually enjoyed my day...Joe is better today too which is a bonus...hi Starty and Stirly xxx
                Last edited by mollyka; March 21, 2020, 01:51 PM.
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone. Great to see everyone checking in. Very true, we will get through this and kindness is so important. In a lot of ways this is bringing people back to basics. Walked the doggies and did a roast dinner this evening and spent time with family. Simple things but don’t really need much more. Glad Joe is ok. One of the ladies from crochet probably has it as her SIL has been diagnosed. Dropped off a box of books and stuff to her door today. You keep cocooning JC and look after yourself. Everyone else too.

Comment

Somebody posted this on FB and it gave me a laugh so thought I would share.

Just got back from Lidl to buy a bag of food for my dog.
                    Already in line, a woman behind me asked me if I had a dog.
                    I stared at her (those who know me will imagine my gaze ����) ...but then why would I be buying dog food...right? ����
                    So on impulse I told her no, that I didn’t have a dog, that I was starting the dog food diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but i did weigh 4 kilos less!
                    I told her that it was the perfect diet and that all you had to do is carry a few biscuits in your pocket and eat one or two every time you feel hungry (I have to mention that practically everyone in line was interested in my story).
                    Frightened, the woman asks me if I ended up in the hospital because the dog food had poisoned me. I answered...of course not!
                    I was admitted because I bent down to snif the bum of a German Shepherd and I was hit by a truck ������
                    I thought the man behind her was going to have a heart attack...he was laughing so hard!

...Let’s continue promoting reading! ��

Comment

Got a cough high temperature back soon!

Comment

Oh Brit :hug:, take care of yourself and hubby. It is scary but lots of good news coming through too. Check in if you get a chance, thinking of you. How are you Tabs?

Comment

Please keep us updated MrsA...Will do a mammy prayer for you...don't forget..even if you do have it..the hugely vast majority get through unscathed...think we all need to remember that

Love the story Rusters:welldone:

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..............have a cuple of these :hug::hug:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........that really was LOL.
                              Showed it to Mr. JC and he' laughed so hard he nearly choked.

Nearly ready to come out of cocoon .

Mr JC's going to leave his Mum's mothers day stuff on their doorstep.........ring them and say give 15 minutes..............its flowers and a card....... Just hope no-one passing bu will think he's started a shrine.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mothers Day well and truly postponed this year for us...delighted...don't like the fuss much anyways..
                                Glad you're feeling up to de-cocooning jacks...we WILL get through this...if we do all we can ..all the things the HSE..or in your case NHS ask us to do..we will come through the other end...we will:hug:

Comment

Working...
                                X