modders Sun - Fri AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modders Sun - Fri AF

Friday is AF for me...Nothing remarkable going on...thanks again, DG, for keeping the tally! FF
    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hey!! Turns out I only had 2 days AF this week. I had to look back to see, lol. Was AF sunday, one glass Mon., um, some on Tues.:H, none on Wed., and 2 beers on the golf course yesterday. We bought a six pack and both drank 2...I opened a third, but it got warm and I emptied it out, and bf switched to Mt. Dew after his two. The third is still in the van, lol. I had also bought a bottle of wine to have later last night, but never got it out of the car because we were so tired...anyway, I'm being selfish tonight ...very tired as I just got home tonight after driving all day...trip went well and I wrote a little about it in the modders thread. So sorry I am not responding to everything you all wrote, but i read it and enjoyed it.:l

Special thanks to you, V, for thinking and posting about me on my "special day". It went well.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Glad your back LG..... I remember how when I went to Reno it was hard to check in and even harder to catch up.. Don't worry about catching up just jump back in whenever!!!

DAY FOUR AF ALMOST DONE FOR ME.....

Tomorrow hubby's big race!!!!
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi everyone, and good to see you back LG, I'm so glad the trip went well.
          V fantastic work on your 3 days af! and FF, you always inspire me with your modding and make me want to do better. Thursday was not af for me and I did overdo it too, so I dragged my feet through Friday. In the past though having a hangover day would just be another excuse to drink that night but by Friday night, drinking was the last thing I felt like doing so I guess I must be learning something

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi everyone ~ joined friends for dinner last night. First, I brought dinner & a couple regular beers and AF beers to dh (we have 2 units and he prefers to stay in other with the bad coughing). At Happy Hour ordered a club soda. My plan was to do this, then try a vodka soda and have 1 glass of wine with dinner. The vodka soda lasted me through rest of Happy Hour, dinner, in fact did not even finish.

LG - so glad to hear things went well.
            V - 4 days AF, right? Good work!
            DG - I kind of overdid it on Thur too. Didn't feel terrible but noticed the bottle that I had just opened night before and thought egads. Wasn't happy with myself. Was probably reason no wine got consumed last night. After getting ready for bed I thought about having the 1 glass left in bottle but talked myself out of it. Wasn't hard to do.
            FF - WTG with your good week!

I was going to sign off with works in progress. It doesn't seem like quite as much work as it used to. Anyone else feel that way? There has been a mindshift. I'm happy about that.

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Morning guys.....

DG- Friday was AF for me as well four days in a row! Sorry u over did it. I hear what u are saying as hangover is excuse to drink for me it's opposite hangover helps me not wanna do it again (these days that is) back in my days there wasn't anything that made me drink I just did every day end of story.... But now if find it way harder to not drink the day after an AF day cause I'm feeling so great so why not?!

TMH- I really gotta try that mixing things up and adding AF drinks into an evening with AL drinks... Once I decide to drink AL thats about all that goes until water before bed.

Really fear I may over do it today when hubby and I celebrate after his race and it's really the last thing I wanna due since my entire Saturday will be consumed with his race I need to be in top shape tomorrow to get all my weekend chores, errands and cooking done!

Well hope everyone has a good day... Send good thoughts to my hubby.... He had to fill out a death waiver to participate in this race.... Anyone heard of it? Called Tough Mudder?
              And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi gang,

V, hope all went well with the race & celebrating the way you'd like...
                LG, glad your trip & presentation went well.
                TMH, reading between the lines, sounds as if your husband is responding well to the meds...hope so, anyway. I agree with whoever mentioned it seems like a good idea to alternate alcoholic beverages with nonalcoholic ones...never seems to cross MY mind!
                DG, thanks again for starting this thread.

Today is another AF day for me...but it has not been easy! My brother and his boys came over for a few hours this afternoon. He and our son each had a beer, and I did SO want a tasty "adult" (translate , alcoholic) beverage, but I don't like beer, and wine wouldn't have been appropriate ... So I was doomed to more iced tea...sigh.

Intellectually I am glad to have another AF day, but I am irked at myself that it was a bit of a mental struggle...I need to work on separating my idea of FUN from its link to AL.

