No announcement yet.

May Mojo ~ AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello AF friends, sorry for another late and this time brief check in. It's just been busy here lately but all in a good way. I'll try to do better tomorrow!

Let's have a good AF Tuesday night!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Grrr,he's not back to his sweet self,whiny×10!!!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Dill, hope you are doing OK

Pauly, comfort measures go a long way for the little ones when they're sick. Tylenol, lots of liquids, fav blanket & lots of rest. They whine like that because they just don't have the words to tell you what's going on with them. I'm sure you know all that already

I'll be up & out early in the morning. Will check in shen I can.

Peace tonight!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning,

Everyone sounds very busy, in a good way. I have been really struggling this week physically, feeling super tired and achy, including all my fingers having pain in them, arthritis is worse I guess, but it is so uncomfortable. So, I have made it through work and come home and just rested. Period. I just maybe need rest. Also, I bought some B-12 and know that will take a little time to help too. So, just having a tough week, it happens.

Cyn, thanks for the info on the glutamine, I will look into it. Sounds like you have alot to look forward to, the Canada trip will be fun, then guests and more guests, but you will be busy, spring is on the way, and your hubby is home. Have you been feeling better with the program you have been following? Hope so.

Lav, interesting thoughts about the air quality, we used to live in a place that had bad air quality and were glad to move, by lots of factories and when the wind was from the north, it smelled really bad and that was scarey. I still stay away from nuts after my problem a few years ago and that limits me in vegan butters, but I will try the sunflower seed butter at some point. The Vitamix is not here yet, and I am looking forward to new recipes. I wondered if you had links or info on arthritis inflammation and natural things to do to reverse the trend. I must be doing something not good for myself, that I am in pain, and I always forget to take ibuprophen. Any suggestions? I hope your granddaughter has a better week, you are right, if the parents are upset and struggling, the kids know it, no secrets from them.

Pauly, it is hard to deal with sick little ones, know you are doing your best and giving lots of grandma love and care, the best!

Dill, glad you are busy, looking forward to hearing from you.

Happy Hump Day AF.

Comment

Hello AF Friends,

Nice morning here so far and I hope the rain holds off long enough for me to have my walk with my gf, the one who is moving soon. I believe she will be moved by early summer. Sigh.

So, I made my first candle yesterday using the sample fragrance that came with the kit: sundried vineyard. It's a pleasant grape scent and the color came out just right! I think I am going to enjoy this new hobby. After I finished my candle I decided to make jam with the berries we had frozen from last season. Have any of you ever made jam? It's quite a lot of work really and sometimes it doesn't work out in the end as the product doesn't gel properly. That happened to me with this batch! GRRRR! I am going to give it a day or so. If it hasn't thickened up by then I am going to dump it all back in the pot, add some pectin and try again. It's worth it but what a hassle!! LOL!

Those two projects yesterday kept me on my feet most of the day. My back was done at the end of the day!

Star, I'm so sorry your arthritis is flaring. How do you feel about Aleve? I use it fairly regularly for my back. It's what my doc recommended altho she does caution that any use of pain medication should be as limited as possible. I'm sure Lav will have info on foods that help against inflammation.

Pauly, I asked Mr. D to take FTWD out of our recording list bc we both think it is painful to watch but, LOL! He said no, he's still going to forge on with it! HA! So you may still have one person to talk with about it! So, do you think they will be able to rescue the hostages in the next epi? This crew is do freaking dysfunctional and inept! If they pull it off it will be nothing short of a miracle!

Lav, so sorry your gdaughter is having troubles at school again. It could very well be an expression of anxiety because of her parent's anxieties. Or, it could just be that she has social difficulties. Anyway, I hope a solution can be found without her having to switch preschools again.

Cyn, a road trip to Canada? That sounds wonderful! So beautiful! Will Niagra Falls be a stop along the way? I've been there twice, once as a child and once when my children were young. On the second visit we road the Maid of the Mist. How fun that was! And of course we dined in the space needle restaurant. Have you ever? I suppose you'll be back in plenty of time to get the sheets ironed for your royal guests.

Have a happy AF Hump Day everyone.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning friends, Dill,you sound happy glad the candle turned out good,you gotta remember that the outbreak just kind of barely happened so of course they're inept to a point but yeah you figure they'd have learned the ropes by now,I take Advil nearly every day was trying turmeric cuz they say it works great on inflammation but one product I tried actually caused headaches in me,it had Meriva for absorbtion so I think It didn't agree with me,have Louie again tonight, the problem is, I think I've mentioned it before is Louie's dad won't let him nap(says he too old) so by the time I get him at 3,he's worn down and grumpy,not fun to be around (feel guilty as hell saying that) but he's just a monster,especially feeling under the weather, he's better but you know how it is when you're recovering from sickness, you still feel off,hello Lav,Cyn,Star I hope we all have a wonderful AF Wednesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends,

I am on grandson duty today. Making sure they get to where they have to be, feeding & watering them too, ha ha! I brought the younger guy back to my house for breakfast & need to drop him off for his pre-K program at 11:30
                My daughter & SIL met with the teachers yesterday & worked out a plan to keep granddaughter happy & in school. Turned out the problem was with the school director, she's a miserable person. The teachers are apparently much more flexible. Good!!

