Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Mojo ~ AF

Good morning...

Goals for May 2016 are to remain AF, eat healthier, and appreciate nature by taking at least one walk a day, weather permitting. We are going into full blown spring, so to enjoy the weather is priority!!!!

I am thinking of investing in a Vitamix, does anyone have one? They are on sale and I have a coupon, so thought it would be a great Mother's Day gift to myself (self-care).

Lav, the weather is rainy and gloomy here too, but we will have real greenery once this is finished, looking forward to the warmer weather.

Pauly, sounds like you had a wonderful day with your husband, so happy for you! Maybe the rain will dampen down the pollen in your area.

Dill, hope your day was wonderful, tell us about your birthday.

Cyn, wondering if you made some connections that will help your business. May will be a busy month for you!

April was a great month for our thread, we shared, discussed, explored, supported, let's continue and focus on our journeys. Have an awesome AF Sunday.

Thanks Star! What a great start to the month!! I agree with all of your goals, personally and for our thread here. Let's go into May with lots of love and self-care...

Star - I remember that LBH had a Vitamix, and she loved it. Most people who have it swear by it -- that sounds like a great gift to yourself!

I hope all are well here. I did make some good professional connections out of this weekend's event, so we'll see if that turns into something. I also enjoyed meeting lots of different people and telling them about what I do --- so many people are terrified of their 'clutter' and feel like it is a hopeless situation... (and then they buy more stuff to add to it!) I created a Before and After slideshow to run on my computer -- that gave some people a lift, to show them what is possible.

Wishing all a great AF Sunday, with some relaxation thrown in there ---

Comment

Good morning friends & happy May

Tanks for the startup Star!
      I'm always on the hunt for my mojo, ha ha!!!

We had a break in the rain yesterday so I went outside & cut some lilacs to bring inside. They smell so good.
      Star, I have been tempted to buy a Vitamix many times but feared it wouldn't get enough use to justify the cost. I actually use my Cuisinart food processor YB gave me almost everyday. It has three bowls so it handles any job from grinding nuts & making 'cheese' to making a batch of pizza dough to slicing & chopping veggies. Not sure what that thing cost but I know it's their high end processor.
      Just found it on Amazon:
      Amazon.com: Cuisinart FP-14DC Elite Collection 14-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast: Full Size Food Processors: Kitchen & Dining
      I love this thing

Hey Cyn, glad your day went well yesterday.
      I hope you get lots of business

Hi to Dill the birthday girl. So, how was the cake? Did he actually make you one? Lol

Pauly, the first time I ventured into a real Mexican restaurant I was in Idaho visiting my brother. Wasn't expecting to see anything like that there but it was real good!! My eating adventures have come to an end - couldn't do that anymore. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

I need to go pick up dog food & some other essentials today. I hope the rain gives us a break at some point.
      Have a terrific AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning friends,Star,go ahead and get the vitamix,it's an investment in health,not a splurge,Ijust use my mini blender but it doesn't chop very good,love the goals for May Cyn,decluttering is soooo hard for me but it sure does feel good when its done,between hubs' garage junk,Louie's toys and the spare room of Kell and Bobbi's stuff sometimes its overwhelming but Ijust avoid it haha,Lav,when i was living in Idahoin the early 90's iIwas ssurprised that there was a lotof Mexican cculture,think cuz of the farm workers that migrated,ok this keyboard is wet or something (typing double) so I'mgonna sign off,Dill how was your big day?? Hope we all have a sspectacular Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning...

Oh, the weekend went to fast for me. We ended up visiting my daughter and bringing my son along, so we had a wonderful family day! The weather turned out lovely, sunny and 70s, so we were outside and enjoying the day!

Pauly, I ordered the Vitamix and agree with you, it is an investment in my future. Eating well effects everything I do, so another tool that I can use daily will make it easier to eat well. Wishing you a strong productive week filled with love and peace.

Lav, the Cuisinart sounds like your go to for so much, so getting Vitamix would be too much. I just have a used food processor from the 70s, it does the job, but this thing even makes soup, so I am really excited. Hope the great weather moves your way.

Cyn, I miss LBH, she was so interesting, good to know she had a Vitamix too. Lots of things to do on your agenda? Have a great week.

Hello to Dill.

Have a great Monday.

