You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should write a book! Unfortunately I can relate to many of these incidents.

- buying cooking wine because the liquor stores are closed on Sundays, even though I have high blood pressure and the salt is deadly

-shopping around for liquor stores so that I don't seem like a regular at any one store

- buying expensive things on line and not remembering buying them

- making a date for the family to go over someone's house, only by chance calling them and realizing we were expected that night

- finding a puddle in our office in the morning which I now believe was pee and telling my husband a glass of water was knocked over (embarassing... even here!)

- making an appointment for a window sales person to come to sell windows, not remembering and buying the windows out of sheer guilt and disgust with myself

- bruises

I can go on and on.........

Comment

Thanks Zenny,

.... buying 3 bottles of wine instead of 1 because it's on offer and casually say to the cashier 'well it's so difficult to miss a bargain'

....following day doing the same and saying 'oh it's such a bargain I thought I'd put some away for Christmas'. It's APRIL!

J x
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

When you can't figure out why your girlfriend is so angry at you and she has to tell you what you did the night before.

When you wake up to go to the bathroom and find the table has half collapsed with 2 broken legs, towel rack on the floor, and the top of the toilet has mysterously broken off.

You try to come up with a story to tell poeple how you got those scratches on your face but can't figure out what would do that.

When you tell yourself I'll just have one or two drinks today and a week later your still downing a bottle of vodka a day.

Comment

After a nasty night of hard/heavy drinking, you wake up foggy eyed in the morning and start to brush your teeth, only to realize once you start brushing your teeth, that you put shaving cream on your brush instead of toothpaste.

Yep-- that REALLY happened!

Comment

This was a good thread...sad but good.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Very powerful thread.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

When you ride a bicycle to the convenience store and miss the alcohol cutoff time (2am here) and seriously consider stealing a case of beer since the clerk won't sell you one.

When you wake up in your own urine. (YUCK)

Comment

when even after all the above, and almost two solid months sobriety this time around, still pondering drinking when something exceptionally stressful happens.
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Bought a new box of wine to replace the one that I drank from on lunch break. Didn't want boyfriend to notice the different weight, so I poured out the new one into waterbottles (now hidden in closet) and finshed the old one an threw it away in a garbage not at my house.

Broke down before going to bed wanting to change, boyfriend dosn't know the half of it.

This was all in the day I joined mwo. I am setting a goal to start Oct. 12.

Comment

Larisa;355585 wrote: Going on a diet means not eating so you can drink.
                      TOTALLY relate to this one. But then I drink too much and think it is ok to eat alfredo.

Comment

I definately can relate to so many of these, I don't even know if I would have any new one's to add.

Welcome AKwineo.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

When you go to bed after having some drinks, wake up in the middle of the night for a pee, pass by a wine glass that still had 1/4 in it, think to yourself, why leave that good wine out, throw it down the back of your throat like a shot and head on back to bed.
                          AF since 2/4/10
                          Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                          FINALLY FREE

Comment

What about finally turning up to AA meeting and they only offer a cup of coffee half full so you don't spill it from the shakes. I then graduated to a full cup the next week. Embarrassing.
                            MWO is a blessing, thank you.

Comment

...when you become the butt of family jokes about your drinking.
                              I'm not a flip flop - I'm a Jandal!:undercover:

Comment

You recognize that 99% of the bottles in your condo building's shared recycle bin are YOURS!
                                Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X