Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Cyn, so sorry to hear you burned your hand, ouch. It is so easy for something to leak when coming out of the oven. Take care.

Dill, yes my son is back since last fall, and it is difficult, sometimes really difficult. He is working and going to school, but is hard to live with, and it is causing problems in our home. My husband sides with him against me, and I have about had it. So, I just kept really busy yesterday, outside, and it was great. I also took back a few things I had bought that either broke or did not work. I got back $30 dollars and felt good for the money and vindicated. I hate buying stuff that does not work or breaks right away.

Lav, those ribs looked good, did you have a father's day cookout? We did not, just made a regular dinner. Hot a muggy outlook for this week.

Witt, good job on the continued AF time, it is different. I wonder if you were sleeping outside if that was making it hard to stay asleep. Alcohol always ruined my sleeping time. I sleep much better, most days, AF.

Rusty, sorry to hear about your mom's health issues, it hurts to watch parent suffer. I hate it. Have a good week traveling.

I have to go in later today so have time to get a few things done. To all, have a great day.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning June friends from a hot & muggy east coast, yuck!
      I turned the AC back on yesterday afternoon, it was getting diffficult to breathe & I don't even have any lung problems.

Star, I ended up tossing those ribs in the oven because it was pouring rain by dinnertime yesterday. YB was pleased - he always was food motivated :H
      My DIL & grandsons were here, my son was stuck at work in DC & my daughter & family were with the in-laws. Glad you found some quality me-time yesterday!

cyn, sorry about the oven burn! I can be a total klutz in the kitchen, injuring myself on just about anything Do you have any zinc oxide to put on the burn? Hope it heals up quickly. Congrats on a good yard sale

Greetings Rusty, hope you have a great day. I hope your Mom is OK. Making sure they are safe has to be a big priority. I think assisted living is a great idea if at all possible.

Hello to Dill, Perse, papmom, witts end & everyone!

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Morning all - (typing with both hands!)

Thanks everyone for the nice support about the flooring - I guess it was a little victory.

Rusty - so sorry to hear about your Mom's troubles...I agree with Lav, sometimes assisted living is the best option. Pricey though, and I know my Mom could not afford it - I'm just crossing fingers that she can stay in her apartment for as long as possible. Good luck with everything.

Star - sorry that things are so stressful for you right now. It would be very hard to have another energy in the house - and having one that causes discord must really be a challenge. You did so well to remove yourself from the situation, and do something proactive for yourself. My step-daughter may have to come live with us - her work situation is incredibly stressful, and she just got a diagnosis of Colitis (ulcerative or Crohn's, we're waiting to hear). We've told her that she can just quit and come live with us till she finds a better position...but honestly, that would be a huge change in this household. So we'll wait and see...

Lav - aren't you nice to make a great Father's Day for YB. Well, I guess the grandkids really are the ones who are lucky. Thanks for the zinc-oxide reminder, I'll pick some up.

Dill - hope you are hanging in there. I guess it's all very different than leaving for work this morning - or maybe just a different kind of work?

Take care Perse, Witt, PMom, and anyone I may have missed, apologies. Hope all have a great AF day...
        to the light

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hello Jazzy Ones,

Just taking a break here so I thought I would pop in.

Star-I, too, did not know your son had moved back home. I am so sorry you are living in such a stressful environment, especially with your husband taking your son's side. I admire you for setting boundaries and leaving the house when you need to protect your own sanity.

Cyn-OUCH!:l Burns are so painful.....I hope the zync oxide helps. Too bad to hear about your step-daughter's Crohn's/IBS. I have suffered from IBS for years and it's a real drag. How generous you are to suggest she live with you and Mr. Tree.:l
          Regarding my mom, no, she is not at all ready for assisted living. She is still sharp mentally at 86, drives, volunteers 20 hours per week, works in a store, and owns and maintains her 2,800 square foot lakefront condo. After her fall, she did get Life Alert so we are all breathing a little easier now. Fortunately, my sister lives only 15 minutes away and takes her to all her doctors' appointments, etc.

