November Abbercise...just do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guy's. On day 16 here, and feeling great. At present though, (not going to drink) just feeling a bit flat, until i read a couple of posts from a couple of abbersizer's who have slipped, but back af for 2 day's, 4 etc, and their enthusiasm for resuming their AF life reminded me again of why i went/am AF. Thank's. Just a thought. Now. Off boxing tomorrow night, hitting the bag. 'Cause the bag doesn't hit back! Keep punching...G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi all

Football tonight and swimming again tomorrow night..I managed 16 lenghts of the 25 mtre pool last week before my face turnred blood red..Hope to beat that tomorrow..Also been referred to a fitness advisor from the drug and alcahol team..Its a free gym..So gonna give them a bell this morning..

If i can only get off the sugar in the evenings i might start to see an improvement soon..

Keep up the good work all
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

caysea;464375 wrote: Hi All
        Just discovered the reason I am loosing upper body strength and it has to do with being AF.I haven't finished gathering my data yet but everything is pointing to the fact that my recycling bin is missing the beer bottles .I used to have to gather all the strength I had to lift it and carry it to the curb.Now a girl scout could carry it out.I guess I will have to dust off the weights and start pumping iron again.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08
        :H:H:H: Thank you for that so excellent laugh on a Monday Morning!!!

Deter, you are making me want to go play paint ball. I bet the equipment used and the nature of THAT game has changed a LOT in the too-big-of-a-number-to-count-that-high-years since I played it.

Hi also to Swimmin' Sausage and Spinnin' WIP and Grumpsy Mame and Mack and Guitarista!

It feels so good to work out Monday mornings after Sunday off! I pushed it hard today and then played hop scotch for the first time in...oh....45 years or so?? as part of the Turkey Trot game this month. Won 2 Curves bucks which will soon come in handy as I will be eligible for my 200 workout T-shirt in another month. (25 to go)

Sausage, the mention of your jog has me thinking that by spring, I want to pick an additional something to do outdoors. I can't imagine ever stopping Curves so that's not what I mean. An add-on!! I've been checking the Junior College catalog for a photography course for spring semester. I should look and see what they might have for exercise other than the gym. (they have a nice circuit, but I'm already doing that at Curves)

:b&d: :sofa: :b&d: Hey - who is the whip cracker these days???

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

4 mile run, it felt great!! Trying to psyc myself up for the dreaded sit ups. Deter, love to tac combat shoot. How are the finger tips??? Resort to the mag loader?

Doggie, you'll always be the whip cracker!!
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

OMW, you really do impress with those runs. I don't think I could do 4 miles if the boogeyman was chasing me!

Got to Curves early again today - about 6:15 and the place was already very busy once again! But it's fun as long as everyone follows the circuit rules and changes stations every time the voice says to. Yesterday and today were both very good in that regard.

The game today was Twister and I'll tell ya what, I was VEREE thankful to have gotten all "feet moves" on my 3 spins. Whew. Some of the others were not so lucky which had some rather comical looking results. Working out every day is paying off in the November Turkey Trot (a made up board game - NOT an actual running event LOL!). If I'm lucky and roll high the next couple of days, I might be out in front where my turkey is less likely to get cooked all the time. :H Yes, we are silly silly silly and it sure is fun!

So...um...like where is everyone???? :b&d: :sofa:

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Evening all!
              Been swimming tonight once my kids were in bed (my old witching hour!) swam 42 lengths (25m pool). Feel much better for it.

Comment

Hi All
                Well I did break out the wgts and did a light workout Mon AM and then 30 min on the stepper in the evening
                Tues easy day light 30 min workout on the stepper.I have a league tennis match Wed AM so today was easy day.
                Good to see everyone getting in some form of exercise it does the mind and body good

AF 5-16-08
                AF 5-16-08

Comment

OK, I'm getting consistent with the spinner, did 18 minutes yesterday and 16 today. Just getting myself back into the habit (wow, those good habits are a LOT easier to "give up" than the BAD ones are!!!)...

wip

Comment

A Work in Progress;465974 wrote: OK, I'm getting consistent with the spinner, did 18 minutes yesterday and 16 today. Just getting myself back into the habit (wow, those good habits are a LOT easier to "give up" than the BAD ones are!!!)...
                    just you wait WIP - pretty soon you'll be wondering why you ever had to struggle into it!