Dill, I have made jams & whatnot over the years & yes they can be difficult. I have decided that whatever we get from our blueberry bushes & strawberry plants will be used fresh or frozen whole. I am trying to stay away from using sugar - too inflammatory. I am freaked out about recent studies looking at sugar & cancer, ugh. I hope you get your walk in, no rain here yet just clouds.

Star, Cyn & I have both figured out staying away ftom foods that cause inflammation works best. For some people it's dairy, grains, night shades, etc. Sugar causes inflammation in all of us whether we know it or not. I think trying an elimination diet works best. Look up Amy Myers MD, she has a lot of good information about that.

Pauly, all kids are different. Some don't need naps after age two, some need them much longer. If Louie is not getting an afternoon nap then I would be sure he gets to bed very early at night. His immune system is probably being stressed out so he's getting sick frequently, that's a shame & preventable.

Cyn, you sure do have a busy month ahead. I wish you much strength, ha ha!

OK, back to business here. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Sheesh,Louie may have to go to his other grammas house tomorrow, he is just being very unpleasant his dad is usually off Wed and Thurs but had to work for someone, I am getting a bit irritated with this,makes me feel guilty but he's reminding me of a grumpy old man haha

Comment

Pauly, do you think Louie possibly has a sore throat or earache? They're not very good at his age about communicating that stuff. You just have to kind of observe their behaviors. Is he eating & drinking OK? Is he pulling at an ear or anything like that? Poor kid & poor Pauly - hang in there!

My grandsons just went home so I can sit for a while & decompress. Having the two of them rolling around on the kitchen floor 'wrestling' while I'm cooking dinner is not thrilling, LOL
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Dill, candle making is fun, and then you get to use them! Having fun with your creative side for a while, good for you. Thanks for the support re: arthritis pain, I have been following a mostly veggie and fruit diet this week, limited dairy, no wheat, and guess what, I am feeling better. The weather did not help, it has rained and been damp, but it is not like I am outside in this weather so not sure what is going on. It is so hard when a good friend moves away...how do you fill that? Luckily with phones and facebook, it makes it easier to be in contact, but it is not the same, and I know it. Supporting you 110%.

Lav, isn't that just boys, hitting, rolling, getting rowdy? Growing up with brothers, I get it. Plus, my son was wild on his own, bring another kid in and it got crazy! I have been using the B12 and sleeping better already, my husband commented to me that it has make a difference for him too. Kind of interesting. Got my vitamix yesterday, but felt a little intimidated, wanted to make sure I read the instructions first, and we had a landscaping guy over with plans to redo the back yard. I am excited to have a fire pit and new patio and plants. Lots of money but will be worth it in the end as we will enjoy it for years. And, I don't have to move!!!!!! I am not sure what foods are causing the inflammation...sometimes I think it takes a few days after you eat something, but I do notice processed foods and take out are immediately bad for me. I don't have them often, but sometimes make bad choices or don't feel like cooking. I am going to make and freeze some good things soon and then I can nuke them if I don't have time to cook. I appreciate all the knowlege you share as it is really helpful.

Pauly, I have set limits with babysitting, I just can't do it for a long period of time, I get exhausted. Hope the little guy is feeling better, you are a good grandmother for doing so much.

Cyn, know you are busy, hello to you and have a good one.

Happy AF Thursday to all.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,usually I don't have him on these 2 days but his dad is working for someone, also usually we have such fun together, he doesn't seem sick anymore but just bratty,asks for something to eat,then throws it on the floor and asks for something else,pulling Winslow's fur,climbing on stuff,etc and when I try to tell him no,he says he hates me, wants to go home,I'm just like "who is this kid?" Kell and her bf fight ALOT, I really hope its not rubbing off on my beautiful Lou I'm sure he just still feels a little yuck,now I'm starting to feel a little yuck too,not sure if I'm just overly tired with allergies or what,I haven't really been having problems with them here lately but yesterday was a whole lot of sneezing and this morning I'm congested, grrr,shoulda slept in for a bit this morning but sometimes if I sleep too much I get groggy for the whole day,anybody ever get that? Alrighty, hello Lav,Cyn,Dill hope we all have a great Thursday

Comment

Morning all - sorry to miss posting yesterday - I started early working on prepping and painting the office, and it took all day, and along with cooking, etc. it wore me out.

Lav - I used to work with paint contractors (in between singing gigs) so I am good with ladders! I remember painting on the top of a 30 foot ladder a couple of times -- I wouldn't want to be doing that again! So glad it seems to be working out with your granddaughter. You put in some serious babysitting hours this week..

