Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some buddies - Day 1 today 24th July

Hi, I'm new

[QUOTE=retteacher;168585]Tahlula: Keep on going! Days 1, 2, & 3 are really the hardest. Once you start feeling better, you can use that as an incentive. I'm just beginning day 15 & feel infinitely better than I've felt in years. Keep coming to MWO & sharing. That's what did it for me.
    "...You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." Bob Dylan

Comment

Hi I'm new,

Comment

Hi again,
        I must have hit the post reply message botton by accident. Anyway, did the rest of you guys try to drink yourselves into oblivion more and more as you felt guiltier and guiltier about drinking? It seems like the more I think about quitting, the worst my problem becomes. If I didn't think I had a real problem before, I sure do now. I just came across this program today. Do you quit for good or do you "control your drinking?" The funny thing is that I already take topamax for seizures (I should not be drinking, huh?). How much are you suppose to take? Maybe I'd really be in bad shape if I didn't take it. I know for a fact that topamax does control binge eating (been there,done that ). Anyway, if someone wants to really talk,instead of just saying rah, rah, good job, please respond.

Comment

Hi Dingo.

Gee, hmm.

I take 200 mg. of Topamax at bedtime, some take more, others less. This dose is prescribed by my physician, others are working out their doses for themselves, finding what works for them.

There is a thread on the board, perhaps you have found it by now.

magic xx:schmokin:
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hey good to see you giving advice on this thread Bashley!!

Lilyrose, great to see you back. Like retteacher said, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and onwards and upwards!!

Welcome Dingo, lovely to see another new name on the thread, looking forward to following your progress.

Hello to everyone else. I have to go now, but will check in later. x
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Dear Dingo: Yes, I had a real problem. I drank at least 3 - 4 times per week. I drank a whole bottle of wine (a big one). I often went to bed at night blacked-out. I couldn't remember a thing the next day. I cannot drink in moderation & have been AF since the 9th of July. Once I start drinking, I cannot stop. I've been drinking alcoholically (getting progressively worse) for about 5 - 7 years. I drank alone & didn't have any success at stopping until MWO. My family & friends probably know I have a problem but not the extent of it. That's my story. Keep coming to MWO. If it helped me, it probably will help you as well. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Greetings to you on this lovely Sunday evening, boy - have I been a busy little bee today! It seems that I am de-cluttering & cleaning out my whole life! I am into a new hobby called scrapbooking, well to make way for this lovely 'new addiction' LOL, I have to clear 3 boxes of gorgeous baby girls clothes, so I have been listing like mad on ebay (another addiction) LOL!!! When I look around everything seems so much more in order, I feel great & in control. My husband pulled a couple of coldies out of the fridge & took across to the neighbour tonight, I couldn't care less - the craving, actually it's probably the desire, there, that's it! I have just hit the nail on the head!!!! The desire to drink has gone, so the cravings go!!! My God, that is it! I have made a conscience decision and am sticking to it! Whilst doing my listings, I had Wayne Dyer on in the background, tehn listened to a Louise Hay cd after that - brilliant! For those of you who are wondering who I am talking about duck into amazon and do a search on both of those people!

Anyway, day 6 Af for me today, this time next week it will be day 13 Af!!!!

I hope you are all keeping well, my love & support to you all.

Keep up the good work,

Tah xx
                :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
                Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Lily Rose

Darling girl, I just went back & read the post. Please do not compare yourself to ANYONE! Can I suggest you do a google on Wayne Dyer and try & get some of his cd's to listen to - they are awesome. Do you have any time out for yourself at all?

I have been there done that, with what you described in your post, and when I argued with the husband I would drink more too... Hang in there, it is not easy, as you know, but we are here to support you all the way. I hope you are feeling better by now - you are a worthy person & a great Mum.

Love Tah xx
                  :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
                  Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

Tahlula

Thank you so much, I cried when I read your words. Thank you.
                    I now realise that I can't do this on my own. Going to make app. with the docs and try to get the meds. Going to order everything else and start properly. What dosage of the Topomax are you on?
                    I drank nearly 2 bottles of wine last night too - ironically I woke up without a hangover. That's scary. Ah well, here we go again.......Monday tomorrow, back at work (a rest from the kids) and in answer to your question, no- I never get time out to myself. We have no-one to help us out with childcare. I think I need to make more 'me' time. I will try those CDs too. I listen to the 'drinkless mind' one which is amazing.

I'm so glad you are doing so well - it serves as an inspiration to me.

LilyRose
                    :h
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

And to the others

Hi Dingo, I completely agree with you, I too feel more guilty then drink the hide the guilt. I mentioned this before, it is a vicious circle. I also feel the urge because it softens my mood after a stressful day with the kids, and instead of being tired and useless, I come alive and creative and get more done with them. If only I could stop when I should!

Scooter, thanks for your words too. I'm a bit needy at the moment, so thanks, hope you are doing ok.

Everyone else, and Bashley - going to try your thiamin. Is this homoepathic? I use milk thistle now.

Take care all:wavin:
                      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Comment

Hi Lilyrose

It really is a vicious circle...I just told my hubby about this website and that I'm gonna TRY and quit drinking for 30 days and about all the great people on the site trying to do the same thing.. He said he'd been worried about me (but he had been too sweet to say anything about it until I mentioned it). I wonder if after 30 days you can actually drink in moderation...I've forgotten how...it used to be so easy...it just got away from me...I don't know if I became unhappy from the drinking or drinking because I was unhappy.
                        Maybe if I just come and type my fingers away every time I want a beer I'll be okay.

Comment

Magic,
                          Think I am doing this right now, I deleted my last message as I must have started a new thread. Somebody please give me some quick feedback so I don't mess up the thread. I'm new at this and right now there seems like there's a million threads going on. My teenage son assures me that I'll become a wiz at forums quickly. Please forgive my mistakes until I do.
                          I'm am with the thread now?

Comment

Hi Dingo,

Yes, you're with the thread.

Thank goodness for teenage boys!!!! (well.......) I have two and a 15 year old daughter who is a whiz on the puter as well.

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it, soon.

I LOVE your kitty!!!!!

magic xxx:schmokin:
                            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                            I am in the next seat.
                            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Welcome Tahlula, Dingo, LilyRose, and any others I might have missed. This is a great place. Dingo, you'll get the hang of posting in no time. Just keep at it. Tahlula, I love Wayne Dwyer, Louise Hay, any many of the others at Hay House radio. Do you have access to that? Hay House Radio | Radio For The Soul | Listen Live to Hay House Authors | Homepage . You can hear many of the shows live or you can become an archieve member for free and listen to all the past shows. I like to listen to Dawn Breslin-she is a confidence coach from Scotland, Crystal Andrus- she is a life coach and fitness coach, Wayne Dwyer, and lots and lots of others. They have topics that cover just about everything. You can listen from you computer ot download it to your ipod, which is what I do. Then I listen to them in my car or when I am walking. Amazing stuff. Anyway-nuff said but that. What I really wanted to say was HI and:welcome:
                              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Hello, wondering if i could join the group,

Comment

Working...
                                X