International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Sure mollyka. Male, mid 40's, married with kids but not living with them (only since Wednesday). I'm just at the beginning of all this, so the welcome is greatly appreciated. Makes me feel a lot less lonely.

Comment

ahh.. so I guess a major upheaval due to the booze? A lot of us have had issues - some major - some less so - due to the bloody bottle - my marriage was really all but over .. and frankly I didn't care... I had no feelings much about anything - just wanted time to be left alone in peace and drink when I wanted to... wasn't all the time - I was more a binge drinker really - up to the very end when it sort of took over.. but yeah -- nowadays - I'm still with the aul lad -- 42 years married now - and surprise surprise -- I love him dearly and within months away from the bottle my kids and my husband began to respect me again and now --- ah sure shit --- I'm the queen bee:welldone:
      Stick around - no need to be lonely x
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
        Thanks mollyka. Currently at the very start of my journey. It's great to hear there are lots of Irish here - it's given me a but more hope.
        Ah WELCOME Outy.... this place is riddled with alkies - but full of advice for you. So no need to ever feel alone - EVER ..

It's how I got sober - 6 years ago.
        Just posting - joining in - and doing things at my own pace.

Comment

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION].................:welcome:

Nice to meet you.........I'm English.........but don't let that hold it against me

Good thread..........https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...-tool-box.html

Oddly enough because of this damned virus spend many a late night/early morning browsing through old posts/threads and found this.........I am so lucky to have found MWO.

Have you got a doctor on board? My advice just for the next few days is take it hour by hour, then it'll be week by week. Plan a treat for yourself at the end of the month with the money you save.

Talk more tomorrow, okay.......we're not here to judge.......posting every single day works.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].....is it really you.........we're over here
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
              Good morning! Nothing to report.
              That's good! (if you know what I mean)
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] WELCOME!!! A newby - YAY! Forgive us if we fall all over you at first. We don't get many newbies these days. Let us know how we can help. By the way it's the best thing you'll ever do for yourself, giving up the booze.

Satzy, I could not be happier for your oldies. Thank God. If there is ever a time to show true leadership and be prepared to make the unpoplar decisions, it's now. So more power to your management for that. New Zealand have been exemplary in that. I'm not surprised; they are a resourceful and clever bunch anyway, but the leadership has been amazing.

JC - how devastating about the ICU nurse. Presumably quite young as well which tends to blow the ' old people being the only vulnerable ones' theory out of the water again. They must be beside themselves.

I've got some power washing to do today before staining the deck (groan) I feel better about it now that I know that young Rusters is doing the same all the way over in the North. It's quite fun once you get the stupid thing all set up.

OK off I go.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] WELCOME!!! A newby - YAY! Forgive us if we fall all over you at first. We don't get many newbies these days. Let us know how we can help. By the way it's the best thing you'll ever do for yourself, giving up the booze.
                  Well said young Bridgeen..... :upsidedown:
                  [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] listen to Bridget Jones she knows.
                  Maybe you drank last night & think you can't come back. WRONG - that is why we are all here.
                  It may take time to get your head around this sober business but most of us were still drinking when we first posted here - I know I was.
                  I came on here just to stop drinking at home & during the week..... but was brainwashed after a long while ..... thank feck !!

Don't make the mistake to think you need to be sober to join in ....... this forum is to help towards sobriety.

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                    Thanks mollyka. Currently at the very start of my journey. It's great to hear there are lots of Irish here - it's given me a but more hope.
                    Welcome Outy!! Great to see a newcomer here. BTW the reference to the Army in the title of the thread is that we are a group (like others) who are fighting the battle with AL. Fighting to get and/or stay sober. Mind you it definitely gets easier as you clock up the AF days. We stick around to show it can be done! Lots of support and good advice here. All of us started out at day one and thankfully we all found MWO and that was a huge factor in helping us get sober. Really lovely to have a new member! As for me - I'm a Canadian with Irish roots, living in Greece. :smile:
                    Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] WELCOME!!!By the way it's the best thing you'll ever do for yourself, giving up the booze.
                    What Bridge said!!
                    Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    Well said young Bridgeen..... :upsidedown:
                    [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] listen to Bridget Jones she knows.
                    Maybe you drank last night & think you can't come back. WRONG - that is why we are all here.
                    It may take time to get your head around this sober business but most of us were still drinking when we first posted here - I know I was.
                    I came on here just to stop drinking at home & during the week..... but was brainwashed after a long while ..... thank feck !!

Don't make the mistake to think you need to be sober to join in ....... this forum is to help towards sobriety.
                    Yep - what Satzy said too. We all started out here. Most drinking while posting - I know I did for a long time - not that that is a requirement - just a reminder that not many of us got it the first time around. For many, like myself, it took a lot of starts and stops. But yeah, stick with it and you will get to your goal. And we are all here to support. A helping hand when needed or a push, if need be. Just stick around. inkele:

Shout out to KTAB - there is a new man in the barracks. Get yerself back here!!

Lovely day - sunny and warm. Already 20C - will go up a bit more by mid afternoon. Have some yellow freesias in bloom in the garden and the orange trees will blossom soon!!
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

For those of you using Facetime or Skype or Zoom to communicate with family and friends, please be careful how you dress....

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

:welldone: Stirly, love it. Good morning everyone else and welcome Outy. The others have given some good advice. I’m Irish too, late 50’s. Have taken up hill walking since becoming sober, can’t wait to get back to it.

Sun is shining so the garden is calling.

Comment

Morning folks - sun is shining - go out in my t-shirt and then.... the sun isn't shining -- make yer mind up lad!!!
                          Did nothing yesterday so today I plan on doing … something... had been going great guns in the garden but now am just lethargic about everything. Joe is walking and meditating and the divil and all... aaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh… feeling useless.com!!

Comment

House is now power-washed. All this black yuck and dust from the fires. Blech. But God Rustop, how many cords are there to juggle? By the time you are getting to the end of the day and you're tired and tripping over them all then using swears at the top of your lungs, then realising that all of the kids are home isolating and they're going to repeat the swears to their parents at dinner time....I hope Olive doesn't repeat it to PC Dad.

I watched last night's episode of Gardener's World as well. I think it's funny how Adam won't 'talk about the war'. He just says something like 'wif wots goin' on' then stares furtively to camera. It's like they can't say 'pandemic' in case it scares the plants.

Tomorrow I will finish staining the deck and hopefully fit in some propagating as well. Lord I am so glad to be doing this sober. What a misery it would be drinking through this.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Waves to the world.
                              Beautiful sunny day.............rand gaily into garden in my bare footsies and ran straight back in the wind must be coming from Arctic.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........she was 29. Tragic.The newly weds have two other friends that are intensive care nurses. One of them we've known since she was 14...................my next door daughter is a surgeon and about to start her rotation in ICU...................its one of those things you just don't try to over think......if you get my drift. I've known her since she was in nappies.

I missed Gardners World

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].............an absolute gem. :welldone:

Orff for the big tidy before Easter Sunday.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi folks..glorious day today..we sat out in garden all day..reading listening to music and basically doing nothing..and I'm exhausted
                                Lovely day
                                How's everyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X