February 09 Abbercisers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 09 Abbercisers!

:welcome: everyone to the February abbercisers thread. It's the start of another month!!

Looking back on January I achieved my goal most weeks of 4 exercise sessions a week (not bad with a 3 yr old a 4 yr old and a part time job). There was one week, I think, when I only managed 3, but that was when Mr Sausage was working away for a few days and there was no-one to take care of the kids in the evening.

Well today I got February off to a good start by going swimming (40 lengths) at 8.30am. Really enjoyed it although it was bitter outside (UK expecting snow today and there is a very chilly wind.) The swimming pool seemed warmer than ususal though, to make up for it.

Have a great exercising February abbercisers - look forward to learning what you all get up to.

Take care

Sausage xx

February 09 Abbercisers!

Mind if I jump in on this thread??? I joined you at the pool this morning Sausage and did 40 too. It was a real effort to get out of bed and go especially as it was so cold and frosty. It was worth it though. Have come back and had a good healthy breakfast, dried my hair and we're about to set off for a long walk! Now, all I need to do is keep it up! Weekends are not a problem for fitting in the exercise, its the weekdays with working but I'm hoping coming here each day, you guys will put me to shame and I'll be inspired to get my act together and make time during those weekdays!!!

Have a great day!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Welcome to the thread Janice - have you not been on "abbercisers" before. It's a great thread and we all post what exercise we do - even if it's just a brisk walk, as I believe it goes hand in hand with sobriety and a new healthy lifestyle. Please you enjoyed your swim!! Don't forget to post your "long walk" down as exercise too. "See" you later!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi. Being AF all weekend and enjoying exercising. Did a pump class this morning - I wish that my gym would invest in some proper airconditioning so that I didn't have to feel like I am working out in a sauna. Just impressed my husband with how many push-ups I can do on my toes, he is not impressed that his wife is now stronger than him.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

ezzmae;534878 wrote: Hi. Being AF all weekend and enjoying exercising. Did a pump class this morning - I wish that my gym would invest in some proper airconditioning so that I didn't have to feel like I am working out in a sauna. Just impressed my husband with how many push-ups I can do on my toes, he is not impressed that his wife is now stronger than him.
          Cool Girl Power!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hey all! I am new to this thread. And fairly new to MWO. I had a AF month of January and damn proud. My new exercise gadget is the Wii Fit and loving it! I've lost 8 pounds in 1 month and feel great. I also have been running on my treadmill, using my elliptical and kick boxing classes at work during noon hour. I did not even have much extra weight on me, just the puffiness from drinking over the festive season. So anyone else have a Nintndo Wii Fit?? What a great invention on Nintendo's part!!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi Abbercisers! Thank you Sausage for kicking off a new month! And great start too for you and Janice with a long swim each.

Janice - one thing that has helped me in my mind when I think I don't have time to exercise is recalling how much time (lots and lots of it!) that I managed to find for drinking. That quickly eliminates the "no time" excuse! Have fun on that walk!

ezzmae you are one strong chick!

Lynnie I am totally jealous of your Wii Fit. I have heard those are both fun and a great workout. Can I come to your house?

Sunday is normally my day off of exercise for the week, but since Friday was a messed up day and I didn't exercise, I did yoga for inflexible people this morning and I'm so glad I did! There are lots of different routines on this DVD that are different lengths and focusing on different things. I did a 45 minute general strength and flexibility routine. I'm glad my yoga efforts are not on a web cam or anything.

:b&d::sofa: OK! Where are the rest of the troops!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Doggygirl - It is totally fun! It was so hard to find but I finally got mine. Do they not sell the Wii Fit where u are? I wasn't a big fan of yoga but have been doing this on the Wii and my midsection is tightening up!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

I recently purchased a DVD from Amazon, Pilates for Fragile backs. It has lots of choices of routines, including a 20 minute quickie that fits nicely into my existing exerciuse routine. The DVD actually included both Yoga and Pilates, no equipment.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Really interested in yoga DG (especially as I'm trying meditation) and pilates I have tried before (years ago!) and loved it - I have a bad back and it really helps strengthen the core tummy muscles. I will check out that dvd on Amazon Sunbeam - if I can't get out to exercise midweek then maybe I need to think about what I can do at home. Thanks for the thought!! DG, have you had yoga lessons or have you gone straight into the dvds??

Enjoyed our long walk, walked at a good brisk pace for exactly an hour!!

love Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi Janice,
                      I did take a 5 week Yoga class last summer. It is helpful, probably safest to start with a class. There are also good overview instructions on this video. A good book I've purchased is Yoga for Arthritis by Fishman & Saltonstall. It is easier to follow a DVD than a book, but the book is better about describing precautions for specific conditions.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

hi kids and welcome to the newer folks!

i did a brisk 40 minute walk with the dogs, it is darn near freezing here and windy!

will get on the treadmill in a few and run some walk some hills...i'm feeling stron, but not strong enough to do pushups on my toes!!!

have a wonderful day all

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

gosh, everyone is so inspiring! Feels like the month started with a bang!

Sausage: the post about reviewing your goals was a good one ....... I've been giving myself a hard time for the last week or so, but after I read your post I went back and looked at my exercise diary and realised that I too had managed to get something done for a minimum of 4 days out of 7 every week in Jan. Just didn't stick to some other goals :no::sigh:

Swam both days on the weekend, one of them in the sea. But it was at a different beach from the one we usually swim at (the Olympic sea swim trials were going on this weekend at the usual place) and the water at the substitute place is a good 2-3 degrees colder I reckon. And I was a bit tired when we started as I had cycled 22km to get there. End result was that I have ended up with a chill and feeling like crap! Had to come into work today unfortunately, but plan on going home and back to bed as soon as the stuff that I need to do is out of the way.

have a good day everyone!
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

To all running friends. This morning, AAth was kind enough to let me know, the Chicago marathon registration is now open....I dare to see you there!

I'm off and running! whoooohooo!!
                            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

well done everyone keeping up the good work in spite of inclement weather.

I hauled my sick as to kickboxing yesterday and although it was very tough I'm very glad I went
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X