100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard, TJAF!! I am headed over to roll call to give you your prize!!
    When I finally hit 100 days, it seemed like I was finally able to exhale! It is proof positive that it CAN be done as a lifestyle! So happy for you!!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome and congrats, TJAF. It is always a delight to welcome someone to this group.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi TJAF!!! Great job...WOW...way to go! :goodjob:

Byrdie made a comment a few days ago about not getting hangovers towards the end of her drinking. Same here, but I think it's because I felt so CRAPPY ALL THE TIME that I couldn't tell I was hungover! Thank goodness those days are over!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Lav - Give the little Stella's some kisses for me.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey TJAT
          so glad you're here!! Welcome aboard!!
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

You have no idea how glad I am to be here. Wait a minute... yes you do.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Now - if we could just bottle up all the happy, glad feelings and get the newbies to understand that they too would feel glad & happy if they just stuck with their plans

Am I right or what? :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TJAF welcome and congratulations!

Byrdie you're so right. I wish people starting out could just get a taste of how good it feels to be rid of AL but then again it's because we went through the hell we did that we know better than to go back there!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Amen Susta. I wish our words could get thru the illusion that AL shrouds folks in. It's a protective layer, too. If only they could see down the road a ways. The simplicity and appreciation for life. The mind peace is worth the price of admission. Wouldn't trade my AF life for any drinker's life. I'm done with it. Byrdie.
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie
                    Damn, I looked back to see who the heck Susta was, I'm a little s l o w on the uptake sometimes.

Agreed, I really feel for some of those folks who really struggle.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Lav you're right on however if I had an answer why this quit clicked when so many others failed I'd have my own website. I just know that at this early part of my new life I 'm 100 percent in. Thanks again everyone for the welcome. Sanchez is the next up on this journey. I plan on picking up the pom poms and cheering ole Sanchez to this special checkpoint.
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Lavande;1581871 wrote: Now - if we could just bottle up all the happy, glad feelings and get the newbies to understand that they too would feel glad & happy if they just stuck with their plans

Am I right or what? :H
                        3June2013;1581878 wrote: TJAF welcome and congratulations!

Byrdie you're so right. I wish people starting out could just get a taste of how good it feels to be rid of AL but then again it's because we went through the hell we did that we know better than to go back there!
                        Byrdlady;1581879 wrote:
                        Amen Susta. I wish our words could get thru the illusion that AL shrouds folks in. It's a protective layer, too. If only they could see down the road a ways. The simplicity and appreciation for life. The mind peace is worth the price of admission. Wouldn't trade my AF life for any drinker's life. I'm done with it. Byrdie.
                        Since I really had no idea what I was getting into when I joined this site, I decided to just go with it and do what successfully AF people ahead of me were doing. I pretty much believed everything you all said so when I read posts like those above, I just knew I could feel that way, too, if I stuck with it. And I do .

I hope newbies and people who are struggling to quit read this thread sometimes like I did and see how good life can be.

Thanks for being here, 100+ friends :l.

Comment

I doubt any of us really had an idea of what we were getting into when we joined NS.
                          I just know that I absolutely HAD to stop drinking, I was sick of myself.
                          Maybe that's why it clicked right away for me TJAF. I was sick to death of bullshitting myself over & over & over

I just know that I am one grateful granny & enjoying this precious time with my grandkids - completely sober & present
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

TJAF;1581898 wrote: Lav you're right on however if I had an answer why this quit clicked when so many others failed I'd have my own website. I just know that at this early part of my new life I 'm 100 percent in. Thanks again everyone for the welcome. Sanchez is the next up on this journey. I plan on picking up the pom poms and cheering ole Sanchez to this special checkpoint.
                            First time to this thread, and because 100 days is now in my sight, I thought I'd check it out and found some very nice support! Thanks TJAF! I will visit more often when it's official. Hope I'm not over-stepping my bounds by posting here now! If so, sorry - will tuck my feathers under my butt and paddle on outta here.

I said in the roll call today, that if you lose track, then I will too because all I know is that I'm 10 days behind you!

Congrats again on making it 100! It truly is awesome and says you are truly in it for the long haul dear! So proud of you! :goodjob:

Comment

Paddle on in here, Sanchez! You are quackers if you think we're turning you away!! There's no BILL for arriving a little early!!

I am so happy for everyone in this thread, and for future 100 day'ers.
                              Did the rest of you feel like you'd really passed a hurdle when you hit that milestone? B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Arriving earlier means you're mindset is to be here. Good!
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X