Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some buddies - Day 1 today 24th July

Day 2

A & M: There's a new 30 day group as Arial pointed out, I am posting there as well.

Keep smiling

T xx
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Hey Tahlula and Marisa,

Yep made it throught the night so I am Day 2 today!!
      Decided to sleep in the lounge on the floor after about 10 mins in bed with my partner.
      I know from my previous AF stints that the first 4 days or so my sleeping isn't so hot and I tend to get mad with HIM if he snores or rolls over too many times - he he he.

But glad I didn't get that wine last night (its always the same the next morning when I pass on drinking) and I am happy to be on Day 2.
      Amelia
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Well done Amelia - it is a great feeling, isn't it! Hoep you have a great day!

I surprised myself with a pretty good night's sleep, took the kudzu & some calcium & magnesium, so all in all, great!:goodjob:

Comment

Well done to you too!! So you are coming up to your second night eh? Did you feel good during your first day (apart from the morning headache)? I do notice that I am minus the usual 'wine head'.
          Hope your evening goes 'smoothly with smoothies'!!:H

Bring on Day 3

Amelia xx
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Very new

Hi - I've read the book, and planning to get the herbs and minerals. But I don't think I can go to my GP. I'm too ashamed. They all know I have 4 children. I'm in the UK so I don't think they will prescribe it for me. I know I can't do it on my own, I try, then get into stressful situations and have a drink. I can't continue, otherwise my children will suffer.........
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

LilyRose

LR, Do not be ashamed to go to the Dr's... I initially felt like that (I went back in Feb), then went back again to ask for Campral (which I am not taking)... honestly, the best thing you can do is talk to your GP - it is a very brave move. Dr's are not there to judge you - see what you think, this is a huge step and it has taken me 7 months to even have an AF day.

I hope you can get to the Dr.

Take care & keep in touch

Tah xx

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for replying. I think this alone will help me. I will let you know. If there's anyone out there from UK who was successfully prescribed toprimate (sorry for spelling) can you let me know? :thanks:

Comment

Poppy

Hi guys

I too am starting today 25th July after having procrastinated for a good few months. Have just ordered some more topomax and still have kudzu left over.

This week I have started drinking early twice (before 2pm) which is something I never do. So scary because of the blackouts Im sure I made an idiot of myself ...understatement

My liver aches and its not fun any more. I must succeed this time but the thing I need most is support. Not going to tell anyone this time - I think that puts too much pressure on me and then guess what I end up doing!

Looking forward to sharing my journey:new:

By the way I am being prescribed topamax in the uk. Ordered online at first but asked my gp who told me to come back and let him know how I was getting on. I did a couple of months later for a different problem and he asked ME if I wanted him to prescribe!

Comment

hi Poppy

Thanks for letting me know this - It makes me feel more positive about asking. Do you mind if I ask how much you drink and how regularly? Do you think Kudzo really works? Thanks for your reply. THis is my second night, feeling ill anyway from cold. The real challenge comes on Saturday when we go to a friends house who I used to drink with. She drinks as much as me, but doesn't see it as a problem. I know she won't accept no for an answer!!!:thanks:

Good luck with your journey, I would like to know how you get on......:thumbs:

Comment

Hi LilyRose

I was on this program last year from August until , well November. I cut down my drinking for sure and lost quite a bit of weight. I rarely drank more than 1 bottle of red wine in one session and it was usually a lot less but still probably every other evening. I changed my diet as well in fact went 100 per cent raw food for 3 months which probably helped with weight loss but also made me feel lighter and more energetic. Just helped to tip the scales I think. I am now eating a vegetarian diet with the odd bit of fish. Weight has stayed off despite falling off the wagon. Gradually my drinking has picked up and I feel like s*** I have built up to 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 bottles of white wine and yesterday - omg was 3/4 of a medium sized bottle gin and 1/2 bottle of wine YUCK I can only remember the first hour after I started drinking at 2ish (new phenomonen) the rest is a complete blank. I have bruises on my arms and head. Feel soo guilty.Time to stop. I have kids too. Youngest is nearly 13.
                      I was taking topamax, kudzu b vitamins , gaba and sam-e milk thistle and eye supplements so to be honest I couldnt say whether the kudzu workked well or not, but everything in combo seemed to help. This time for me though its abstinance and if I have to avoid social events I will for a while

