QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

"Hitting a ?bottom? is when your life gets worse faster than you can lower your standards. Each time you drink to get away from yourself you get a little worse and feel a little lower."
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

QUOTES for today

"I hate it when people say 'Grow some balls'. Those things are so soft and tender. They should say 'Grow a vagina'...that thing can really take a beating."
      - Betty White
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

QUOTES for today

“If you want to understand a society, take a good look at the drugs it uses. And what can this tell you about American culture? Well, look at the drugs we use. Except for pharmaceutical poison, there are essentially only two drugs that Western civilization tolerates: Caffeine from Monday to Friday to energize you enough to make you a productive member of society, and alcohol from Friday to Monday to keep you too stupid to figure out the prison that you are living in.”

Bill Hicks

Comment

QUOTES for today

'The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.'

Walt Disney Co.
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

QUOTES for today

you never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Kuya, that is an awesome quote! Havent seen you in the Newbiest Nest for a while...

AK
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

QUOTES for today

allankay;1389676 wrote: Kuya, that is an awesome quote! Havent seen you in the Newbiest Nest for a while...

AK
                I pop in from time to time. My daughter has exams and I have to help her revise and until yesterday a lot of my energy on here was spent throwing pearls to swine! LOL

Will catch up with you soon, no doubt,

KY

Wait for it...

Comment

QUOTES for today

People were created to be loved.
                  Things were created to be Used. .
                  The reason why the world is in Chaos. .
                  is because things are being Loved .
                  and people are being Used. .
                  - Unknown

Comment

QUOTES for today

Adhere to your purpose and you will soon feel as well as you ever did. On the contrary, if you falter, and give up, you will lose the power of keeping any resolution, and will regret it all your life.
                    --June 28, 1862 Letter to Quintin Campbell
                    From President Abraham Lincoln

Comment

QUOTES for today

The Principle: Casting Pearls Before Swine

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."

The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. "That which is holy" would be the meat offered in sacrifice to God. A dog could care less whether it came from the altar or the garbage. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.

Comment

QUOTES for today

We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
                        Nelson Mandela
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

QUOTES for today

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by allankay
                          Kuya, that is an awesome quote! Havent seen you in the Newbiest Nest for a while...

AK
                          I pop in from time to time. My daughter has exams and I have to help her revise and until yesterday a lot of my energy on here was spent throwing pearls to swine! LOL

Will catch up with you soon, no doubt,

KY

Wait for it...

Wildflowers;1390395 wrote: The Principle: Casting Pearls Before Swine

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."

The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. "That which is holy" would be the meat offered in sacrifice to God. A dog could care less whether it came from the altar or the garbage. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.
                          And there it is! :H. WF ...... You shouldn't let yourself be sooooo easy to hook! :H

Don't you know I am yanking your chain..... Stop falling for it luv

Comment

QUOTES for today

I know you were! I'm just playing with you too. I actually kind of like you hun!... I like strong woman!... Great Mom's. I love the beauty of NZ too.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Wildflowers;1390437 wrote: I know you were! I'm just playing with you too. I actually kind of like you hun!... I like strong woman!... Great Mom's. I love the beauty of NZ too.
                              Cool! stubborn, pigheaded and a pisstaker ........ We may yet make this work!

Comment

QUOTES for today

My definition of strong woman is quite different than yours, much like other things. But, if you like insulting yourself be my guest.

Comment

Working...
                                X