Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hello abbercisers!!

I am beat, but wanted to comment on : YOGA TOTALLY ROCKS!!

I have been taking a class for over a year now, and if I would just try to do the sun salutations 3-4 other days of the week, I would be strong and well balanced. It is just so good for you! And you can change the moves if you have a bad back or knees or...
    anyway, I highly recommend it!

Lynnie--we got a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. I have only done the fit program a couple of times, but think it's great. What kind of routine do you do?? All of it?? AND great job on the AF January BTW!

Later friends. :h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

I was planning to walk to work today but with the heavy snow, school's closed so I'm in the middle of cleaning all my windows..............very vigorously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Working up a bit of a sweat!! Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hello abbercisers!

Lynnie - they sell those Wii thingys here, it's just not in my budget right now. I'm sure if I actually tried it, it would move up the budget priority list. For now I'm salivating that I finally get to order my Vitamix tomorrow!

Sunbeam, can you provide the name of the pilates/yoga DVD you are talking about? Also, thanks for the book recommendation. I'm going to see if they have that at the library.

Janice - I found a place where I've gone 3 weeks in a row to the Monday yoga class, but only once on any other day of the week. I'm going to try to make the Friday class this week too so for awhile anyway, I'm getting some instructor input in addition to forging ahead on my own at home.

LVT - thank you for the yoga endorsement! What I am really hoping to get out of yoga as a high priority physically is more flexibility. I'm VERY stiff in my joints. Of course I also like the strength building and meditative aspects. After a year of going to your class, would you say you are more flexible than when you started? I'd be interested in your experience with that (and also strength & meditative aspects!)

Big Hearty Hello to everyone else who has already started checking in for the month! And of course a Big Hearty :b&d::sofa: to those who have not!

My Monday goals have been met with both yoga class today, and Curves + bootcamp extras. The extras this week include two different ab exercises and I can always use extra ab work! The yoga teacher today (same one as last week - hope we have a regular teacher now!) also does healing therapy and meditation. So for the meditation part of our class, she brought one of these bowls that she likes to use which makes a sort of ringing noise. She still guides the meditation through the chakras (sp) but I really like that ringing sound - I feel like it helped me slow my brain down which is a challenge. There was a BOY in our class today too. I'm so used to Curves where the only "boys" we see are the ones there to deliver something (mail, UPS, FedEx) in which case we give them a lot of grief. I had a little internal giggle thinking about how lucky this guy was to be in the yoga ladies' company rather than the Curves ladies' company.

I didn't do my official weigh / measure at Curves today but I'm due for it, so will probably do it Wednesday or Thursday. I have been a little concerned as Mr. Eville (scale) here at home shows me up a little bit in weight. But it also thinks I'm down a little bit in fat%. So I got on the Curves scale and also tested with the body fat meter and it appears that's the case. So YEAH for more MUSCLE!! This maintenance thing will take me awhile to get comfortable with. I'm not sure at all about this little up tick in the scale. But the fit of the clothes is fine so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Well, that's the Abbercise Report from here. Have a kick ass day everyone! :b&d:

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

just walked for an hour and half, i needed to walk away some serious cravings i have been having today...feel alot better and am going to make dinner and watch "intervention" to remind myself why i am on the road to total sobriety!!!

31 days today...

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Wow, this looks like the thread for me! I am a big fan of exercise even when using AL I was daily but now being AF (Day 5 now) I have even more energy?

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi everyone. Yesterday I did a body attack class, 60 minutes of cardio hell in a gym that doesn't have proper aircon, like working out in a sauna. Today did 60 minutes of weights, upping them the whole time. Haven't been doing much in the evenings at the moment. Just too tired and too hot.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi everyone.......Managed a 2 hour walk in deep snow yesterday and could really feel the pull in my legs. Something was happening!!! Snow still here today but sun is shining and I'm going to get out and have a brisk walk. Have a great day....

Janicexxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi Abberciser's,

Hope don't mind me jumping in here. I've been walking on my treadmill 2x a day for 20 minutes-6 days a week for almost 2 weeks now. Because of deterating disc and arthritis my doc has told me not to jog but i do walk as fast as I can under a jog.
                  Next week I intend to add some light weight lifting and stretching exercises. ( but probalbly no push ups on my toes! alas.)
                  I'm also going to check out the Yoga for Arthritis and Yoga for inflexible people as well.

Lynnie-Do they have these type of options on th Wi Fit? Do you know?

Although I still have to push myself to get on the dreaded treadmill- I have to admit that do feel better when I'm done. I actually sort of missed it when I took my Sunday off.

So here I go guys. Trying to make it a healthier and AF Feb.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hello abbercisers! :b&d:

Welcome lilmea! This is just my opinion but Dreaded + Treadmill = Dreadmill. Actually, I know what you men about getting into exercise and feeling good when you are done, and missing it a bit on your day off. I never thought I would get there but I'm there. It beats the snot out of hangovers!

I did my Curves workout today + the boot camp extras. I do not have a planned agenda for yoga today, however this evening I may take a peek at the AM/PM Yoga DVD and see what that's all about for a relaxing pre-bed time stretch. I haven't looked at that DVD at all yet, and there is a 10 minute special thingy from the Dalai Lama on the topic of "Finding Peace." So maybe I'll find some peace AND a good stretch later today!

Tomorrow Yoga is on the agenda. No class - but Yoga for Inflexible People in the morning. There are lots of different tracks on that DVD so I won't run out of things to try any time soon.

If you haven't exercised yet today, GET OFF THAT SOFA!!! :b&d::sofa:

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Believe it or not I actually did 30 minutes on the dreadmill and another 15 on the rowing machine. If I can do "something" daily, I'll be doing a lot better than I am right now. My weight is the same--guess all those m & m's didn't stick! :H

I'm going to give up the diet pop next. That's going to be tough!

DG--what is the name of your yoga dvd set--sounds like a good one?
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Lilmea, we have a wii fit with a bunch of options. I will check out the yoga stuff and report back on what is expected, nat
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

hi dudes and dudettes

i did a 35 minute spin class and 45 minutes on the tm (i started walking backwards at a 6-7 incline for 5 minutes at 3.0 and can REALLY feel it in my outer thighs...love it!), weights and some yoga tonight.

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Evening All!

The smallest dog is being spoiled at her 'Aunties' this week, so I was able to get up a cracking pace this morning when I was walking the other two. I even managed to get in some intervals of 1 min running 1 min walking. I was out for 1hr 20. I wear a heart rate monitor and record the results daily. B.
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Goodmorning abberciser's

Done with my 2x20 on the dreadmill. It's not so bad once I get to it and do it.

Thank-OMY for checking that for me.

Peacenik-what are spin classes. I picture that toy my kid use to sit on and then spin themselves around by a handle in the middle. lol.

Sweety-I'll be glad when it gets warm enough to get out side here.

Time to get the rest of my day going. Have a good one all.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

February 09 Abbercisers!

Hi all! I've been switching up days between yoga and Curves, but will still meet or exceed my minimum goals for the week. Today I did Curves again. Gotta batten down the hatches on my food intake as I'm up a couple of pounds. I don't ever want that to get out of control again!!

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X