I really don't think I can stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Sister;541877 wrote: Thanks for all your messages of support.

I'm in a real dark place at the moment.
    Today has not been good.

I feel humbled by your responses.
    :welcome: Hang in there...and remember that you are not alone and AL will NOT help when things are dark. I have been there too.

Comment

I too was in a very dark place not long ago. I decided to stop drinking and the first few days were really bad. On day 6, I am irritable but I relize now that if I keep this up then everything is going to be better. Because drinking, aka my favorite escape, has only been magnifying my problems.

Best Wishes!

Liath
      Liath

Comment

I'm sorry. You all sound so positive.

I feel weak willed and pathetic but at the same time I don't know what to do for the best.
        I have 3 children, 1 with severe learning disabilities and I "need" my wine to get through the day/night

Comment

Dont be sorry! I am struggling too!

It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. I was in grad school and working full time, very stressed, and used beer, wine or whatever to stay sane. Or so I thought. I have known for years though, in the back of my mind, that the one thing I thought I NEEDED was actually slowly (and sometimes quickly) destroying me!

Thats why we are here. I am new to this website but its helping.

:l
          Liath
          Liath

Comment

Hi Folks

I am a newbie as of today. Tomorrow I intend to be a/f. I cry as I read some of the posts as I have experienced a painful loss of my brother. He was a doctor. He died of hepital-renal syndrome at 49. (Liver and Kidney failure). You would think that I would not touch the stuff, but I am unable. I am slipping further into this mess.

I am very blessed to have a great wife, wonderful son and wonderful career. I am about the same age now as my brother when he died and I want TO LIVE. I am not as social as I once was. I am becoming a couch potato. I don't feel good. My career affords me a considerable amount of time off. I am drinking as my hobby. This is not good for my health I can tell. I am ready to shut the drinking hobby down.

I have ordered the MWO starter package and intend to succeed at the plan. Guys, tell me about it. I look forward to my mood upgrades in the future. In my profession you really have to hit bottom to seek professional help. Otherwise you have a bullseye on you. I have yet to hit bottom, but if I don't address this the bottom is not far away. Wohboy is wo-boy. Like Stop.

Thanks Y'all

Comment

You are rig

Comment

! you're right.

I don't want to reach rock bottom to stop drinkng, and i know that's where I'm heading.

Logic. Seems to play no part in this...

Comment

Liking the buzz, no logic required, just the buzz. That defies logic, but that's where we are comfortable.

Comment

liking the buzz and unable to get through some stuff sober. A combination that leads to disaster. been there too long and just learning to get through a social conversation without clutching the arms of my chair.
                    Matt

Comment

You know what they say, one day at a time, one hour, one minute. Tomorrow is a day I look forward to with clearer eyes. When I stop I have sweats at early mornings, shake a little and little appetite. Classic stuff for us trying. I hope that when I need to grab a chair I'll grab my laptop and visit here. This is all new to me, but I think it can help.
                      Wohman

Comment

Little Sister;541969 wrote: ! you're right.

I don't want to reach rock bottom to stop drinkng, and i know that's where I'm heading.

Logic. Seems to play no part in this...
                        I know... I don't get the "control" factor of alcohol. What is in this sh**? I have NOT been able to stop, and it's killing me!

Comment

How's your day going Lil Sister? Hope things are better. Lots of love.
                          Matt

Comment

Clearer day.
                            Not had anything to drink yet and that's a relief.

Feel very anxious of failing and I know my self-esteem is pretty low.

Comment

Hang in there. You will gain self esteem and confidence the more you take care of you. Keep telling yourself that you are worthy of a healthy, sober life. Because YOU ARE!

One day at a time.... one minute at a time.... The first few days are rough.

Comment

You can do it

There is tons of love and support here, so when you feel the urge, come talk to us. Don't expect to be perfect--expect to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X