Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning June friends

Here we are in the middle of June already & all I've been doing is watching it rain :H
    We have been promised a decent rain free day today, about time!!

Witts end, congrats to your for your 16 AF days - doing great!!

Wishing everyone a nice AF Saturday

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Just ran across something for Perse & anyone looking for alternative pain management:
    Pain Management CD's :: Wildmind Meditation Supplies

I love Wildmind
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Had a weird day yesterday, fighting at home, fun outside the home. It is very stressful with an adult child living with his parents. My husband and I have different ideas on standards, and it blew up yesterday, so I went to the library, mall, and pool. My new bathing suit is lovely, and laying out in the sun for the first time this year was relaxing. Nothing was resolved, so that part stinks, we just see things differently. Thus, I did not visit this thread yesterday.

Lav, I would not want to go either. YB can't have it both ways, can he? We have had alot of rain and cool weather, a complete contrast to last year.

Rusty, you are making more changes, gradually in you AF transformation. I think that it is hard for some on the threads to understand that this entire process takes time. We have to be patient.

Dill, cool quote, Thoreau was willing to live what he believed. The Trancendentalists were very spiritual and into simple living, meditating, vegatarianism, before there time. Or, maybe there have always been groups of people looking that way. Horrible things like the lightening strike seem to happen all the time and because of the news we hear about it. The poor girl.

Pers, sorry you have to live with so much pain. I like Lav's naturopath solution. I want to find one. I know now I am allergic to nuts, and staying away from them is so important. I need to find out what other foods affect me as my fingers have been swelling up recently. Arthritis. I guess you will keep seeking medical help till you find someone good. I have had horrible medical care, and talked to others about some bad providers. Why is it so expensive and so ineffective. Medical personal (some) act as if they are up here and you are done there. I am tired of that. Hope you find someone to help you soon.

Wittsend, keep up the good work.

Pap, hope you are OK.

I am going to a farmer's market this morning with a friend, hope to get some organic veggies and fruits. Then, housework as I have to catch up after yesterday, then I hope the pool again, for just an hour or so. Cloudy here but warm, we'll see what happens.

To all, have a great AF Saturday.
      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hi everyone-I'm here. It's just been a wicked busy end of the week. I have 3 days off now but usual it's all booked up. getting ready to go to my niece's dance recital in a few. Tomorrow is yard day and Monday is grooming day and then we'll see.

Star-so sorry you had such a crappy day yesterday. Sometimes the negative energy wins. But today is a new day and there is room for the good energy.

Pers-I'msorry you still don't have an answer as to what is causing all the pain. If you haven't tried gluten free yet I think it worth it. Good luck!

Witt-congrats on day 16 and getting through the get together AF. Try to limit these types of events so early in your sobriety-your body really needs to get to know what sober feels like and the pressure to join in can be intense. But you know you best. Keep us andyour tool box close.

Lav-YB cracks me up. A reunion? really? glad you gave him some lavanditude!!

Dill-you hanging in there?

Cyn-beautiful weather for us for a few days!! Enjoy the garden!!

Rusy-still in Ohio or are you home by now? Great job kicking the little man to the curb!!

OK,gotta go. later.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hi all survived friday night
          Now I have to-night to handle ....friends dropped in unexpectedly and hubby said we will go out to dinner
          Thanks all

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Keep your AF plan with you at all times witts end & you'll be OK

Papmom, you're still busy busy :H
            Better than being bored, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Star, my mother taught me 'you can't have your cake & eat it too'. I have always believed that & after 40 years of marriage (on June 30) I am still trying to get YB to understand that concept. For the love of God, is it really that difficult? I don't think so :H
            Our daughter was in & out of the house repeatedly until she got married. It's never easy having your adult kids living at home but what can you do? Setting boundaries with them is really important too. I wish you peace

I had a sweat-a-thon going for a while this afternoon.....still working that mulch.
            Have a nice night everyone!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

nice recital today. My niece danced her best yet I think!!

My poor sister is really suffering with the situation with my nephew. They can't communicate and she is being eaten up inside with guilt thinking that somehow they didn't teach him the right values and goals. Nonsense. He is acting just like an addict only money is his drug. Having never had kids, I feel very helpless as I can't contribute anything worthwhile. All I can suggest is family counseling but I don't think she is too fond of that idea. She knows that soon they will have to cut him loose-no car, no phone and find another place to live. What she is scared to death of is that something horrible will happen to him if they do that. I don't think he's got a great head on his shoulders right now even tho he is smart as a whip. I'm trying to be a good listener but I want to fix this thing now!!

Witt-stick to your plan tonite!

Lav-don't overdue with the mulch-there is always tomorrow!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

papmom, a parent never really rests!
                Even with my kids aged 36 & 32, both married 6+ years.......
                I still worry about them, still wish things could be easier for them, etc.
                BUT I know they all have to learn their own lessons, in their own way. Just like us, really
                Try to stay positive for your sister, be there to listen & give hugs.....that's all you can do.

Go look at my mulch pics on the Daily AF thread :H
                I also posted a pic of my Christmas amaryllis that bloomed today :H
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

I'm up, I'm up :H
                  Matilda did sleep in until 6:15 so for that I'm grateful!

Cloudy, waiting for the rain to begin.....once again.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday & Father's Day!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good Sunday Morning, AF Friends!

Happy Father's Day to any dads who stop by?

Lav, DARE I ask what YB wants for Father's Day or do you care? How about some Depends to wear to the retirement party? Wow, I'm in a bucky mood this morning. Not sure why. Oh wait, now I know. THE SUN IS OUT!!!:yay: I have to travel to Northern Wisconsin today for work and I have a 4-hour drive ahead of me so I thought I would check in. I'm feeling better today. Yesterday, I was extremely sad. My mom has to have all her teeth pulled and a full set of dentures put in. She took a very bad fall a couple of weeks ago and has been in a lot of pain. I know this upcoming procedure scares her. It just made me so depressed to think of her suffering....and how much she would really like to move on to a better life in Heaven. So, I shed some tears yesterday, but oh the joy of not feeling like I want to drink. The miracle of recovery. I am learning so much in my journey.

