modders Sun - Fri AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modders Sun - Fri AF

hi modders, I noticed a few of us are feeling we need some rules or limits to our drinking and I'm going to get the ball rolling. I want to be af this sun, mon , tues, wed, thurs. If anyone wants to commit join in! It doesn't matter if you want to do the next 5 days af, if you do that's great, but even if you want to commit right now to one, two, or a few af days this week, then let's get this happening. If you start flapping about in the breeze, I'll kick your ass back on track if I have to :H and I expect the same from you all for me. anyone in? Let's make some change happen in our lives, right now, this week no excuses.

Modders Tally Board: September

Sat 15th: TMH
    Sun 16th: FF, LG, DG, TMH
    Mon 17th: FF, LG, DG, Vliven
    Tue 18th: FF, LG, DG
    Wed 19th: FF, LG, DG, TMH
    Thu 20th: TMH, DG
    Fri 21st: FF

Sun 23rd: DG, LG, TMH
    Mon 24th: DG, LG, FF, Vliven
    Tue 25th: DG, LG
    Wed 26th: DG, LG, FF
    Thur 27th: DG, LG, FF
    Fri 28th: FF
    Sat 29th: FF

Sun 30th: DG, FF, LG
    Modder Tally Board October:
    Mon 1st: DG, TMH
    Tue 2nd: DG, Vliven
    Wed 3rd: DG, Vliven, FF, LG
    Thu 4th: Vliven, FF
    Fri 5th: DG, TMH, Vliven, FF
    Sat 6th: FF

Sun 7th: FF, DG
    Mon 8th: Vliven, LG, DG
    Tues 9th: Vliven, LG, FF
    Wed 10th: Vliven, LG, DG
    Thur 11th: Vliven, LG
    Fri 12th:
    Sat 13th:

Sun 14th: DG, Vliven,
    Mon 15th: DG, Vliven, FF
    Tue 16th: DG, Vliven, LG
    Wed 17th: DG, Vliven, LG, FF
    Thur 18th: Vliven, LG
    Fri 19th: FF
    Sat 20th: DG, FF

Sun 21st: FF, Vliven, DG
    Mon 22nd: FF, Vliven, LG, TMH
    Tues 23rd: FF, Vliven, LG, DG
    Wed 24th: Vliven, LG, DG
    Thur 25th: Vliven, LG, TMH
    Fri 26th: FF
    Sat 27th: FF

Sun 28th: DG, Vliven
    Mon 29th: DG, TMH, Vliven, LG
    Tue 30th: FF, Vliven, LG
    Wed 31st: DG, TMH, LG
    November:
    Thu 1st: FF, LG
    Fri 2nd: DG
    Sat 3rd: LG

Sun 4th:Vliven
    Mon 5th: FF, Vliven, LG, DG
    Tue 6th: FF, LG, DG
    Wed 7th: FF, LG
    Thu 8th: DG
    Fri 9th:
    Sat 10th: FF, Vliven

Sun 11th: LG, DG
    Mon 12th: LG, FF, TMH
    Tue 13th: LG, DG
    Wed 14th: LG
    Thu 15th: LG, DG, TMH, FF
    Fri 16th:
    Sat 17th:

Sun 18th:
    Mon 19th:

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi DG - I made up a whole list of rules yesterday and already broke it last night. I was up at club for Happy Hour. Lady next to me and I had 2 wines. She left. I should have. Instead I had given myself permission to be able to have 3 on Fridays. Had the 3rd, friends invited me to join them at their table, I just meant to sit and talk for a bit and go home. All of a sudden there was another glass of wine in front of me and lady who had invited me told waitress to put on her bill. Odd thing was she ordered a small plate of food for me too. Food = good idea. Wine = not.

I felt so very, very guilty this a.m. and, of course, a bit hungover. After awhile I quit beating myself up saying ok, you went 1 over your limit. You tried but you know even after 2 your defenses are down.

So this is a great idea. Thanks for thinking of it and putting it out there. My commitment starts today. Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur. 6 days.

