Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Happy Solstice, all!

Congrats, Witts - you are doing a wonderful job - keep at it!

Perse - good luck with the GF diet. I can attest that it helps with pain - I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, and going GF and SF has been key in helping me feel better. Pain was a big drinking trigger for me, so it was important to go for it! Have you tried quinoa yet? It's my go-to base for a healthy grain; it satisfies the 'carb' desire, but has plenty of protein. Combine with a few beans and some greens (sauteed spinach, arugula, etc) and you're set for a few meals. Also look for 'Heatrthrive' bars: oatmeal, high protein, and sweetened with rice syrup.

I have been chained to the computer, writing literally 12 hours a day on a deadline. Must get back at it, but wanted to say how great it is to hear how everything is going for all. I promise to address everyone within the next few days -- in the meantime, thanks for your 'voices', and take care! Lav, I looked for Mercury tonight, but too many trees here - I did see a gorgeous moon on the horizon - is it full? Hope you get some sleep!
    to the light

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

hello everyone still here

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Listening to the birds chirping, my kitties woke me up today, way too early for a Saturday. Oh, well, some coffee and MWO.

Cyn, glad to hear you are busy and well. I did not get a chance to watch the sky last night as it was so cloudy.

Wittsend, good you are still here. Keep it going, we are always interested in knowing how you are doing.

Lav, how fun, cherry picking! The weather was nice, huh? It was pretty hot here but windy. I went swimming and had a relaxing time. Finished up with grocery shopping and now can just enjoy my weekend. Hope you are to also.

Pap, hope you are doing OK, let us know. Any special plans for the weekend?

Today I am going shopping in the am, later just being outside. Nothing special planned. There is some kind of festival in my town, may go see what is up, if nothing else to walk around. Hope the weather holds up.

Have a meaningful safe Saturday.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Happy AF and unhung Saturday morning!

I too am up way too early. Couldn't sleep, but like you Star, I see it as an opportunity to touch base on MWO. It was cloudy here last night, too. But this morning I got a glimpse of the most beautiful amber colored moon! It was quite large and looked full, but I think it was just nearly so. Tonight is the full moon.

Cyn, what an image of you, chained to a desk! At least you are being productive, eh? I wish you well with all you work.

Lav, our cherry tree is done already. We are now on to raspberries. We have a small patch we have been picking from every day. We don't get enough at one time to do a batch of jelly so we are picking then freezing until we accumulate enough for a double batch. Raspberry jelly is my favorite! That and then strawberry. Did I mention that we made a couple of batches of cherry jam? Delicious!!

Witts, keep it going. I hope it is getting easier for you as you go along. Are you planning just the 30 days or do you plan to go beyond?

It's hay making time 'round here. I love to watch the tractor chugging around the fields and the sight of the newly mown hay raked into long rows is really beautiful on a summer evening. The light is so special and the shadows too. It's wonderful to share the experience with my grandchildren.

Pers, Rusty, ((LBH, Sooty, Rustop, and other old friends)), Thinking of you and hoping all is going well in your worlds.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning friends!

I have a kid free day today & the dogs allowed me to stay in bed until 8:15 - decadent :H :H
            No special plans for me today but I made head up to the outlets later - YB wants to go.

Dill, our raspberry bed is gone now. It was so full of poison ivy YB just tilled in the whole area last summer. I have plenty of fruit growers around here who don't grow PI with their fruits :H
            Glad you are enjoying time with your grandkids!

Star, I'll be shopping with you in spirit today

cyn, do you have a problem with sitting for long periods? I get so incredibly stiff, it's not even funny. I need to stay in motion. I looked at the moon last night but it didn't bother me as it has in the past......progress?

Hi Witts, papmom, Rusty & anyone else missing or lurking
            I've been thinking about Sooty lately - guess I should send her a PM.

OK, I still need to feed animals & all that fun stuff. Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hey all - just popping in to say goodnight - almost done with my project, didn't quite finish, but I can't bear it anymore and I'm doing the falling-asleep-at-the-computer routine, so off I go to dreamland. Got up at Rusty o'clock to start working, since we had company for brunch (!), nice people, but awkward timing.

gorgeous days here - in my office I have sheer white curtains, and they have been billowing slightly with the cool breeze, refreshing me - how wonderful is that. Yes Lav, the sitting has been terrible, but I set a timer for 20 minutes to finish each segment I'm writing, then I MAKE myself get up, walk around, stretch, and it has gotten me through the last 2 12 hour days...hopefully tomorrow will be the end.

We are determined to get the canoe in the lake tomorrow morning; it hasn't seen water since before we moved to AZ and back, so we'll see if it even floats after all this time!

