I really don't think I can stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lil Sister -- I hope that today is a better day for you. When you feel like it, let us know how you are doing. God bless. :welcome:
    Matt

Comment

Lil Sis

Please check in with us. Are you doing alright today???

HUGS

Comment

I didn't sign in yesterday. I made a wrong decision and after 1AF day had a drink.
        I don't know where I'm at anymore. I know I'm only going at this in a half hearted fashion and I don't think I've really decided to stop. The problem with that is, that I'm making myself miserable, life is becoming harder to cope with, I have no self respect.
        SORRY....

Comment

Hello Darling

-Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, still drinking BUT I can live with myself.

I posted on here a couple of months ago saying I was SOOOO scared to quit drinking. I don't know how to live my life sober and yet, I have everything going for me.

I posted earlier about eating an elephant. (Lets kick this bastard). Sis, just remember, this is YOUR shit, so it actually doesn't matter what anyone else says (and brother, don't people (well meaning) have a lot to say?)

So far, I manage an A/F monday and boy oh boy, do I feel 10 foot tall and bullet proof on Tuesdays. (Can't sleep on Mondays but I'll work through that later.....only know how to pass out, not go to sleep). Still drink on Tuesdays and the rest of the week, but will work on those other nights too.

So, instead of beating yourself up, why not just wait 15 minutes before getting that first drink? Do that for a week and then try another 15 minutes. Before you know it, you'll be waiting up to have that drink and at some stage you'll probably think "I'll have a little sleep first" and then BINGO, it'll be the next day.

Doesn't sound like much of a solution, but if you just try it on Monday, you might be surprised. Before you know it, Monday will be A/F and then you can start working on another day of the week.

Go hard girlfriend...............know I care

Muppett xx

Comment

Working...
          X