• Show
Clear All

I really don't think I can stop

a

Little Sister! What's up????

Comment

I'm sorry. I tried to delete my original post.

I feel so....

I just know I need to change but not sure I have the determination/strength

Comment

Hi Little Sis --There are a lot of us here who at one time or another believed they could not stop. There are also a lot of us who are still drinking and want to stop or at least get control of their drinking. And there are some of us who have put together a period of AF (alcohol free) days, weeks or even months. We all have one thing in common -- we are afraid of our drinking habits and need to change.

This is a great site and lots of warm and loving people who will not judge you. They simply want to support you and they are willing to share with you their own stories. We would love to get to know you and help if we can. Look forward to being in touch. Good luck to you and God bless.
        Matt

Comment

i think you can:yougo:

I know it will be difficult for me too....
          How is your saturday shaping up? What are your plans??
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Little sis, you want to give up or you wouldn't be on this site. The determination comes from within as to WHY you want to give up. As long as you keep that reason fixed firmly in your mind, you will find the strength. Try going one day AF. Just one day.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09
            AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

am not ready either, honey, but the people on here are such an inspiration, come and share, your problems you wont regret it :welcome:

Comment

Little sis, at one point everyone who has stopped drinking didn't think they could but they did. It may take some starts and stops but you can do it. The only failure is giving up trying.

Comment

hi little sis,determonation willpower,or is it just that were scared to live or try to live sober,or do we even no how,gyco i wish you well you found a gret site

Comment

Hi hun. I know that feeling but you know what, you have got the will nd determination. You just need to really want to change and when you do, it'll be worth all the hell!! sometimes a good kick up the ass helps *lol*
                    You can do it and we're here for when you decide it's time!

Comment

Thanks for all your messages of support.

I'm in a real dark place at the moment. Today has not been good.

I feel humbled by your responses.

Comment

Sorry today is not a good day. Anything you want to talk about. Lots of loving people here would be willing to lend a sympathetic ear. Lots of love to you.
                        Matt

Comment

Little Sister
                          Sorry u are having a difficult time sometimes it helps when u write it down or perhaps u would like to go to chat top left hand corner. Loads of help and support here.
                          Luv

Comment

I really wish I could.
                            I can feel the support but I'm really confused. I'm struggling to find a strong "root" to hold on to.

Comment

Little Sister;541901 wrote: I really wish I could.
                              I can feel the support but I'm really confused. I'm struggling to find a strong "root" to hold on to.
                              Hi Little Sister I understand and hear your confusion, just again to reiterate that u are not alone. You know u have choices u are not stuck. You can make the choice to go alcohol free or moderate ur drinking for one day and u will get all the support and love u need here. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X