Lav-the ribs sound like they were delicious! Could you please post the pic of EB hugging Stella? I saw it posted on the Newbies Nest. I followed you around the boards yesterday.:H

Witts-keep up the good work.

Dill-I can understand why you feel like your house is not your own with your son and grandkids living there. Please be kind to yourself when you get a second to breathe.

Ok, back to work!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

hello Jazzettes!!
            Bracing for severe storms in a few minutes. I am so glad I took today off and had some time to go down and straighten up/vacuum the basement. We may need to head down there soon.
            Boyz went to the groomers today and DD did awesome!!! He had to be muzzled of course but didn't snap and barely growled. So proud of my boy! Tonite I will bathe LM and we'll cuddle up for the voice while he dries wrapped in towels.
            Lav-my groomer just got chickens again after quite a few years without. She has 4 RI red headed hens. They are so cute and friendly!! I wanted to go inside coop but didn't dare. I want chickens now!!!
            Also, Lav, can you post the black bean burger recipe again? I tried searching in the Recipe Corner but couldn't find it. My oldest nephew will be moving into an apartment with his GF for their senior year at UMass. They are both vegetarians and plan on doing a lot of cooking.
            Glad you had a nice dad's day get together although wet. Hope its cooling off for you.

Cyn-so sorry you burned your hand. Hope you are feeling better today. I am a total clutz in the kitchen. I'm not allowed to use sharp utensils when helping out at my sister's :H. you and hubby are so nice to offer to help out your step daughter. Just knowing she has a place to land should she quit her job must be a big relief for her. sounds like quitting her job might help her colitis as well. :l

Star-you did agreat job removing yourself from a very stressful situation and you made money too!! All I can offer you are cyber :l. I guess there is a reason I never had kids-I would never be as strong as you guys all are with all the drama that comes with raising kids. DD is about all I can handle!!

Rusty-so sorry to hear of the major dental procedure you mom has to undergo but I bet she'll feel so much better! Your mom and my dad are the same age and activity level. Maybe they should meet!!

Had to check the windows-storm seems to be coming from the northwest and water was pouring into DD's window and my attic window. Flood averted for now! It is pretty torrential tho and came on faster than I thought it would. Of course LM wants to go outside. Silly boy.

Wierdest thing just happened. I just got asked if I would be interested in going back to my old position at the private school I worked at for 4 years. The guy that is now Director was an Assistant under me but I didn't have him as a report. I think it might be worth talking to him about it. I love the school and he and I work great together. I would not mind him being my boss at all and I know that I would be welcomed back by others in the office that were there when I was. My options are always open and I think it's worth talking to him. Salary is going to be key and I'm not sure they can give me what I would need. I would also want to keep my demo job, at least 4 days a month. My old boss is gone from there and she would have been a reason not to go back. Oh and the commute is 75% less than what I'm doing now. 10 min compared to 40. could be interesting LOl!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hello Gang, I'm just popping on for a quick one.
              Cyn, so sorry you burned your hand... that has got to hurt!!!

Papmom...find out all the details. It sounds very interesting. Always good to generate options.

I had an hour and a half to myself at home this morning. 1 grandkid at summer school, 1 at day care, son at school and Mr. D having some medical tests. I can't even remember the last time I was here in my own home completely alone. I loved it!! Stolen moments.

Pers, Star, Lav, Rusty, Witts, and lurkers, greetings to all.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Quick check in...