Comment

Good morning friends,

Recovering from a dinner date with my grandsons, ha ha!!
            I hadn't seen them in two weeks, amazing how they change in that little bit of time.
            Weather is still in stinky mode around here, ugh.
            The Cuisinart food processor replaced my original from the 70's, ha ha!
            I still 'see' LBH on Facebook, she seems to be happy & doing fine

Hello to Dill, Cyn & Pauly.
            I'm going to run now while I can, Curves is calling.
            Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, Star,I'm glad you ordered the vitamix,it'll be exciting to hear what kinds of things you make,where is Miss Dill? I was watching fear the walking dead and was thinking about you,Kell had come home right after it was over and I was kinda zoned so she asked what's wrong? I told her I was rehashing the episode in my head trying to figure out what I thought of it,what's gonna happen next,etc,update on Kells work situation: she has been transferred to another(further) location but she loves it so far,everyone is nicer,manager is a doll,plus its got some great stores in the complex,Target,Chipotle,world market cost plus(my FAVE) tropical smoothie, etc,so she's happyMichelle is also working security 12 am to 6 am,so I've NO reason to be worried about these kids ATM hello Lav and Cyn,hope we all have a nice Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Forgot to tell you guys,one of my customers is as bad as me with the allergies so she went to an allergist who skin pricked her 80 times and she's allergic to absolutely NOTHING! I said I bet that's me too so I wonder what's causing the symptoms?

Comment

Morning (barely) all!

Got Mr Tree off to the big city - he's packing up his stuff there in the rental once again, and is headed back home today. He'll be here through mid-July now, so I'll have plenty of time to practice Boundaries and Detachment! I just got back inside from doing a little emergency gutter work and landscaping - I looked out the window, and the gutters were overflowing and it was piling up right by our foundation, in place that is bad for our basement. So I put on my rain suit (love that thing!), hauled the big ladder up to the downspout end, and found it completely blocked... then dug trenches to get the water away from the house. and down into the lawn.

Yesterday's big success was to meal plan, shop and make some food for the week. Whew, what a relief - I was so tired over the weekend that I ended up eating baked sweet potatoes over and over.

Dill - hope your day was great. Star - how nice that you had family time. Pauly - great news about Kell! Lav - wow, I wish I had a fuller-functioning Cuisinart - I just have the one bowl ( I think - maybe I should go hunting in my cabinet to see if there is a small one!). Amazing that you haven't seen the boys for 2 weeks! So glad you had a good time.

I reflect every day on Gratitude for being AF. The journey 'home' to oneself is a big, long, rich, wonderful road, and it's a great trip.

Happy Monday all ---

Comment

Hello AF Friends, sorry I've been MIA. Life has just been pulling me away from the computer lately. I had a wonderful birthday! Mr. D bought me a candle making start up kit bc he heard me talking about wanting to try it! So sweet.
                    Star, I'm going to be making a Stargazer Lily scented candle just for you! Congrats on the vitamix. Good, sensible investment.
                    Lav, I'm amazed too at how much the young ones change in even just 2 weeks time. My Gdaughter went from filling a page full of random colors to painting an actual apple tree in just two weeks. I think that represents a leap for her little brain! Mr. D did bake me a cake! It was good, too.
                    Pauly, if your friend didn't have allergies to any of the test items, what the heck is going on?! Could it be just sinus problems due to changes in barometric pressure? Are you going to try the allergy testing for yourself? I'm giving up on the FTWD. I can't watch it anymore. None of the characters or story lines appeal to me, sad to say. I wanted to like it!
                    Cyn, Thanks for the comment on reflecting daily on being AF. I let that slide too often. It's so important! It's like a daily booster shot! (A painless one that is.)
                    Let's all have a peaceful AF Monday night!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Shoot Dill,now I have nobody to talk over episodes with,seems like nobody likes the show,glad your birthday was fun and candle making sounds great I used to mold homemade soaps that was fun but kind of expensive plus I wouldn't allow anyone to use them haha

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, itis amazing how quick little kids change and grow. Guess we are having a rainy week again, oh well, it is very green.

Pauly, so happy your daughter was transferred, what a relief. Peace to you this week.

Cyn, you sound so busy, take care and enjoy having your husband home.

