November Abbercise...just do it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go, Nat! I hope that nerve gets un-pinched (how do those things work, I wonder?)! Sausage, I hope you're better soon. Bummer.

CCM, good for you on that walking stuff!

I'm getting back into the habit of almost-daily workouts, and yesterday began just a little bit (10 minutes total) of jogging/walking intervals along with the spinning. I do KNOW that my knees swell up when I run, or at least they have in the past... probably I was over-doing it, as usual, too. We'll see. Anyhow, nice to throw it into the mix, for now. One of these days, I'll start doing some rowing, too. I have a small workout setup in the basement, treadmill, rower, some free weights... but it's kind of grim down there. The spinner is up in the living room in front of the TV, much more convenient and easy to talk myself into using that one.

Feels great to be getting back into the routine. Takes MUCH less effort now to get my workout done!

wip

Comment

WIP, how handy. I'm assuming a spinner is like an exercise bike?

ok, you all have inspired me to pack my gi bag. I'm heading to jiu jitsu tonight for a nice therapeutic beating. LOL!

weeeeeee
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Where is everyone on the exercise front!

I haven't been able to - first I was ill, now both my kids (and husband away so no-one to look after them) feel guilty, it's been nearly a week since I did any decent exercise but hope to get back to it soon.

What's everyone been up to?

Comment

Thanks, Sausage! Still here, still working out! Nearly 30 minutes of cardio daily, 6 days a week. Sadly, yesterday, I found that the plumbers had dropped a lot of grit onto my treadmill, so it is making bad noises... I need to get it fixed, now, I guess. But I am using the spinner (yes, Det, it's an exercise bike thing) and my rower (Concept II "ergometer"). Having thoughts (but only thoughts, so far... ) of working in some resistance training.

Sorry you are having such a tough time with kids etc.!! I know you'll feel great when you get back into it, and I hope very soon!

wip

Comment

Hi All
            OK time for us to get back on track! Nothing wrong with a holiday from our workouts or if you kept it up great going.I took a week off from biking and playing tennis while I visited my daughter and her husband in Michigan.Put on a couple of pounds but thats OK it will come off fast this week .I have a tennis tournament starting Wed. and that will give me plenty of exercise.The off week in a way was good mentally and physically it gave my batteries time to recharge.I am looking forward to getting back on the court.Win or lose it is exercise and is part of my healthy lifestyle that replaces the destructive al.
            It was to windy to get in a tennis workout today so used the stepper for a half hour aerobic workout.Will do some stretching later need to taper for the tournament.
            Dec. is coming good month to use exercise as a diversion for the many parties and social obligations we find ourselves in.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
            X