Good job Witt, keep on - Perse take care - dill so nice to hear from you, loved the image of the hay - star so glad you sound centered - best wishes to all for a great AF Sunday, be nice to yourselves!
              to the light

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning friends!

Having a slow start this morning, enjoying some organic Ethiopian fair trade coffee. Can you tell I like to shop at Ten Thousand Villages?

cyn, have fun & be safe with your canoe today
                We had a canoe before the kids were born, then sold it figuring it would be years before we had a chance to use it again. YB bought himself a canoe & a rowboat with a motor. He takes them to the Susquehanna river, his favorite place to sit & sulk :H

The haymakers are busy around here too Dill & I'm already sneezing but it is pretty to watch. I just make go back for more cherries today while they still have some, they are delicious.

Greetings to Rusty, Papmom, Perse, Witts & anyone dropping in today.
                Have a great AF Sunday!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good Morning JuneStars,

I have been reading about all of you so I thought I would check in, on this beautiful sunny morning here in Wisconsin. We have had so much rain and the weather has been horrible here for soooo long, I think we've finally gotten to summer.

Cyn-2 12-hour days, writing and editing...wow, I admire your self-discipline.:goodjob: I used to be disciplined but not anymore!:H That fibromyalgia must be so debilitating. I think you may remember that I have two herniated discs in my neck and huddling over the computer is the WORST thing I can do to it, other than lifting weights. I, too, have to get up and walk around and do exercises my physical therapist recommended.
                  Please do tell us what your avatar means (second request). Enjoy your time on the canoe today. Also, thank you for the tip about quinoa. I had no idea it had such great health benefits.

Dill-what a tragedy with that air show accident! There just seems to be a spate of small plane crashes lately. Cherry jam.....YUM!!! Love it. I am surprised you and Mr. D had any time to make it. Will you have any time to spend on your boat this weekend?

Lav-you cracked my up when you talked about YB and the Su ('m not even going to try to spell the whole word:H ) River being his favorite place to sulk. Thank you also for the GF link. My neck has been much better since going GF.

Star-did you go to the festival yesterday? Are things any better at home with your son?

Witts End-congratulations on all your AF time. :goodjob:

Big hellos to Perse, Papmom(come out, come out) and people I miss: LBH, Chill, Sooty, Rustop, TDN....if you're lurking...I'm thinking about you guys!

I bought all my flowers and will spend the day outside, planting, then runing along the lake path, and topping it off with a dip in the pool. Hope everyone has a splendid AF Sunday!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

hello every
                    still here

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Witts!!:goodjob: Where are you...what country do you live in? Care to share?

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Rusty, hi, sounds like a perfect Sunday for your. Family peace is restored for now. Thanks for asking. I too was able to complete some yard work and swim. It is really warm and I love it.

Cyn, hope you get your writing done.

Lav, need that coffee today. Spent so much time outside yesterday, I am having a hard time waking up. I love summer, wish I had time to just enjoy.

Pap, let us know how you are doing, we miss you.

Monday, Monday, so grateful I have a job and can earn some money today. Have a great day.
                        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning Junesters

Yep, on kid duty, started at 7 am!!!!!!

Hazy, hot & humid today & likely all week as well. My garden is growing like crazy but so are the weeds:H

Missing you papmom!
                          Hi Rusty, Star, Dill, Witts, cyn & everyone. Hope we all have a good AF Monday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

hello everyone
                            I'm in australia Rusty mid north coast of NSW Wauchope ......it's half way between sydney and brisbane
                            I have 6 kids 5 boys and 1 girl (set of triplet boys)
                            I also have 12 grandchildren and another 2 on the way
                            I live on a farm of 65acreas run cattle (hobby) have a small veggie garden and love sewing especially Japanesse embroidery which now I'm back on deck af I hope to get back into the swing of things again
                            Also had a bad year last year ....Daughter-inlaw (25) had tumour taken off her brain jan 31 ...good now has since had a son.....my youngest son ( 25 also) had an auorta valve replacement got picked when he went for a medical for a job ( wouldn't made thirty) had no symptoms and that was on Feb 11 2 weeks after the daughter-in-law
                            I also had to have an operation in July suppose to have 6 weeks rest but started out good but then my mother ended up unexpectedly in hospital and died ( took everyone by surprise )
                            then I was executor of mums will and have nothing but problems with 3 of my sisters over everything
                            OKAY rambling on here but you did ask Rusty
                            catch you all to-morrow

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

morning just thought I would jump in and see what the goss is!..Witts your doing really well:goodjob:
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X