You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you are one when you have painful withdrawals....so painful you think you'd die...so painful that with whatever brain cells you have left you realize in that moment how bad things really are...you pray to God to give you just one more chance to help you get through this agony and the terrible pain of muscle spasms, what actually felt like epilepcy.... you pray and beg that you can just survive till tomorrow and that tomorrow you will start a new life. I have never had withdrawals before, typical hangover - nothing more. What I experienced 3 days ago shocked me deeply and I honestly say that I didn't think I'd live to see the next day. I'm grateful no one saw me in such condition....perhaps I was taking chances by not calling ambulance, but I was just too embarrased to let the world know of my misery.
    I now know I am an alcoholic. I am still too shy to admit it outloud, but I am determined to change my life around. I made a heartfelt promise to myself never touch a drink ever again.

Comment

MyChoice;893862 wrote: You know you are one when you have painful withdrawals....so painful you think you'd die...so painful that with whatever brain cells you have left you realize in that moment how bad things really are...you pray to God to give you just one more chance to help you get through this agony and the terrible pain of muscle spasms, what actually felt like epilepcy.... you pray and beg that you can just survive till tomorrow and that tomorrow you will start a new life. I have never had withdrawals before, typical hangover - nothing more. What I experienced 3 days ago shocked me deeply and I honestly say that I didn't think I'd live to see the next day. I'm grateful no one saw me in such condition....perhaps I was taking chances by not calling ambulance, but I was just too embarrased to let the world know of my misery.
      I now know I am an alcoholic. I am still too shy to admit it outloud, but I am determined to change my life around. I made a heartfelt promise to myself never touch a drink ever again.
      As long as you've acknowledged it to yourself, that's all that matters.
      It's all a process.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wow..
        You are amazing My Choice.

Your strength is admiral.

Obviously,
        I don't know you, but I'm proud of you.
        Happy to be back

Comment

This didn't happen to me but if you ever do this, chances are you have a drinking problem.

You know when your an alcoholic when you leave your kid in a hot car to drink at a bar.

Man arrested for leaving child in hot car while he went to the bar - CBS 21 News - Breaking news, sports and weather for the Harrisburg Pennsylvania area

You would catch me dead doing that.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

you know you are an alcoholic when you receive a job offer for a position that you applied for online. Trouble with that story is that firstly you cant remember applying for it because you were very very drunk at the time and secondly you were not in the least bit qualified to accept the said job hahaha. Thank heavens these days the job applications are undertaken sober and only for positions that I have appropriate experience for i.e. no rock scientists this week thankyou
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

You know your an alcoholic when, you try to walk home pissed from the pub and sit on road to take off shoes thinking it might help you walk straight. You get a mince pie from gas station, drop it and it splats all over pavement so you get down on your hands and knees and eat it off the pavement! You then wake the neighbours by trying to get your key into there door! OMG! Wrong house! So while your standing there you ask if they have any spare wine! You wake up with dried mince in your hair and all over your face. Nice one.
              HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Damn!!! Pink Angel
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

OMG...I fit into all that you have said....except the upside-down car accident.....
                  One of 7....I feel you!!

Wonka

Comment

Okay...you know when you drink too much when you go to the jazz fest in Montreal (hundrends of thousands of people) and the only one who recognizes you is the guy who works at the liquour store!!

You know when you drink too much when you mention to the guy at the LCBO (liquour store) that you have been in too much this week....and he agrees.....yikes

Comment

you know when you have a drink problem when you pour what you think is white vinegar onto the salad for at the table that you has been prepared for the family, and then your son says, mum this tastes like vodka!!!! YOu realise that you must have stashed some in the vinegar bottle trying to hide it from the kids! And when you hide white wine in the clear glass vase full of artificial flowers.
                      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

You know you're an alcoholic when . . . your best heart friend looks in your eyes and says, "You're drinking so much, I'm concerned."

We were both tripping on X, I considered it with all my heart and mind and body and said, "Yeah. Me, too."

It took a year or two more before I could do anything about it. Those were gruesome times.
                        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

sapphire1;938967 wrote: you know when you have a drink problem when you pour what you think is white vinegar onto the salad for at the table that you has been prepared for the family, and then your son says, mum this tastes like vodka!!!! YOu realise that you must have stashed some in the vinegar bottle trying to hide it from the kids! And when you hide white wine in the clear glass vase full of artificial flowers.
                          Oh doll....hang in there.

Comment

When you wake up on the floor, the front door is wide open, the contents of your handbag are outside, you can't find one shoe and you have a collection of business cards you don't recognize.....
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

when you know how many std drinks you need to buy so you run out with enough time to allow you to be under the limet to drive to work the next day,where you count the hours to do it all again...
                              AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

when you are standing in front of the magisttrait, and he says 9months sans licence, and you think, thats alot of benders where the misses has to drive us two work in the morn...
                                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X