QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make, like turning your shoulders sideways to walk quickly on a crowded sidewalk. It's your move.-- Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, July 7, 2003

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Perhaps the most important thing we can undertake toward the reduction of fear is to make it easier for people to accept themselves, to like themselves.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Guilt is a rope that wears thin.-- Ayn Rand

Comment

QUOTES for today

No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.-- Richard Feynman, Letter to Koichi Mano

Comment

QUOTES for today

today is day 1 of my sobriety. This is one of my favorite quotes to contemplate it is so relevent to life and impermance.

"Let everything happen to you
              Beauty and terror
              Just keep going
              No feeling is final"
              — Rainer Maria Rilke
              :new:

Comment

QUOTES for today

Ruby-C :welcome:

One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. When someone encourages you, that person helps you over a threshold you might otherwise never have crossed on your own.
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
                    – Aristotle

Comment

QUOTES for today

No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.-- Richard Feynman, Letter to Koichi Mano

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Son, employees are like mules. Some you stand in front of and coax them along with a carrot. Some you stand behind and kick them in the ass. The key to managemeant is knowing which mules are which."
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

QUOTES for today

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
                          – e. e. cummings

Comment

QUOTES for today

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.-- Charles Baudelaire

Comment

QUOTES for today

Every instance of heartbreak can teach us powerful lessons about creating the kind of love we really want.-- Martha Beck, O Magazine, February 2003 Life is like an ever

Comment

QUOTES for today

It doesn't matter if you win or lose in the big, scary jungle of the real world. Winners and losers... Enemies and allies... We don't live in a comic book! This is the real deal.-- Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X