November Abbercise...just do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is!! The November Abbercise thread. I purpose anyone with anything to say about exercising while abstaining put it down here. If it?s only to say you got off the couch to change the channel, great, that?s a start. If you want to talk about yoga or just ran your first 5k, kudos to you. Know of a great kick boxing video, name it. If you just finished an ironman, you?re on your own?.just kidding. The point being I see all this great progress we?ve made with the support of others. I say we do the same with our exercise habits. Make it a daily habit or maybe every other day, "just do it"!! I realize there is a focus on fitness thread but I somehow feel we are a group with special circumstances and maybe a few more unique issues.
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Getting my arse off the couch and playing soccer with the kiddies!! Then going to a relatives house...that will be an exercise of patience:H

nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hiya OMW. I really want to get back into some sort of exercise routine. I walk my dogs everyday twice a day but I dont think thats enough. I need to work a sweat up I think. I need some motivation. The winter here is dark wet and miserable and I have little spare time (most of which is spent here )) I know, excuses excuses. I must give it a try though!
      Right, I've said it now.....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I love it!!! it's those baby steps that count...
        Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

ok.......i will try to actually DO something instead of saying it! i just carried in groceries for 2 households, does that count?

maybe i will do some wii bowling.....lol
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hi
            I used to post a lot in the past about my tennis workouts and biking.I have been still doing the workouts just not posting will start again.Anyway played a tennis league match this afternoon lost a close match but still had a great time. It was nice being with people who live a healthy lifestyle.This is the kind of change that I needed to help get al out of my life.
            Will be doing a 35 mile bike ride with my wife tomorrow .The bike club we joined is having the fall bike festival and it should be a fun time.
            Just remember a run around the block will be a lot less painful then the hangovers we used to live with.Just do it what ever it is that gets your heart pumping.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08

Comment

Evening all. Just get out of the house, even if it's just a walk around the block,or paddock. force yourself. have your running/walking shoes by the door. There's a cool bloke in the U.S.A. called John Bingham, aka, 'the penguin'. He has a column in 'runner's world' magazine (great mag), but if you google him, his site should come up. He's an exsmoker/drinker, turned his life around, and now run's marathon's, SLOWLY. He's a battler who's at the back of the pack, but it's his philosophical ramblings about having a go that are priceless. Now...GET OUT THERE YOU LAZY @#$*%^%^&! love to all, G.

AF since 26 October 2008.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

huff, puff! I did a very intense couple hours of jiu jitsu today and while I'm very glad I did something odd happened. About an hour in I suddenly got a horrible stabbing headache in the back of my head and behind my eyes. WTF? I drank some water and slowed down a bit and it's very slowly subsiding but I can still feel it. ???

Caysea 35 miles? whew! enjoy.

good to have you all here....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

I took a healthy one.....I think I lost 5lbs. ....Ha! IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi all, I was a regular in this thread until things fell apart a couple of months ago!! Glad to see you are keeping up with the tennis and biking Caysea!!

Have been getting back into the exercise over the last couple of weeks. Its a bit easier to do that no as spring has sprung, the days are longer and the weather has made a distinct improvement. I'm having a very lazy weekend though ....... my partner is sick and we haven't done our weekend routine thing of going to the gym ..... of course I could go on my own but I think I'll stay here and smooth his furrowed brow ....:H:H

But 6:30am tomorrow I shall be there!!!

mame
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Walked up to the grocery store and post office after dinner... thanks for the encouragement, I need it!

wip

Comment

Wow, what a great beginning to the month!

Mame, did you do a tri last month?? How'd it go??

The weather here has been clear and unseasonably warm, going on a long bike ride today before hauling the kidlets to soccer. As weather goes here, it could be snowing tomorrow and this may be my last chance to ride outdoors.

Comment

Okay, we'll try this again for November. I'm glad to see more people adding to the motivation of working out. Every little bit counts, whether it's a walk to the grocery store or a triathlon. Welcome one and all to a new month!!! Exercise is going to be important during these next two months as we will all be piggin' out on lots of holiday food.
                          I've been very proud of myself in keeping up with my workout regimine. On October 13th, I started working out 6 days a week and have now made it through a 3rd week. Sometimes I feel like on the mornings that I feel the most lazy, when I make myself get up and go to the gym, I actually have one of my better workouts.
                          And I know I always plug this website, but it's really got me excited: LIVESTRONG.COM - Health, Fitness, Lifestyle. Go visit it, and click on Daily Plate. It's not just about tracking your food intake, it will also tell you how many calories you're burning during your daily activities.
                          When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

IAD what would we do without you man? hahahahaah! you so bad.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Feel a bit of a fraud posting on here - after 54 AF days I slipped up end of Oct and drank on holiday includ 1st Nov. HOwever I'm aiming to abstain again and I'm still exercising and continuing my goal to get fit and run another marathon one day.

Today I swam 36 lengths at 7.30am, I've now lost 13lbs in weight since mid Aug.
                              Keep going everyone, Part of my problem is I feel really well despite the odd drink during the last week and I'm scared i'll slip back to my old ways !!

Comment

Working...
                              X