Dill-I don't know how you manage to juggle all those balls without losing your mind. Great to be AF, right? Thank you for thinking of all of us. I know you have limited time and it means A LOT that you pop in.:h

Pap-I say GO FOR IT!!!! This guy obviously wants you, and if he'll give you the salary you want/need, with a shorter commute, what could be better? You know your current job is not a good fit so I think this is God/Universe speaking. Keep us posted.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Dill-ya gotta take your moments when you can so good on ya for taking advantage. I hope you have many more moments like that sprinkled into the fabric of your new life so you never take them for granted.:h

Thank you Rusty!! I hope I can speak with him soon and this time I'll know what questions to ask! One thing I know for sure is he is genuinely a nice guy with no ego involved. I also didn't see any reporting line in the job description which is fine with me!! I will definitely keep you posted!!

good nite to everyone-will check in tomorrow!!
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

My day with nothing special planned turned into a real zoo :H
                    My daughter & Ms Lily decided they wanted to come out for the day then my DIL announced she needed me to watch the boys for 4 hrs or so!!!! They have all gone home, I've picked up the mess, the dogs are tuckered out & I'm happy
                    Had some thunder storms roll thru at dinnertime but nothing bad.

Rusty - here's EB hugging the chicken (he was so proud)

Papmom - here's the link for the black bean burgers (I don't used canned beans, I cook dry beans but either works):
                    Black Bean Burgers | Annie's Eats
                    If you cook a 1 lb. package of beans, they will easily keep in the fridge for a week or you can freeze them. Cheaper than canned beans & much less sodium.

Greetings Dill! Glad you are finding a little 'quality alone time'......so important

cyn, glad to hear you are healing well.
                    Having your step-daughter move in could be rough....how old is she? Would she really want to do that?

Papmom, a new job, maybe? Cool

I need to wind down after this fabulous day! Have a good night all!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, again. I am a baby, sorry. I have made some decisions about my health. Our dear NoSugar advised that gluten may the culprit too Pap. So, I've decided to give that and sugar the heave~ho. It's not easy tho & I am already having mad cravings on day 2. Another withdrawal. When will it ever end....:upset: ? I do know someone who has also made a radical shift in diet and they swear by it. Wish me luck

Star, I feel super bad for your home situation. Especially since these are your closest peeps and home s/b your refuge. Can you all sit down and sort it a bit? I am so sorry. Let us know how we can support. :l Thank you for your compassion re: this health nightmare.

Thanks to you Lav for the pain management link, too bad it costs money :eeks: ok, what is YB? the only thing I could come up with is Young Buck, lol! Hope you don't get hit too hard by the storms, they're headed here too!

Pap the job sounds FANTASTIC!!! Really, really hope that works out for you. Bout time!
                      Your description of your pets and your evening together = ADORABLE! Be safe.

Rusty;1520225 wrote: Yesterday, I was extremely sad. My mom has to have all her teeth pulled and a full set of dentures put in. She took a very bad fall a couple of weeks ago and has been in a lot of pain. I know this upcoming procedure scares her. It just made me so depressed to think of her suffering....and how much she would really like to move on to a better life in Heaven. So, I shed some tears yesterday, but oh the joy of not feeling like I want to drink. The miracle of recovery. I am learning so much in my journey.
                      This is very touching and I can very much relate. Its so tough to sit and watch helplessly when someone we love is frightened and suffering, especially the super vulnerable. Sending you BIG :l. Will you be with her for the procedure? Indeed, going thru this sober is SO much better.

Rusty;1520225 wrote:
                      I sure wish I could hire you as an assistant. I need one. You are very sweet with your compliments but they truly embarrass me.
                      I do hope you keep me in mind and there are plenty more compliments where those came from!!! Safe travels...

I agree Dill that 30 days isn't enough, but they let my step momma out. They just wanted to straighten out her meds I guess. This has been goin' on for years. My family has pretty much accepted it. Bizarre. I am sorry YOU are feeling blue and a bit alienated from your home. Maybe you should flee for a bit and go do something enjoyable & frivolous ~ regularly. Opening your home is wonderful, so you should reward yourself for being so generous!!! :wd:

I hope your hand is healing quickly Cyn and that you are swell!

Hows goin' WittsEnd, check in and let us support you, k?