Dill, thanks for the positive feedback on the Vitamix. I am excited to get it and try new things.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning all -

Fast note here; busy day ahead. Painting day in my office! I am patting myself on the back - I got down to 'brass tacks' in all the filing -- my mother's estate, my business, my husband's business, financials, bills, interesting articles, all of it! Strange to say as a professional organizer, but I sometimes wondered if I would ever get to the bottom of it all - things that I haven't been able to take care of since the before the last 3 moves! But it's done, and now onto crafting a new room. Hallelujah!

Pauly - I know positively that I have a histamine reaction to dairy and to wheat - I haven't eaten either of those for years, and if I do, I get instant sore throats and stuffiness (if not a cold coming on right away). But my allergy tests showed: eggs, mustard, and malt. So sheesh, I'm just sticking with what I know works for me! There is a difference between an allergic response and a histamine response, but I couldn't tell you exactly what it is. How about trying a homeopathic approach for you - there's a great company called 'Native Remedies' that has a product called 'Allergy Ease/Weather Changes'. I like the company a lot - I use their products on my dogs, and it has always worked. Homeopathic stuff works with your body to strengthen and heal, instead of suppressing symptoms. It might be worth a try! Good luck.

Dill - so glad to hear about your birthday. How sweet of Mr. Dill to actually be 'listening' to you! Have fun with your candle kit --

Lav - hope all is well in LavLand during this wet weather - I bet your garden is loving it. I'm hoping to move some plants out to an area that I'm not able to water easily - maybe the rain will give them a good start.

Star - I keep forgetting to answer your question about L-Glutamine. I think I read about it first on this site; a really healing substance for your gut, and also helps a lot with blood sugar stabilization. I'm on a product that blends it with licorice, which is also a healing gut thing. I'm sure you can find out more by googling - I recommend the loose powder put in a little bit of water. I think it might be a lot of pills... Good luck with that, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your vitamix adventures. We have a Nutribullet here, but I use it mainly for the dogs! I don't do raw food very well, even blended or juiced. Every body is different!

Well off to get a tone done -did I say that Mr Tree and I are off for a special road trip to Canada next week? And then my brother and SIL come for a visit, and then our high-profile guest returns over Memorial Day. So, of course I'm trying to accomplish every home task that's on the To Do list - better get going!

Grateful for this site, all of you, and for an AF life ---

Comment

Good Tuesday morning friends,

Yep, dark & damp here too once again.
                            We had some pretty big thunder storms last evening with lots of lightning.

I made a vegan lasagna yesterday for dinner. Used the food processor to make the cashew 'ricotta cheese'. You will find lots of uses for your Vitamix Star - be creative

Dill, glad you had a good birthday weekend.
                            I had a candle making kit back in the 70's (before kids) & had a lot of fun with that. I hope you enjoy it too!

Pauly, I'm wondering......
                            I read an article recently about the top polluted cities in the US. Do you think maybe air quality could be causing so many people to have respiratory symptoms? I think it's a good possibility. The rise in asthma cases in these cities is quite frightening.
                            Fill your house with air cleaning plant to help clear the air inside. There's not much you can do about the air pollution outside. NASA has a neat list: NASA Clean Air Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            Glad your daughters are settling into their new jobs, yay!

Cyn, you remain the busiest woman I know, LOL
                            There is absolutely no way I would get on a ladder & clean out gutters. BE CAREFUL!!

I was just booked to watch my grandsons tomorrow. That means transporting them to & from school, etc.
                            My granddaughter is having difficulties at her preschool again. They are reporting lots of crying, etc. I don't know why she's not coping but this is problematic. My SIL & daughter are stressed out - his dad is in the hospital in very poor condition & may not pull through a host of health problems. He's pretty much a 79 year old train wreck. The little ones pick up on this stuff too.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, Cyn ,that's an interesting list,mustard?wow,sometimes I think eggs bother me too,I've been eating more of them trying to avoid grains but it seems like that's when my anxiety started getting kinda bad again who knows?Lav,Vegas has horrible air quality, if you're driving in you can see a haze,that's it no buildings, no mountains etc,the water sux too haha,Louie's sick AGAIN! He was soooo whiny last night it was just awful, hope he's back to his sweet self today,hello Star and Dill,hope we all have a terrific Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                              X