I swopped gym this morning for a long walk this evening ....... perfect start-of-summer day. Wish I could send our weather to everyone as it truly is fabulous! Mind you, it is just as likely to be a howling gale tomorrow! One of my office mates has been sea swimming this week - I usually wait until Xmas but in a rush of bravado I promised that I would cycle down to the harbour on Monday and swim with him. OMG - how can I improve my braveness quotient before then????!!
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Aunty Mame;466060 wrote: OMG - how can I improve my braveness quotient before then????!!
                      We will send a very scary monster dude your way, who has a gun AND a knife, to chase you. We will tell you an important secret ahead of time.....he can't swim. So there is hope.....

Will THAT help get you into the water? That's the only thing that might get ME into the water LOL. Or maybe I would just choose to death by scary monster dude....

WIP - good job on the daily spinnin'!! You are very right about good habits being easier to give up (by a LOOOOOONNNNNG shot) than bad ones.

So Caysea - did you kick ass in your league match today??

Sausage - 42 lengths of ANY pool, including the kiddie pool kind of pool, sounds like a LOT of work to me!!

Today was a HUGE chance for me to get out in front in the Curves November Turkey Trot. You have to play the game of the day in order to roll the dice and move. The "game" today was to provide the name of a friend that might be interested in a 1 week free trial at Curves. Being the sales type and all, of COURSE I came up with a name. Most people didn't. So here's my big chance. I need to roll a 5 to be in a tie for the lead. What do I roll????? a ONE. Now if rolling a one got me some big Curves Bucks or something, I could NEVER roll a one!! Good thing I'm not inclined to gamble as that would be VEREE bad for me!! :H

Oh...now that the important stuff is out of the way (game of the day and all) - I had the best workout according to the Eville Komputer that I've had in a couple weeks. I felt it too - I just had really good energy today. Now I wish I knew why so I could replicate!!

The workout week is already 1/2 over. Where do the days go? Time is flying! Have a great abbercize today everyone!

DG :b&d:
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Today was an 80% day at Curves. So rather than sort of float right on through it, I made sure to really concentrate on my form on each machine. And I also tried to not be lazy about a few machines that I struggle to keep up with (the Eville Komputer sets a goal for your rep pace, and a light tells you if you are on pace or not). So since I was at 80% anyway, I made sure not to "give up" on the machines that are the most difficult.

So I felt pretty good about *thinking* along with *doing* for today.

The game of the day in the Turkey Trot was Hula Hoop. Geez - haven't done THAT since I was a kid. They have these giant weighted hula hoops which actually turn out to be quite fun. The goal was to get it at least 5 times around and I managed to do that. I might hula hoop more often after my regular work out! Having amassed all these Curves Bucks I've been shopping for T-shirts a bit lately. My "30 Minute Diva" shirt came in today and I'm pretty happy with that one.

Have a kick ass exercise day everyone!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone
                          Was going to run today (my little boy is at nursery for a few hrs on Thursdays and of course my daughter is in school) so it's always a good day to go for a run, but the weather in England today has been really miserable, cold and very wet, just couldn't motivate myself to go for a run! Did go shopping briefly and bought myself a pair of black ankle boots, but that doesn't count does it!! They weren't cheap but then when I think the money i've saved on alchohol this year, I can justify it, also because i'm continuing to lose weight steadily I'm reluctant to "treat myself" on clothes which may also be too big in a few months. I aim to go swimming tonight - typing it on here is more likely to make me commit to it when the kids are in bed - will update you on how I did.
                          S

Comment

Just to update - I did go swimming - over 40 lengths - feel much better for it!

Comment

Hi All
                              Played the league tennis match on wed and lost.The opponent is in first place in the league so the outcome was not a surprise.The aspect I look at is even though I lost a match I still got my exercise.I socialized in a positive activity that is now a big part of my sober lifestyle.After the match I went over to the YMCA and got in a nice hour of light lifting and stretching,I had stayed semi active during my drinking days but now I am able to fully enjoy the active lifestyle that years ago was a big part of my life.
                              Thur rest day and today a tennis hitting workout with a friend.It feels so great to be able to enjoy a passion I used to have.
                              One of the keys to my success is finding a physical outlet that is consuming me the way drinking did .I have to plan my workouts just like I used to spend time planning my drinking.It has replaced that aspect of the addiction.

AF 5-16-08
                              AF 5-16-08

Comment

It's Saturday, been to the gym this afternoon - did about 15 mins on static exercise bike, about 10 mins on cross trainer, went on the vibraxis machine for 10 mins (the thing that's supposed to vibrate all your muscles and give you an entire body work out in 10 mins and then swam for 20 mins !

Comment

Working...
                                X