May Mojo ~ AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning friends & Happy Mother's Day to all of us

I think I am going to end up feeding most of my crew today ~ as usual SO it's will be something quick & easy like burgers & chicken on the grill. I hope the weather clears up enough for the person I assign to attend the grill, ha ha!

Star, glad you had a good day yesterday & got lots of things done. Enjoy your day today as well.
    I hope your son's interview turns into a good offer for him

Hello to Dill & Cyn. Do you ladies have any plans today?
    Pauly, I sure hope you are feeling better & hanging in there.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning friends,Happy Mothers day thanks for the link Lav,I really need to put aside the time and do meditation again,also need to splurge on a really nice decaf!! I just really love coffee in the morning, its all warm and comforting and I lose track of the cups,Louie seems to be back to his old self so that's good, he was so cute yesterday I asked him if he was his new puppies dad or brother, he said brother and it sounded so cute I kept making him say it I'm hungry,hope hubs doesn't want to take me out for breakfast cuz I know there'll be a wait,I can't wait! Hello Cyn,Star,Dill,I hope we all have a special AF day(we deserve it)
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello All, hope everyone had a good Sunday. I did. I started out the day at early Mass. Afterwards I met my crew (grandkids and Mr. D) at a restaurant called "Biscuit World". It was a special request by the grandson but who am I to turn down a breakfast out! LOL! Then we headed back home and spent the day in and out and just having fun. My gdaughter made me laugh today in the car. She said, "I hab a hypopsasis." After a few seconds my highly trained speech therapist ear translated it to: I have a hypothesis. I busted out laughing! She was explaining to me where she thought a big balloon had disappeared to. You just don't expect a 4yo to come out with that stuff! Don't worry, she didn't know I was laughing at what she said. I would never want to hurt her little feelings. But Pauly, I hear you on having Louie say something over and over again that is just so darn cute!

Pauly, this may sound like a silly suggestion, but what about making your morning coffee half calf? I mix regular and decaf 50/50 bc I don't like the taste of decaf but I'm supposed to drink less caffeine too.

Lav, I didn't fire up the grill but we had barbecue chicken oven style today. It's so easy and always a favorite. We had burgers on the grill yesterday and I too assigned the grill work to someone else. I don't like to grill.

Star, I really hope something comes of Friday's interview. Your son needs a break!

Hey Cyn!

Have a peaceful AF evening.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad you had a great day Dill I bought some decaf McCafe,I'll mix it,was using Folger's 1/2 caff before but I'm addicted to Peets coffee right now so this will be a good mix

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill,that was so cute what you're granddaughter said! I swear these kids crack me up

Comment

Good morning...

So we all had a nice day, good! My family drove out to the country and went to a restaurant that was pretty good, crowded, but we were seated quickly and our service was great! We drove back home and then shopped for stuff for our back yard, still exploring, we'll see. It rained in the am but by evening we were able to mow the lawn and take a walk, it was lovely. So, feeling good, hard to go back to work today!!!!

Lav, how did your cookout go? It was nice to go out with the family for a change. One of us (my daughter or I) usually cook, and that is fun too! I love to cook. I am telling you Pinterest is a great idea. I found a pin with lots of salad dressings you can make and they are pretty simple! I need to get some jars to store them in. The salad dressings at the store are filled with chemicals and so bad for us.

Dill, how cute your granddaughter sounds, what a treat. Your outing sounded so fun too! My grandson was so darling, I can't even describe how cute he is, love him so much.

Pauly, sounds like you were on track for a lovely day too. I had ice tea yesterday at lunch and felt the effects till bedtime. Some of us are really sensitive to caffeine, darn it. 50/50 coffee/decaf sounds like a great idea. My husband would never go for it though.

Busy week this week, have to eat healthy and light to get though. Hello to Cyn and have a great Monday, AF.

Comment

Hello AF Friends,

Star, your Mother's Day sounds really, really nice. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day with your family. I talked with my daughter on the phone, mother to mother. It was nice. My son wished me Happy Mother's Day but he had too much to do to come over. It's the end of the school term. Funny your hb would not accept 1/2 caf. I felt exactly the same way at first and refused. But then my hb had to cut back too! Since he did, I agreed to go with the 1/2 caf in the mornings for his sake.

Pauly, I don't have Peets coffee here in Ohio. And I didn't know you could buy McCafe by the bag! Interesting. We are both fans of Community Coffee which is in New Orleans. We buy it on the internet of course. We also like Tim Horton's coffee Watched FTWD last night. I actually thought it was the best epi so far! I'm glad Mr. D didn't quit on it. LOL!