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

I want to join! As stressful as things are right now, I still want to strive for AF days. Commitment to at least 4 days AF this week, starting tomorrow.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi guys!

I would like to sign on, too...my downfall always was drinking at home, so what works best for me is still no booze at home...but I like to have the flexibility to indulge when we go out. So, rather than limit myself to specific days, like LG I will aim for several AF days during the coming week, hopefully a few more than I have managed during the first half of the month!
        Good for all of us for continuing to monitor our consumption...calorie-counting certainly makes the whole business harder,,,,sigh. FF
        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

oh this is great! we can do this ladies!

TMH, I went over my limit too on Fri, I'm still kicking myself that it happened, but I'm going to just set it aside and do better from today

LG, don't let BF derail you this week, this is for YOU, come here and shout, yell, complain whatever it takes instead of drinking ok?

FF, I'm so glad you're in, I honestly don't know how you manage the strength not to drink at home but it always amazes me that you can do that. Here's to as many af days as possible this week for you

TMH I hope your af night went well, let us know how things went in the morning!

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

DG - it's that nonfunctional "off switch", don't you think? We can move beyond it and do better.

LG - I am amazed with what you put up with. Older gkds had an xbox here at condo in FL; we removed after younger gkds couldn't get along while playing it. Hope you can get that ironed out.

FF - am so glad that not drinking at home works for you. Takes strength. I'm sure, for me, I'd tend to want to constantly go out. Then again, going AF does the opposite. Don't really care to go out, it's like why bother. Although I have proven that I can go out even to our Happy Hours, not drink and have fun so I need to get that out of my mind. Glad you've joined us!

My AF night went fantastic! Between mind made up to be AF and having Seredyn to calm me, I slept wonderfully! Do I want to repeat this? Oh, yeah!!

TMH

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Fantastic work TMH! you've got the ball rolling for us. I feel lousy today so I'm really looking forward to bed tonight and getting a really good night's sleep, you make it sound even better now :goodjob: on last night

Here's to a super modder sober sunday everyone

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

hi modders, well Sunday went well and was totally af for me, I wasn't even tempted. I got a good night's sleep, woke up during the night but got back to sleep straight away, and I feel so much better for it today. How did Sunday go for everyone?

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

I drank yesterday but I am down to shoot for Mon-Thur......
                  And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Good job DG! Proud of you. Me? Not so much.

V - I drank also, only 1.5 but that's not AF. Lots of chatter, should I, shouldn't I? Nervous about trip today, yada yada. If I had poured the AF beer, I'm 95% certain I wouldn't have caved.

Off to airport within the hour. Should be able to c/i part of the week.

TMH

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Just popping in quickly, but great to see you join us vliven! keep checkin in and let us know how it's going.

TMH, gosh I know that scenario so well, I shouldn't, maybe I should, and then sometimes it's just easier to get it over with. I didn't know you were planning a trip, but 1.5 is pretty darn good girlie, I don't think I've ever stopped at that.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Safe travels, TMH!

I was sorely tempted yesterday evening, possibly due to minor sadness at departures of daughter and grandson, but managed to resist temptation, thank goodness.

Feelings have SO much to do with our behavior...and it can be so annoying to try to do emotional "work" in order to really feel better, when it sure seems like "likker is quicker!".

Good luck to us all! FF
                        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hope everyone had a good day! It's only 3:30 here but I have no desire to drink and think this will be an easy AF evening for me (knock on wood) plus hubby has band practice and it's always easy for me to go AF when he is not around having a beer.....
                          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

V, it does make it so much easier to not drink AL when no one else is, either...and for some reason, with my husband, it's as if, if he gets to have one. (booze, ice cream, etc.) then I deserve one, too! I am so grateful that he gave up his daily beer at home after my liver scare...usually he had his at a different time, as he did not usually share my daily 5 pm on "cocktail hour" but even so, my "I deserve a drink too" would kick in, anyway...for some reason, iced tea helps me....good luck tonite! FF

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hello Ladies. Gentlemen don't be shy. I am AF since Sat. No cravings today and things are better at home.

Thanks for starting this thread dg!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                              X