No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. I am here no worries, day 393 for me. I am not coming as often as I am guilty this new site is chalanging me lol and I work in IT lol. I miss you all, Namaste
    AF since 10/20/2013
    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
    Meat free since 09/20/2008
    ---------------------------------------
    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Originally posted by Cherokeer View Post
      Hey G, I am back. I was so busy with work and putting on a baby shower I barely had time to sleep. And of course Friday I started a migraine that stayed until I spent 6 hours in the ER then 7 shots later still could barley keep my eyes open. Misery!! But better today, shower is over. Of course I missed it since I was throwing my pancreas up in the ER. What a life!
      Hiya Cherokeer! Hope you're feeling better.

Hiya My luck!

Have a great week everyone. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wow Chero, sorry you had to deal with all that. Glad to see you back :hug:

Myluck, the new site is a bit different but the more I use it the easier it gets - I think, Ha ha! Great to see you as well
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I just noticed I am senior member ... Hmmm wonder what it means and how donee one become a senior member here ?
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahul~ I would say it meant something, but since I was given that title as well, not so much :spin:
            AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

its nothing grand im afraid, it gets put there after a certain amount of posts.

Comment

Whattt??- I thought it was good for 10% off at your local Denny’s Diner…I’ll be dammed if I’ll pay full price just for pancakes to smile at me though..
                dennys.GIF
                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Eh? What's that? 1,000 posts.

Keep 'em coming, and keep break dancing. I like your style.

Comment

I thought it meant a little something extra in our pay envelope.....
                    (it used to be for 1000 messages, but maybe the transition to the new site has different parameters). In fact, I THINK I can change mine to say whatever I want it to (which could be dangerous!!!! ehehehehe) B
                    Last edited by Byrdlady; November 18, 2014, 08:54 AM.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

I personally believe that Matt got his rank bumped up to senior status with that break dancing gizmo, very cute. Makes me wonder what trouble I could get into by pushing some of those little buttons.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Matt- I just noticed you became a subscriber..awesome...must have been so you get those sweet break dancing icons and such

:dancin:
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Hello All,

I am back and settled now in my usual life after almost 2 weeks or travels across 3 continents. It was crazy as body goes thru a crazy toss of time line adjustment as well as climate. I missed being home, being with family !

Having survived the ordeal and sober straight thru out I didn't lose the opportunity to check out the night life at all the places I went. Night life = bar areas, places with live music stuff, fancy restaurants etc. I am so glad at none of the places I felt tempted to have a drink !

That said today at home it's mid night and as I introspect how I have been and what's my current state of mind is feel proud of few things, not so proud of others. First I feel good ofcourse being sober. I remember time I needed a drink to sleep thru long flight ... No not any more. But bad I am need to lose weight , I need to get fit, eat well. I earlier had an excuse I can eat and stuff myself to kill the craving and that was good enough but not anymore. I must go beyond that and take a hand of my health.

One emotional front last few months have been an emotional roller coater ride. From being exited to deeply depressed I believe I have now come to that balanced state of mind. However I still feel I am reborn when it comes to emotional maturity. things at work front effect me more. Small setbacks in work or bold decisions which I used to take earlier without giving much thought now I end up thinking way to much ....

I feel I am younger emotionally , learning to live in this new world.

Years of drinking alone, travelling and drinking alone and basically detached from the world I have been used to that. Now I am trying to blend with family, friends trying to form new bonds and heal broken ones.

In mid 30s I feel now more older as past 10 years feel like they just flew by and suddenly I am awakened and in new time and future.

What ever said I good to see this life with new set of eyes, good to feel sleepy at night and wake up fresh. It feels so great to be free and no great not to be thirsty all the time !

Signing out ... good night
                          Rahul
                          --------------------------------------------
                          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                          Rebooting ... done ...
                          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Keep your outlook as fresh as it is right now Rahul & you will have a good long & happy life ahead

Nothing will make me give up my quit ~ nothing!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, all:

Love those moves, STL.

Rahul - I never thought of it, but I'm grateful to not be thirsty all the time, too. Love that positive outlook.

Good night, all,

Pav

Comment

Seems you are doing just Great Rahul, so happy for you!
                                Originally posted by Rahulthesweet View Post
                                Hello All,

I am back and settled now in my usual life after almost 2 weeks or travels across 3 continents. It was crazy as body goes thru a crazy toss of time line adjustment as well as climate. I missed being home, being with family !

Having survived the ordeal and sober straight thru out I didn't lose the opportunity to check out the night life at all the places I went. Night life = bar areas, places with live music stuff, fancy restaurants etc. I am so glad at none of the places I felt tempted to have a drink !

That said today at home it's mid night and as I introspect how I have been and what's my current state of mind is feel proud of few things, not so proud of others. First I feel good ofcourse being sober. I remember time I needed a drink to sleep thru long flight ... No not any more. But bad I am need to lose weight , I need to get fit, eat well. I earlier had an excuse I can eat and stuff myself to kill the craving and that was good enough but not anymore. I must go beyond that and take a hand of my health.

One emotional front last few months have been an emotional roller coater ride. From being exited to deeply depressed I believe I have now come to that balanced state of mind. However I still feel I am reborn when it comes to emotional maturity. things at work front effect me more. Small setbacks in work or bold decisions which I used to take earlier without giving much thought now I end up thinking way to much ....

I feel I am younger emotionally , learning to live in this new world.

Years of drinking alone, travelling and drinking alone and basically detached from the world I have been used to that. Now I am trying to blend with family, friends trying to form new bonds and heal broken ones.

In mid 30s I feel now more older as past 10 years feel like they just flew by and suddenly I am awakened and in new time and future.

What ever said I good to see this life with new set of eyes, good to feel sleepy at night and wake up fresh. It feels so great to be free and no great not to be thirsty all the time !

Signing out ... good night
                                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                                X