Lav, Cyn, have great Mondays!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,its weird cuz some days I can drink coffee clear up til 5 pm(to keep up with Louie) and sleep like a baby,other days it just messes me up with just a little bit,glad you had a nice mothers day,Dill,I've heard of Tom Horton's but not Community, don't you ladies really love coffee now?just the smell,taste,warmth,etc not drinking has defo made me appreciate the flavor of it and the experience yeah Fear was good,Kell didn't even care cuz she's impatiently waiting for the real walking dead haha,poor thing was sad yesterday cuz her bf didn't get her anything for mothers day,he said its not about gifts luckily I had bought her 2 candles,a fancy cupcake,$20 in a card and hubs took us to Which Which(yummy sandwich place) then her back was hurting and she took one of her pain pills and it gave her anxiety, so she didn't have the best day yesterday, made me feel sad,anyways hello Cyn and Lav,hope we all have a wonderful Monday!

Comment

Good Monday morning friends!

Yesterday's cookout was just fine, weather was perfect too after nearly two weeks of rain.
                    The kids played outside the whole time. It was nice to see the three of them running around in the fresh air instead of being cooped up inside. My son stopped by on his way to work for a 36 hour shift, goodness!

About the coffee thing - I have been using half decaf for years. I love coffee & drink a lot of it but full strength coffee just got to be too much. I've found if you buy decent coffee no one notices the difference & don't tell them, ha ha!. YB gets a big box of Community coffee delivered every once in a while too Dill. Their decaf ice tea bags is all we use anymore
                    Glad you both enjoyed your Mother's day Star & Dill.

Cyn, what's going on with you today? How about you Pauly?

I found a new nut-free, non-dairy ranch dressing I am going to try out today. If it's decent I'll post the link. How's that for exciting, LOL

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Oh my, I have insomnia, went to bed at 11 pm, woke up at 3:30 am, not sure why, no particular caffeine intake, worries, etc., so I hope I am not tired today! We are leaving work early to drive to watch my son graduate, it means alot to him, and then taking tomorrow off. It is about three hours each way, and rain the entire way is predicted, both there and back, so it will be kind of intense. But, I love a good road trip. Also, my work week will be shorter, and I have lots of plans this weekend, so I need my energy!

Lav, that dressing sounds interesting, let us know how it tastes. I eat salad all the time, and make my own dressing. Still not losing weight though, it's not fair.Great you had a good Mother's Day with family and sunny weather.

Dill, sounds like your Mother's Day was good and low key. That is good too. Lots of tornados in the Midwest right now, hope they don't come our way.

Pauly, hope your week is going well. Nice taht you got to spend time with your daughter on Sunday.

Cyn, hope you are having a good week.

To all, have a terrific Tuesday AF.

Comment

Good Morning from southern Ohio. It's going to be a wet one today unfortunately but I will be busy all afternoon at the volunteer job.

Star, that is really great that you will be going to your son's graduation. It sounds like it means a lot to him. Have fun on your road trip. Is you daughter going too? Sorry to hear about your sleep difficulties. That happens to me from time to time. I hate when the worry loop gets started. I solve it by getting my ipod and listening to a book. I often fall asleep not to long into it. Especially if the book is boring! LOL

Lav, I remember you telling me once a long time back that you were a fan of Community coffee too. And I agree with you that if you get good tasting coffee people can't tell if it's decaf or not, if you don't mention it.

Pauly, how is Kel doing? I hope much better. Was the procedure she had not successful? It sounds like you had a good Mother's day except for your concern about Kel. My son is a WD fan too, but he would watch Fear if he could but he can't get that channel.

Cyn, I hope your absence doesn't mean you are working too hard! Be good to yourself.
                        Dill

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Tuesday!

It's dark & damp here as well, yuck. We had a day & a half of sun then it disappeared. I would rather be dealing with this stuff than those horrendous looking tornadoes I see in the news, geez.

Star, the ranch dressing recipe is probably the best I've found yet. Take a look at Jennifer's Kitchen | For a healthy you! She has lots of good looking recipes
                          I cannot seem to budge a pound anymore despite eating better & getting to Curves 4X/week. What's up with that?
                          Enjoy the graduation ceremony, special times!
                          Try not to worry about the insomnia, most of us seem to be stuck with it from time to time. Everything changes as we get older, especially sleep quality. I miss the real, restorative deep sleep of youth, ha ha!!!

Dill, I hope your volunteer day goes well today. Sounds like a perfect rainy day activity.
                          If you go thru iced tea the way we do around here try the Community decaf large tea bags - very good

Hello to Pauly & Cyn!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,Star,you're probably just over excited about the graduation and road trip I'm hormonal so that's my excuse,Lav,those tornadoes are awful! Seen one one the news in Colorado, didn't even know they got them there,Dill,Kell Snapchat me yesterday from work,still anxious poor thing,I wish she and I could go get hypnotized or something to never have anxiety over nothing again, Cyn,we're missing you I hope we all have a terrific Tuesday

Comment

Pauly, those meditations I mentioned the other day, when done daily work just like hypnosis. You have to change your thinking, change direction to get away from the chronic anxiety. I did it so I know you can too & then you can show Kell how it's done
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks Lav,will do one when I lay down for the night,been so slow around here lately, nothing new to read spent some time in the garden now my back hurts haha,put my little zen statues in it,fixed the tomato's I hope I didn't disturb any roots hope everyone is having a good night, see you all in the morn

Comment

Working...
                                X