And on that note, I am treating myself to a Reese's peanut butter cup. So there. (Lol)

Happy Sunday everybody! FF
                . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Evening Everyone. Having a bit of wine tonight also...Just got through playing two holes of golf in the front yard! It was fun, and I won both holes. hee hee

V, I hope dh did well on his run!! I think it's pretty great that he had the gumption to try something like that. Hope you are enjoying your celebration too.

Dg, I tend to want to drink less after a "big" night now too. That's good at least. We are learning!

TMH, I hope your hub is recovering quickly. I was alarmed to hear that he had developed pneumonia! How scary for both of you. Good job on keeping it moderate with your cocktails, and I agree that it isn't as difficult as it was. I know I can't let my guard down, and there may be tough times ahead but for now I'm not struggling every day.

FF, you are getting in a lot of AF days. Kudos to you! I hear you on drinking wine while the boys drink beer...not sure why you thought it would be inappropriate, but if you felt it was, then that's your decision, of course. Enjoy the Reeses cup. I have to admit I went a bit off my LC diet while I was away and also had a Reese cup. It was sooooo good, lol.

Hope everyone is well, as always.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Not an AF saturday for me had a few beers with hubby when we got home exhausted from his crazy race...... Feelin good though.... I'll post more later

Hope everyone is well

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Good morning. Yesterday, as I said, I had some wine. I did have about 3 glasses, I think. I switched to non AL during supper and while we were outside, then had one more glass...part of which I tipped down the sink because I just wasn't in the mood to drink anymore. Isn't that awesome? Not me, lol, but that the desire wasn't there (to get wasted)? I'm glad of that, at least.

V, glad to hear that dh's race went well. Hope to hear more about it later.

Happy Sunday!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

We considered going out to dinner tonight, but in the end, that did not work out...so, Sunday has been another AF day for me.

LG, in my conventional world view, wine is for meals, or at the very least, with pre-dinner appetizers...yesterday the beer-drinking happened at around 3 pm, and it was an unexpected visit, so I had no cheese-and-crackers handy to "require" me to drink a glass or two of wine...its something of a mind game, I know! But in the long run, of course, I did not regret another AF day.

Happy Columbus Day, Everybody! FF

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hello Hello Squad, Sunday was not AF for me either but I plan on doing Mon-Thurs AF this week.....

After Hubby finished raced he admitted to me that he did sleep and feel a lot better having not had AL all week and would like to consider being AF himself Tues-Thurs (Monday is band practice with the boys)

This will make it SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier for me.

Also, today I am back on my diet and exercise program.... Wish me luck, got on scale last night and nearly FELL OVER IN SHOCK......

Hope everyone is doing well

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

TMH, I feel like it's less work than it used to be too, and I think about alcohol much less lately. I think I feel better about af days now, although I still have work to do on getting my off switch working properly on drinking nights. How is your husband doing?

V and LG, it feels good just knowing I'm not making the same stupid mistakes I used to, and it sounds like it's working the same for you. Great job on your 4 days af too V!

LG, wow, stopping drinking when you don't feel like it anymore or you've had enough is amazing.

FF, I still struggle when DH drinks and I *can't*, but you did great by sticking to your guns and not drinking

Sunday was af for me and I don't plan on drinking again until friday.

ps. v that would great for your if DH does that, you did great last week!

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

DG - I completely agree the AF days are much easier for me then the moderating once I have started.... I think it would help me if I made some rules, like for every beer I have I have to drink an entire glass of water, or limiting start times and cut off times and just adhering to those.... still easier said then done

Comment

modders Sun - Fri AF

Hi ~ got out yesterday for a little golf - dh wanted to try play 9. He lasted for 5 holes. I kept saying don't be surprised, you are just getting strength back. He is eating a lot better. Thanks for asking!

Wasn't an AF weekend but not bad at all. 1 Fri nite, 2 both Sat & Sun nites. Going to try go for AF day today as back to a little money on the golf game tomorrow - big gambler, a whole $2. Wish me luck!

TMH
                                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Working...
                                X