Pap-I'm so glad you checked in. I was worried about you. Sounds like you're having a nice weekend. I'm confused though....you mentioned a 3-day weekend. You don't work on Mondays? I'm with Lav on the situation with your nephew. Listening rather than talking is always appreciated. You're a good listener and I know your sis appreciates it.

Dill, thank you for the Thoreau quote. It truly spoke to me, and I apologize for not being very diligent on starting off our weeks with meaningful quotes. I'll try harder this week. Do you have any special plans for Mr. D today?

Star-You inspired me in how you handled your family's turmoil with all the fighting earlier in the week. Went to the pool and laid out. You walked away from it rather than engage yourself in a battle that would have been escalated.:goodjob: I also thought of you yesterday as I know you and your husband like juicing and there was this wonderful recipe in the newspaper for low-cal summer drinks. One of them was mixing seedless watermelon, cranberry juice and ice cubes in a blender. Serve with a slice of lime. Doesn't that sound good?

Perse-I sure hope the docs find out what is causing all this pain. Please let us know about the results of your bone scan. :lHow is your step-mom doing in recovery? I laughed when you said your step-sis is a brat but you love her dog. I feel that way about a few people I know. Their dogs are great but the owners.....they could get lost any time. I sure wish I could hire you as an assistant. I need one. You are very sweet with your compliments but they truly embarrass me.

Witts End-I hope you were able to keep to your plan and remain AF. Let us know how you're doing.

Ok, time to get to the gym. Hope everyone has a fabulous AF Sunday!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Lav, thanks so much for the sharing of info regarding your daughter in and out. I feel like I am going to go crazy, I want him out so much. He has left three times, but keeps coming back. It causes stress in our home, and my husband often takes his side, in the name of peace. So, I don't really belong here, but do not want to leave a house that I pay half the bills for, with my name on it. That is the harsh reality, and it hit me Friday, BAM.

Pap, as you can see from my experience, there are no easy answers with adult children. They do what they want and if it blows up, parents help pick up the pieces. Tilll they finally get it together. So, glad you are having a weekend off, to do what you want to do. Three days off, nice.

Lav, loved Wildmind sight. Thanks for sharing.

It is cloudy and rained yesterday, so I hope today is better. Don't know yet, the weather will be on shortly. I plan to get more shopping done for the week, then go to the pool or ride my bike. I went to a really great farmer's market yesterday, bought farm fresh eggs, strawberries, a mix of little tomatoes and some samples of scented soap. It was awesome. Then we went to an Italian Deli, and I bought fresh mozzerella, bread, and listen to this, cheddar/blue cheese. It was to die for. Last night for dinner I cut the bread in half, sprinkled it with the cheddar blue cheese, than the bruchetta, then slices of the fresh mozzerlla, baked at 375 for about 15 minutes. It was so good. That was my artistic endeavor of the weekend.

To all, have a great day.
                      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

OK - here's the perfect Father's Day gift - I'll eat the green beans :H :H

Star, You need another female on your team - you daughter maybe?
                        I hate it when the guys do that
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Pers, I hope you find relief for your pain. Finding a caring compassionate doctor is difficult. Maybe you should ask around to see what doctors your friends/family go to and how they rate them in terms of being caring and competent. I found a doctor I really like after talking with friends. She is a pretty good distance from here but it is worth the drive. Sorry to hear your stepmom is such a mess. I don?t think 30 days sounds long enough and the whole family needs to be in counseling! Your dad is lucky to have such a loving daughter.

Witts, fantastic! Was it odd watching others drink while not participating? Did you sense anyone was drinking too much and observe their behavior?

Lav, LOL! Pork ribs is the perfect father?s day gift! We did a simple burgers and dogs grill out with home made potato salad and grilled zucchini. Both the dads here were appreciative.

Star, sorry to hear of you situation. I didn?t know your son was back at home again. Is he still employed I hope? I understand how you must be feeling. I don?t mind helping my son and grandkids on the the one hand, but on the other hand, I feel like my home is not mine anymore. Many times I just want to flee. If I thought this situation was going to be permanent I really don?t know what I would do.

Rusty, I feel so sad for your Mom. Is she still living independently? My mom went thru a period of falling after she had a stroke that took her balance abilities and weakened her legs. It was sad to watch her decline but also instructive. She faced her days with a smile and lots of grace. She always thought about the others around her. I hope I face life?s adversities with half the grace she did.

Yes, Pmom, I am hanging in there! I got outside today and planted some flowers before the rain began. I know how helpless you must feel regarding your nephew. Sometimes we just have to watch and listen. There are so many times when we really can't "do" anything. It's frustrating!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

yes it was odd ...some of me was totally bored and I did watch there behaviour
                            but ended up leaving them and coming inside and watch cars 3 times through with the kids ( I'll have 2 weeks break till the grandson comes back and watch cars again
                            ended up not having to go out last night but still had a group here but left them round the camp fire and came inside.......felt good but am having problems not sleeping..... still awake at 2.00 am up again at 5
                            but I don't feel tired .......wine was my sleeping pill

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

hi guys - just a quick note to say hi...typing w/ my left hand, as i just burned the palm of my right hand badly while taking a straw/rhubarb pie out of the oven (burned from the hot juice!)

did the tag sale on Sat - i'm half crippled today!

good luck Perse, good job Wiit's and Star, thx for the quote Dill. love to all -
                              to the light

Comment

Working...
                              X