Wishing you all a good night. XOXO, P.
                      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Thanks for all the positive energy sent my way. This business with my son has gone on his entire life, with lots of meds, counseling, etc., when he was younger. THAT did not help, (the meds) and he is actually doing better at this point then the experts ever thought. They wanted him to go on disability, and what is the point of that? I have seen people on disablity ruined by sitting around collecting just enough to exist. It is a burden to bear and puts a strain on my marriage. But with everyone sharing stressors in their lives, I realize we all have work to do in relationships.

Dill, I know what you mean about acutually having time alone in your house. It is wonderful. I had some time on Saturday and enjoyed it to the fullest. No TV, peaceful, lovely.

Lav, glad you had an awesome day!! Those bean burgers are so delicious. Your grandson is a cutie, how fun for him to have a grandma with farm animals.

Pap, see how the Universe works? The outcome is not as important as the fact that there are opportunities out there for you. You will find a good fit. You are right, family issues are weighty, but such is life. So glad you doggies are so cute and cuddly. With all the rain, it is so GREEN, I love it. Is it really lush and gorgeous in your area?

Rusty, so nice for you to stop by with your busy schedule. It does hurt to watch parents age and suffer with health issues. Your mom sounds super cool and in charge, working and volunteering. And still driving, good for her. Unfortunately my Dad was told they still did not get all the cancer, after two surgeries. He sounded helpless and scared. It sucked. My sibling is trying to think of options and is willing to fly down there and go with him, but he is not sure what he wants to do. I agree that at his advanced age, (almost 80) he should watch out for those doctors who want to cut, burn and poison him, not adding to his quality of life at all. No good choices right now.

Pers, life is full of challenges, in all areas. I was told before that in all areas of our lives: financial, spiritual, family, work, friends, health, etc., our barometers will not all be at 100%. So, when I calm down I realize that although I am worried about my dad and my son is driving me crazy, other areas are in the 90s. Does that make sense? I try to focus on the areas that are going well and fix the areas or come to terms with the other parts. Sometimes it works, others not, but I can guarantee that being AF helps me to manage everything in an entirely different way.

I am focusing on my health, will make hummus before work, lots of veggies and fruits. I have a busy day and want to feel awesome. Allergy testing next week, so hope to find out what is going on with me.

Hello to all, have a great day.
                        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning friends,

Just sitting here waiting for more T storms
                          I do believe we have broken rainfall totals for June already! Yes, the grass is growning a mile a minute but that's not my problem, YB will have to deal with that :H

Perse, YB = Yard Boy who also serves as my part time husband

Star, focusing on yourself is the best thing since we now know, for sure, that we can't change anything or anyone else. It takes a lot of practice after a lifetime of worrying about everyone else but it's important
                          My grandkids love the hummus I make. I've watched them scoop it out of the bowl with their fingers to get every last bit!!!!

Perse, my daughter cured herself of crippling arthritis symptoms by going GF!
                          She also told me yesterday that in 1 year's time her vision has vastly improved. Her eye doc was shocked to see her move from 800 to 600 power lenses but says he has seen the same in a few other patients. Nice side effect of going Gluten free

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Tuesday!
                          I'm heading right back to Curves today & again tomorrow because I'll be tied up watching the boys Thursday & Friday.

Lav

Edit to add a link for the hummus the kids liked so much
                          Forks Over Knives | White Bean Hummus with Fresh Thyme and Basil
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

hello still af day 20 here

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Lavande;1520983 wrote: Perse, my daughter cured herself of crippling arthritis symptoms by going GF!
                              Yes, thanks for sharing this. It a HUGE adjustment tho, let me tell you. And then to attempt to remove sugar too, Wow! Its a Radical change in my eating habits. I woke up this morning downright snarly at the thought of having to prepare and bring my own dinner to family night. They are supportive, but Geeeez. It will be worth it if it works I keep telling myself!

Hope Y'all are having a lovely Tuesday. P.
                              "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Splendid News Witts End! ointup:

How are you doing/feeling?

P.

Comment

Working...
                                X