Comment

Hi LilyRose and Poppy:welcome:

Nice to see some more people on this thread.
                        Wow Poppy, I am impressed that you were prescribed Topamax here in the Uk.
                        When I went to the DR I went armed with the book, articles etc etc and he refused outright as he hadn't heard of Topamax been used for drinking problems before.
                        He did offer me Campral, but I had my heart set on the Topa.
                        I ended up ordering it online.
                        LilyRose I would have prefered to have a DR as backup when taking such a drug, but I figured that RJ had put so much research and info into the book that I would be OK.
                        I am looking forward to watching all of us count our days up

Hey Tahlula, you must be just about waking up to your 3rd day WAAAHOOO!

Amelia xx
                        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

hi

I too used to think drinking one bottle of wine was excessive, but now it's every 2 days and I couldn't stop at feeling nice and muzzy, I had to keep going. I am drinking 1-1/2 bottles of wine and also have black outs. I sometimes feel to have one at around 4pm but I've got better recently and now it's much later. I'm so tired all the time that I just fall asleep. My husband is oblivious and doesn't recognise a problem. Like others here, I want to keep it all to myself, as when you start telling people, the pressure is on. My eldest, 10, has mentioned something a few times and my son (8) once said 'when you're drunk you let me do more like stay up later'..... I was mortifed at this comment. I wasn't aware that it was so obvious. The thing is, I saw my mum like that, and when I was 10 I would mark the vodka bottle to make sure she didn't drink during the day. My sister has a problem too, she is seeking help. :goodjob: The thing that has helped me is reading a comment that we can't keep focussing on the bad things we did in the past, (sometimes the thing that makes me drink is the guilt of drinking) but we must focus on our future and how bright it can be. It's a dark lonely place to harbour this secret, when your work colleagues and family have no idea. As Roberta wrote, she was well aware that if she didn't stop she wouldn't see her kids grow up. I feel that too, and will use them as my motivation. I need to find something different to help diffuse stress. Well, these are my thoughts before going to bed SOBER, and hope to speak to you again tomorrow. PS: I think I will order online too. :thumbysup:

Comment

Amelia - hello, yes day 3, and feel a million bucks, after a beautiful nites sleep ((naturally)) - I love the GABA! Hope you are having a lovely sleep as I type this!! LOL

Poppy & Lily - jump on board, join in - the more the merrier - the more merrier SUPPORT!! Welcome.

Marisa - how are you getting on?

I just LOVE my celery/carrot/beetroot juices in the afternoon, also stocked up on heaps of nuts - they are very good to help with the cravings, I can honestly say, I have not had a craving for the last three days, I can only explain it as a 'mental mind shift' - about time!!

My hugs and support to you all, take care, keep smiling & think of the positives - there are millions!!

Love Tah xx DAY 3AF

Comment

Not a good start

Been awake since 5am, with all the children on my own now until Friday night. It's only gone 8am and I am already struggling. Can't make a phone call without the young one screaming to get the phone. Boys are quarrelling, and I feel exhausted. I think I have PMS too. Just feel to lie in my bed all day and not be disturbed. I am determined not to reach for a glass of wine tonight though. Any ideas on how to destress and relax with a house full of kids who need entertaining??? I'm going to take them out later as being in the house all day will be too much. Thanks for all your support, you've no idea how good it feels to be able to tell someone about this........

Comment

Hi Lily Rose, My goodness I do empathise with you. I don't have a houseful of kids and find life stressful enough. And to be honest anyone struggles getting up at 5AM. Can you get your hands on some Kalm tablets or Valerian today?
                                Natural herbal supps to calm you down during times of stress.
                                If you didn't have the lovely kiddies with you I would suggest a power walk or deep breathing exercises. Well done on getting through last night. I am sure you will make it tonight - just log on here if you feel even CLOSE to drinking and get some support.:huggy

Poppy, looking forward to seeing how you are getting on. Looks like you and I were at the same kind of levels of consumption. Hope all is going well.:fingers:

Marisa, also keen to get a progress report from you. Hope everything is going well. ray:

Hey Tah!! You are snoozing blissfully (hopefully) as I type and will be sleeping into your fourth day - Awesome Girl! :thumbs:

Gotta go get my supps etc organised now - I'm a bit behind today, so gotta get onto it!

Take care all - and remain positive.

Amelia
                                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                                X