Star - (and Pauly) there is a lot of evidence that naproxen and ibuprofen are really bad for our bodies - long term use is really hard on your gut. So it's good that you forget to take it! I took 4/day naproxen for years (rec by a doc), and I'm sure that it contributed to my 'leaky gut' issues, grrr. You might try a grain-free diet for awhile to see if that helps - I think the Amy Myers site has tons of info on that. Finding recipes and meal plans is not that hard, now there are so many Paleo sites out there. Also, there's an amazing story of recovery on 'Against All Grain', and she has terrific recipes there - you still can have plenty of yummy things without grain. I take a Curcumin (turmeric and other herbs) supplement when I get in a lot of pain - see if you can find a hi-end one. Also, it sounds like you need some REST!

Pauly - good luck with Louie. Maybe he's picking up on the energy in his home? It's so good of you to give him a safe and comfortable place to be.

Dill - how great that your candle turned out well! I have recently heard of a cookbook which has refined-sugar free jams - I'll find out more about it - the recipes I saw looked great. Do you know about 'freezer jam'? Much less sugar, and I think much less work. Good luck - I'd love to be putting up fruits, but can't do it right now -- I'm jealous!

OK, off to get my Office/Happy Space put back together, and get some business off. Then laundry, laundry, laundry --

Cheers all for a great AF Thursday -
                          Last edited by treegirl; May 5, 2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Good morning friends on this still cloudy & damp Thursday morning, ha ha!
                            Boy this weather pattern is a real bore, yuck.

Star, sometimes I feel like a mad scientist in the kitchen, ha ha!
                            Yesterday I saw a recipe for vegan tomato queso dip & just had to have some!!!! Next thing you know I was grinding raw cashews, adding a can of diced tomatoes, some nutritional yeast flakes & tons of seasoning. Poured it from the food processor right into my mini crockpot & let it cook for 2 hours - it was good with some good quality corn chips
                            Corn could possibly be inflammatory for some people but I seem to be OK with a little.
                            Glad you have plans for your yard, sounds very nice & something you will enjoy!

Pauly, you are up early today. I hope you feel better.
                            Why don't you try eliminating common food allergens for a few weeks & see how you feel.
                            The most common allergenic foods, also known as the 'big eight', are:

•eggs.
                            •fish.
                            •milk.
                            •nuts from trees (including hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, and Brazil nuts)
                            •peanuts (groundnuts)
                            •shellfish (including shrimps, mussels, and crab)
                            •soya.
                            •wheat.
                            I copied & pasted that for you, ha ha!!
                            The theory is you slowly re-introduce these foods, one at a time & see which ones cause you problems.
                            I hope Louie is in better spirits today. Kids get moody just like adults. Ask him open-ended questions & see how he fills in the blanks________! It's an interesting way to find out what's going on inside their little minds

Hello to Dill, the candle maker!!
                            I see a lot of gift making in your future - cool!

Cyn, the busiest woman on the earth - have a good day!

I need to push myself out the door & get to Curves to get my day going right.
                            Have a terrific AF Thursday everyone.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello friends, I'm afraid I overslept this morning and had to hit the ground running when I got out of bed. I didn't get my morning wake up time with my coffee and the thread. Mr. D had an early appointment and I often ride along with him to this one. Then we did some errands and our grocery shopping, had lunch out and then had to do house chores in the afternoon. I feel like the day was turned upside down, all because I over slept! Tomorrow I have to be up and out early for my volunteer job, so I won't have my morning time tomorrow either.

I googled 'how to fix jam that didn't set' and sure enough, I found a fix. I reworked the jam and now the consistency is perfect! I don't really use a lot of jam myself. Just maybe have some on Sunday morning on a biscuit or some toast. This batch will last a long time! I'll probably give some as gifts, too. In fact we gave one away today to the Audiologist that works with Mr. D's hearing issues. She's so good to him!

Star, the plans for your back yard sound wonderful! And I am curious, are you taking vitamin capsules or sublingual? I still haven't tried the B vits but am seriously thinking about it. I'm hoping for help with my memory.

Pauly, I don't think I am groggy all day when I sleep in. Maybe you sleep in bc you are extra tired and it just sticks with you all day?

Cyn, wow, what a big project for you yesterday! Lots of times if I do a project that wears me out I don't cook. We either go out or order a pizza or something. I suppose with your dietary problems you probably don't eat out very often tho, is that true? And yes, I have heard of freezer jam and have made it in the past. It is a good alternative but I really like old fashioned jam in jars better.

Lav, I think maybe you are a mad scientist in the kitchen! LOL! I'm glad you put your genius to work doing good or you could be downright dangerous!

Let's all have a peaceful af Thursday night.
                              Dill

Comment

Dill, sounds like you had a pretty full day, good for you
                                I hope your volunteer day goes well tomorrow.

I made a fabulous dessert today - who said vegan food is boring????
                                Vegan "Nutella" Chocolate Mousse Recipe - Go Dairy Free

Part of the chocolate I used was from my private Ghiradelli stash - raspberry dark chocolate - soooo good

Still chilly tonight, glad I made veggie soup for dinner.

Peace to all tonight!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X