You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the bartender brings you a beer out of habit and you don't say NO, and you drink it and end the night with a total 10 beers and 2 shots of tequila.
    And of course then suffer for several days over it. STUPID

Comment

Instead of taking warm milk to bed like normal people
      you take a double shot of neat whiskey and down that
      before you turn the light out.

Luv Flo xx
      Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

When you tell the biker who just grabbed your belt buckle and pulled you close like some kind of crazy person that he had exactly 3 seconds to let go of you or you were putting your cigarette out on his face. And when he let go you told him he could leave the bar now and you would give him a head start before you came outside with the poolstick.

He left. But he could have killed said alcoholic.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Boy, am I ever glad I found this thread!! Sure makes me glad too that I stopped drinking 20 days ago!! Before I started moderating I was in so many of those situations it's scary. And my poor children!! I'm blushing for shame right now, and my eyes are teary too as I remember the truly terrible things I did. Who knew we were all capable of such things when we were such sweet little kids so many years ago eh?

Add alcohol to the mix and we are capable of ANYTHING! I thank God everyday for the grace He gave me to find this forum, for Topamax and for my QUIT.
          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

omg i relate to so much in this thread, i'll keep reading and reminding myself when things are tough

Grateful to all who shared!!!! :h:h
            Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

When you badly abuse the only body you will only get given once.

Luv Flo x
              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

u know ur an alcoholic when u get carried home by a total stranger with cuts nd bruises all over u and just to top it off, u have wet ur self..................... This was me two weeks and 3 days a go, my god what a state!
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

When you get up late morning to find that you have spilled red wine all over your DH's brand new laptop and have no recollection of doing so.

When you project your self hatred onto said DH and convince yourself that his concern is actually contempt and almost ruin your marriage to the only man you've ever really loved and want to be with so badly, (but perversely you want AL more.)

It really messes with your brain, doesn't it? Thankfully my thinking is becoming clearer, and I really don't want to go back there.

I have been reading this thread for reinforcement, can identify with a lot of the things here.
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

littlepinkcat;1249146 wrote: u know ur an alcoholic when u get carried home by a total stranger with cuts nd bruises all over u and just to top it off, u have wet ur self..................... This was me two weeks and 3 days a go, my god what a state!
                    I woke up one day to find I had burned my face on cigarettes, too passed out to even feel the pain. Peed myself at the front door one time, because I couldn't get the key in the door in time. Like you say, Pinkcat, what a state to be in.
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Broken Halo: Exactly what a state, AF life is much better and stable
                      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I have sipped abandoned half empty wine glasses too. I never do that with other beverages... hmmm makes you think... I am a hare's breath away from the most shocking revelations you people have shared. Woah girl!!
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Waking up on the floor with vomit all over your clothes, shivering, shaking and completely miserable. Looking around to see where you are....and finding out you're in a jail cell. Again. Calling your best friend and having her call your boss, because you can't call him from a "correctional facility". She makes some excuse for you and also leaves work to come pick your sorry ass up from County.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

When you see unfinished drinks at the bar and have to fight to not finish them yourself.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Good one Alison!

Comment

Bringing alcohol in water bottles to college to get through statistics. Loathed that class.
                                Waking up and seeing you had hit a deer. No recollection of hitting deer.
                                Waking up in car in back road where you apparently crashed. Drive home.
                                Waking up in various rooms of various peoples houses, is various stages of undress.
                                Waking up in someone else's driveway. WTF? I was not driving
                                Waking up in a cowfield stuck in the mud, again, not driving....
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X