Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - May 2014

Hi everyone!
    My mom is doing GREAT! Things could not have gone better! Thank you for all the well wishes...love you all!

So I have a confession to make and it's been bugging me. Friday night I drank...A LOT. That's not the worst part. I texted a friend of mine that I've known for 25 years. I had heard his marriage was rocky and I just wanted to see how he was. Well...he showed his wife and she wrote me a holier-than-thou text. She said we will never be friends again. I apologized about 20 times and basically bared my soul about my struggle with alcohol, etc, etc. she told me that I am in "deep spiritual danger". I know I screwed up but I owned up to my mistakes. It's just bugging me. Guess I can chalk them up to more friends lost due to alcohol. Just sad but also kinda shocked at their non-forgiving attitude. Must be nice to be perfect...

And I am back on Antabuse. I am not hiding my mistake but still only feel comfortable telling you guys!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 sounds like they weren't really friends at all. Good for u to owning up and if we were all perfect we would expect more money..
      What great news about your mom. That must be a load off your mind too.
      Hope u have a great day and don't beat yourself up!!!
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Thanks Dottie....I have been agonizing over this for days. The guilt and anxiety all came rushing back like a train. I almost wrote the wife a less than nice response but they are the type to forward everything to my whole family. I just regret everything. Hopefully this can be a reminder to us all!

Comment

Hey all.....just finished a WONDERFUL barbecue. Veggie hot dogs, mushroom, purple onion, bell pepper, corn on the cob. YUM - Plus, there was fish, chicken and steak. I am STUFFED!

K9 - So happy to hear how well your Mom is doing. :l But, I'm really sorry to hear about the "friend". I feel the same way that.....'it must be nice to be perfect.....' I'm glad that you could share with us. I love you and we are doing this one step at a time. :l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora! I have been feeling like shit on a stick!

That BBQ sounds great...I am starving!!!

Comment

Pauly - sorry that you are dealing with headaches too. Maybe we need to do the Zyrtec thing with Fennel....

Dottie - I hope you have a great time with your friends. Sounds like fun.

Fennel - I get tired just hearing about how much you hiked. :H I'm really glad that you had fun. :h

Love & hugs to one and all.....I need to go vegetate out in the sun for a few. Talk about too much food......:H
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

K9Lover;1664967 wrote: Thanks Nora! I have been feeling like shit on a stick!

That BBQ sounds great...I am starving!!!
                Wish that you were here. It was great. And I don't serve SHIT ON A STICK. :H:H
                Love you girl.......:h
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Was reading some quotes by some celebrities that are sober.....this one hit home with me.........

Rob Lowe talking about Rehab - "It was great. I loved it. Because I was ready. Problem is, people go into rehab and they're not ready. You want to get sober for your parents, you want to get sober for your job, you want to get sober for the cops, you want to get sober to protect your image. A lot of good reasons, by the way, but unfortunately, the only thing that works is that you have to want to get sober for you. So, I was ready."
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,that's the damn truth ain't it Nora?sheesh it's 103 here,i'm stuffed to the brim! hubs grilled burgers stuffed with cheese and hot dogs,it was great actually,i'm a little jealous of him cuz he gets to drink his few beers and be o.k,dick! also they changed the bud lite cans,says"taste of summer"and has shadows of people playing volleyball and surfing,huh,show the real picture of the fat lazy slob sitting on the couch haha,K9, i'm glad your mom is o.kMama posted a pic on fb of before and after the pool but it was an awning?haha,ugh off to drink some baking soda to help my poor stomach,later peeps
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Had a great time at my friends house. Her sisters were there too and I have gotten to know them and they kind of accept hubby and I as extended family. Lots of good food and conversation.
                      Laundry is calling my name tomorrow.
                      Had to turn on the A/C boohiss....but it is HOT.....and I am a wusssss
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - so glad that you had a good time. It's so nice to be with friends like that.

Pauly - 103???? Yuck! I'm sure we'll see some of those temps this summer and I'm not looking forward to it.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh - I forgot....I just ordered Time Warner cable. I am so done with how slow our internet is. GRRRRRR Should be installed on Thursday.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora we have Time Warner but there are rumors that is is being sold/broken up. Not sure when yet. We have had really good service and support with them so this does NOT make us happy...maybe not where u live...
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hello, my peeps.
                              I hope you all had a great weekend.

We went from chilly spring to heat and humidity. Yesterday was miserable, but I didn't have the energy to put the air conditioners in. Waited for a load of dirt to be delivered at the cabin, but nada. I left the gate open for the delivery people and left. We tried calling the nursery, but their phones were down. They finally called us during our drive home- they'd just figured out their phones were down and were calling to let us know they'd be late. I'm taking my mom to visit her sister today, so I guess I'll swing by to see if they actually made it.

Comment

K9, I'm glad your mom is fine. Sorry about the flap with your friends. I would hope that a twenty year relationship wouldn't be put asunder by some drunken texts. I hope things work out okay. :h

Dottie, I was shocked to log into the fitbit site to see I'd been dropped from the ranking due to inactivity! I plugged my fitbit into the base and it wasn't recording anything to the internet! I ended up re-entering my info and pretending my current fitbit was a replacement. I'm now back up, but I can't figure out why I keep getting "dropped". I really enjoy the little gadget, but the website is unwieldy and counter-intuitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X