modders Sun - Fri AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modders Sun - Fri AF

DG- REALLY sorry about your pup I really miss mine and we may be getting another soon..... maybe even today...fingers crossed - I hope it's nothing big and it's better real soon, what kind of dog?

LG- I agree that sounds much easier than counting calories, but I have done the counting calories thing for so long it is like second nature. I use a food diary online that is super helpful and helps me stay on track.

I really could not give up the carbs, I looked back on my diaries and I average 40-45 carbs a day.

The one thing I find about watching the calories is I don't have to watch everything else, carbs, fat, etc, they fall in line if the calories are reasonable. The one thing I do have to work on is sodium I always blow the recommended daily allowances outta the water... I know its not good for you and I do drink a TON of water, but since it is not a contributing factor to my weight loss I really don't give it much attention

Sorry the casserole was a flop were you able to think of things you could have done, added substituted that would have made it better.... I always try to do that when i meal I try flops.

I PLAN TO BE AF AGAIN TODAY - Going for another TURKEY - 3 in a row

Crap I gotta ton of work to do,,,, chat with you all later
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

This evening we went out to dinner with our son and his family...the newest member of the group, aged two months, obligingly slept through the entire meal! Not an AF evening for me. FF
      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Ps, V, let us know if you get your doggie today! FF
        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

the pup had been at shelter for a week we were waiting to install the proper gates to protect a new pup... I got this installed today.... Just called shelter she was adopted today

Happy for her but I am sad......

Still plan on AF for tonight
          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Rats. I am bummed out for you too. Good job on planning to stay AF. Thinking of you. FF

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

vlivengood;1390216 wrote: DG- REALLY sorry about your pup I really miss mine and we may be getting another soon..... maybe even today...fingers crossed - I hope it's nothing big and it's better real soon, what kind of dog?

LG- I agree that sounds much easier than counting calories, but I have done the counting calories thing for so long it is like second nature. I use a food diary online that is super helpful and helps me stay on track.

I really could not give up the carbs, I looked back on my diaries and I average 40-45 carbs a day.

The one thing I find about watching the calories is I don't have to watch everything else, carbs, fat, etc, they fall in line if the calories are reasonable. The one thing I do have to work on is sodium I always blow the recommended daily allowances outta the water... I know its not good for you and I do drink a TON of water, but since it is not a contributing factor to my weight loss I really don't give it much attention

Sorry the casserole was a flop were you able to think of things you could have done, added substituted that would have made it better.... I always try to do that when i meal I try flops.

I PLAN TO BE AF AGAIN TODAY - Going for another TURKEY - 3 in a row

Crap I gotta ton of work to do,,,, chat with you all later
              40-45 carbs a day is actually very low. You may be on a LC diet and don't know it, lol.

P.S. Just read about the pup. So sorry. I know it must be very disappointing. Is there a chance you can still adopt another dog? There are so many shelter dogs that need good homes.

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

hi modders and thanks LG and V for your well wishes about my dog, the little fuzzy tikes become so important to us don't they? V, sorry you missed out on the pup you wanted but there are so many little furry babies out there that need homes so I hope you find just the one for you and your family :l oh and my dog is a shih tzu, she is so cheeky, playful and just pure innocence wrapped up in a furry little jacket, and I totally adore her :h

I've just updated the tallyboard but I'm not sure if I got it right, can everyone just go and have a quick peek and see if I got you written down right for the week?

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Mon, Tues and Wed were AF for me. Will be another AF day today too. Where is the tallyboard? I must have missed something while I was gone last week.

I had written a long post on the mod squad and hit a button and it went poof! So irritating. Maybe I'll be inspired to write another later.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Thanks LG, the tallyboard is in the first post of this thread so I keep the tally there and just update it as everyone posts

ps. I've been trying to create a table for the tally and post it but the board won't let me do it :bat

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

LOL...DG, try saying that PS from your post at 9:40 five times really fast! Table for the tally! Hope your dog is doing well...

V, sorry to hear about not getting the puppy, was going to ask on the Oct Mod thread, but saw it here. As LG says, there's tons of dogs in need of a home, I hope you find one that will be a great companion to you and hubby for years to come!
                      Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                      When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

DG- and board I have a confession I had a Friday there that said AF and I was almost whole night and reported I would be but wound up drinking, I noticed a few days after and just let it be but looking at board now and how well I REALLY am doing I would rather it be correct:
                        Fri 21st: FF, Vliven - NOT TRUE
                        So how is the lil Shih doing DG?

LG- not surprised the carb level I have is decent, I truly feel like when I watch the calories I am in essence watching all the other factors....

FF, sounds like you had a really nice dinner I am sure they were glad to get out to an adult dinner and actually enjoy since new member slept, even if it is let down for you who probably wanted to see more....

To everyone else, thank you for your sympathies on us missing out on the pup, I am on a daily e-mail list of dogs that show up to the shelter fitting our desired criteria.... unfortunately we are no interested in a PIT or a Chihuahua and therefore have to be more patient.

Plan on another AF night tonight.... Hubby and I may go out for bike ride, got my AM gym work out in too.

Gotta get back to work! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Good job on keep it honest, V. About carbs: typically most people consume over 200 carbs a day...one serving of pasta is around 30 carbs...beer, 5-7 carbs (lite beer, 12-13 reg.), one piece of bread is around 10, ANYthing with sugar is loaded with carbs of course, something like 35 in 12 oz of soda...generally low-fat, low calorie foods have more carbs, because processed low-fat foods are supplemented with sugar to make up for the fat.

Still haven't looked at the AF chart. Interesting, I think.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi V, that's fine and I'll fix it up. You ARE doing great and you have so many af days to be proud of, and you don't have to prove anything to us because you're proving to yourself how strong you are. :thumbs: That's what really matters.

My pup is doing fine, but she's run into a few things lately, she ran into the glass sliding door, and then when I took her to the park she ran straight into a little tree (the city planted some new trees there a few months ago) but she just didn't dodge it
                            So I had a look at her eyes and one of her pupils is really enlarged compared to the other so I don't know what's going on with her but it's got me worried out of my mind. She's booked in today with the vet I wanted her to see and I'm hoping and praying she's ok. I'm like a neurotic mother hen with her but I can't help it, she's my little bear (I think she looks a little bit like a baby bear)

ps. tallyboard is updated

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

LG when you are in this topic just click on "first" as in first page and the first post has the tallyboard. I just put it there so it was easy to find.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

LG- Whooops was reading how many carbs I was under my recommended daily of 200 not my actual consumption, it ranges more like 115-145 Ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X