Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some buddies - Day 1 today 24th July

Hello,

Well, I am very very over myself (once again). I found MWO a while back then left for some reason.

The shame has got to me more than anything, I am very over waking up in the morning with no recollection of the last hour or so that I went to bed.

I have a plan.... the itchy hour I will have some kudzu & a fresh carrot & celery juice, I have also bought some pomegranette (sp) & blueberry juice, to have on ice when doing the dinner (the killer).... I've already done the dinner, so that's one thing out the way!

There are a million positives to kick this in the bum, and I need some support... please!:thanks: Jump on the wagon with me! The more the merrier!

Just about to order some more kudzu & I am more than looking forward to a healthier & happy life!

Tahlula xx

:rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Hi Tahlula,
    Yum your drink 'alternatives' sound delicious!! Great idea to substitute with some heathly tasty drinks. I would like to start out with you. I have had some stints of going AF before and stints of moderating (or not) in between.
    Ok, I will do this with you. Are you aiming at 30 days then see how you feel?
    I see you are in Australia which means you are probably in your witching hour right now. Hope you are doing OK. I am from New Zealand but live in the UK and have just woken up on Tues morning. So you are kinda a day ahead. Would love to do this though.
    Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hey Amelia - THANK YOU for the reply, yep in Australia! 30 days would be awesome - what plan of attack do you have? I think it has to be at least 30 to break the habit doesn't it?

Chat soon & thank you

Comment

Hi Tahlula,
        Well I have the book, CD's and supplements. Plus I do have a supply of Topamax that I can begin to tirate up on. I haven't been doing any of the above for a while now - lots of reasons, but none of them particularily good......probably an excuse to keep on drinking wine.
        But, I have done 30 days before and it was very helpful to have a load of people on one thread doing it together, it gives a great feeling of support!!
        So I am going to get my All One out of the cupboard, sort out my supps and topamax and begin. Thanks for posting when you did. Good timing for me
        Are you surviving the witching hour?
        Amelia
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

And yes, shall we go for 30 to begin with? x
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thank you Amelia, 30 it is! Let day one begin!!

Comment

Let Day 1 begin!!
              Right I have gotta get myself of this keyboard and get my supps sorted for my day ahead.
              Have a great evening. I will check in tonight (and you will be beginning day 2 - yippee!)
              See ya
              Amelia
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Wow!! I survived!!

4.30pm - I had the fresh juice, oh yummmm. 5pm, that's the habit glass in the hand time - so I had a beautiful tasty pomegranete mix with blueberry. It's 8.23pm and my head is clear - absolutely not one drop of wine and I feel fine!!

Bring on day 2!!

Comment

Tahlula: Keep on going! Days 1, 2, & 3 are really the hardest. Once you start feeling better, you can use that as an incentive. I'm just beginning day 15 & feel infinitely better than I've felt in years. Keep coming to MWO & sharing. That's what did it for me. Good luck, Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Thank you Mary, so, I'm a third of the way through the hardest days!!

Comment

I would love to join you. I am on day 4 (with alcohol in the house). My husband drinks still. Anyway I feel horrible, I must be detoxing still. I look foward to going 30 days with you, it'll give me 34...yeah!

Comment

T: Yes you are! That's not say that it's all going to be easy, even when you get into the double & triple digits of AF. I just got back from the supermarket w/a wine/beer aisle. I felt sorely tempted but managed to pass it by. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Mary and welcome Marisa!!

Mary, well done on passing by the wine section (I just managed to make home and into the house with no wine - its 8pm).

Day 4 Marisa, Way to go!! Glad to see we have another joining us for the 30 day stint.

Looking forward to watching our progress.

Amelia x
                          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi

Hi Tahlula - I remember you, so welcome back - really glad you chose to return!

Good luck ladies on your 30 days - there's also a 'new' 30 day thread started in Monthly Abs so feel free to jump in - a mix of times AF - some already into double digits but others day 2, 3 or 4... So congratulations on your new start and look forward to seeing you around!
                            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                            Goals:
                            Days 1-7 DONE
                            Days 8-14 DONE
                            Days 15-21 DONE
                            30 days DONE
                            60 days
                            100 days

Comment

Welcome Marisa, great to have another on board, thank you Mary & Arial for your support - how did you get on Amelia?

I woke up with a stinking headache - LOL!! Taking a liver detox tab, will take a while for all the cr** to get out of my system I suppose. My husband did not comment when he came in for dinner last nite, he was in & out, had dinner and needed to get to a meeting... like hello, I'm sober!! Just keeping it to myself (and you lovely people) is how I am happy with it at the moment! BTW the pomegranete mix is delicious!!

Here's to day 2!

Best wishes all, let's stick together!

Tah xx

Comment

Working...
                              X