Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Yay, another 100 day member!

We went to a local museum today to see a display of "gingerbread houses". They were so cute and creative. House substitutes included a space ship and Noah's arc.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yay Sanchez :wd:
      Welcome to the oldbies nest :H

The gingerbread house display sounds real nice Sunbeam
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks TJ, Sam, Byrdie, Lav and Sunbeam! I'm still thinking 100 days is tomorrow but close enough I reckon! So thankful to this site and for 100 incredible days of support, wisdom and advice.

Thank you! Xoxo

My kindle is warning me my battery is at 15 percent so am gonna sign off now! Nighty night all!

Comment

Sanchez, you sounded totally committed to this from the first post on. I'm not at all surprised that you've joined the 100 day club but I'm impressed with the conviction that got you here and very happy for you. Congratulations! :h NS

Comment

NoSugar;1585633 wrote: Sanchez, you sounded totally committed to this from the first post on. I'm not at all surprised that you've joined the 100 day club but I'm impressed with the conviction that got you here and very happy for you. Congratulations! :h NS
            Thanks NS! My rock bottom night was so bad I can't even think about it. I have to put it out of my mind because what al led me to (ALMOST) do is unthinkable. I capitalize the word ALMOST because it was so close to the end for me. Thanks for all your kind words and support over these last three months. Absolutely, positively could not have done it without MWO and all the beautiful people here.

The holiday season still presents a challenge. Al is everywhere! However, I really like the honor of being the D Driver. In the past, if ever there was a DD for our excursions, I used to think "oh that poor soul, they sure got stuck and can't possibly be having a good time." I'm so over that now! To me it really is an honor. So, throughout the season I plan to be the DD as much as possible which should also help with any cravings or surprise attacks!

Thanks again!

Comment

Sanchez, just wait until you see how awesome an AF holiday season actually can be
              No worries, no hangovers, no fears or regrets = awesome!
              I don't/won't buy any AL myself so if someone wants it they have to buy it & bring it here. It really has not been a problem at all.
              Just maintain your sense of gratitude for your new AF life & don't worry about the rest
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I've been sober 2 years and about 4.5 months. So I'd guess this admits me to the 100 day + club. Lately I've been needing to change up my 'program' a little, so thought I'd hang out here more.
                Soberity Date - 7/11/11

Comment

Sammy. You certainly do qualify even if you are counting in Mars days.
                  Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi Sammy, welcome
                    CONGRATS on your AF time - wonderful!!!
                    Tell us a little about yourself.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Get on in here, Sammy! Good to see you!

Lots of talk in the nest about 'special occasion drinking'. I've beat the horse until I can beat no more. UGG. Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello Sammy, glad you're here.
                        Byrdie, special occasion drinking is like having an un-birthday (Mad Hatter- now there's a good user name!), you could have 364 special occasion days.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello, Sammy. Good to see you here.

I've learned that occasions are more special for me without alcohol. There is nothing special at all for me about drinking any amount, because sooner or later it leads to too much.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sam and Sun. You'd think that a substance that has caused us all such misery that it'd be a lot easier to let go of it. It is just such a shame to see folks walk right back into the propeller. I am so grateful that I finally listened to Lav and quit and stayed quit!
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Well, I've been blindly following you for almost 10 months now so please steer us clear of any propellers :H !

Comment

I'm so glad you finally listened to me Byrdie :H
                                I was getting tired of repeating myself
                                I just can't get involved in any conversations here with anyone that says they are planning on drinking on vacation, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. It was always a disaster for me, I won't go there again. I am grateful to be done with all that!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X